• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I think the idea that Satoshi needed to be kept from growing stronger and being recognized as a champion is a bit silly. There's plenty of stories to tell with Satoshi as a powerful trainer on the world stage and it isn't like he couldn't just be overcome himself, either.
I agree with this.

Ash becoming World Champion doesn't necessarily mean that they couldn't have given him other storylines to work with. Like Ash could have been kept around as a mentor-type character for the new protagonist, or even aged up and given a more serious storyline, maybe something more lore-centric this time around.

It really feels like Ash would have been retired no matter what happened in the end.

They wanted a new main character for one reason or the other.

ShadowForce720

Crazy that we can just pretend the Journeys team except for Gengar and Sirfetch'd don't exist in MPM. Something tells me they forgot about them...very quickly.
Ash’s Dragonite showed up just as often as those two, the only ones from the Journeys team we really didn’t see in MPM were Dracovish and ironically Lucario.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Well, I didn't think it was possible, but this series and the last episode has done something to me that I hoped would never happen. But it makes me all the more glad I've made my home in a completely new fandom (the Peanuts fandom if you're curious) on Fanfiction-dot-net and Deviantart.

I am officially no longer a fan of Ash. I'm done with him. I do not like him that much anymore.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Crazy that we can just pretend the Journeys team except for Gengar and Sirfetch'd don't exist in MPM. Something tells me they forgot about them...very quickly.
They were done at the end of their series and MPM as an epilogue was about team rotation as a bit of a hurrah? What's so shocking.

They got the glory of being the World Champion team and all got the rewards of taking down the strongest trainers in the whole anime.

Meanwhile Goukazaru is unironically used as a decoy to distract two TRio plant shitmons.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
They were done at the end of their series and MPM as an epilogue was about team rotation as a bit of a hurrah? What's so shocking.

They got the glory of being the World Champion team and all got the rewards of taking down the strongest trainers in the whole anime.

Meanwhile Goukazaru is unironically used as a decoy to distract two TRio plant shitmons.
Yeah, the group shot of the team with the trophy is iconic, and seen by the world (irl and in universe). Not being being too prevalent in MPM is okay.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Yeah, the group shot of the team with the trophy is iconic, and seen by the world (irl and in universe). Not being being too prevalent in MPM is okay.
It's still so insane seeing the onion duck go from being a rogue samurai who lost to Riolu dealing so much damage to the nearly impervious Gablias belonging to Shirona, even Shinji's whole team could do nothing to that thing and stomped out so many Elite Four members during DP&BW.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan

The plants may not be the strongest but I do think MPM11 successfully communicated just how important Carnivine and Gourgeist are to Jessie and James. Obviously all their Pokémon have strong bonds with them (maybe not Amoonguss and Frillish) but these bonds felt developed enough that they earned that last moment with Wobbuffet

Soniman

Break the Limit
It's still so insane seeing the onion duck go from being a rogue samurai who lost to Riolu dealing so much damage to the nearly impervious Gablias belonging to Shirona, even Shinji's whole team could do nothing to that thing and stomped out so many Elite Four members during DP&BW.
Any and all attempts to power scale in this anime need a bonk on the head with a comically oversized mallet to bring them back to reality

ComedianGuy8

@Dephender Pardon me but do you think we're going to expect an interview about not just MPM but the entire series with Ash as a protagonist anytime soon? The one after MPM11 got released, not before.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Inappropriate Behavior
I'd... ASSUME so considering such things never happened during the 22 years he was in charge. Pokemon was always about the journey rather than the destination until Yuyama let someone else run the show.
LMAO what? Your bias is showing coz I'm pretty sure he for sure "got things in a silver platter" earlier as well, stuff that were too coincidentally made for him and plot contrived for him. Or are we conveniently forgetting Blaze, Ash-Greninja, all the movies where Ash coincidentally happens to be there or is the chosen one, etc.

Something can have a fitting ending where the MC actually wins something for once and still be more about the journey and not the destination, Dephender. SM's Ash and Pikachu mid-battle monologue when battling Kukui where they look back on all their bonds and memories is the LITERAL definition of looking at the journey. Tomiyasuverse as you like to call it may have actually allowed Ash to win stuff, but it never forgot the core concept of it being about the journey like you're trying to pretend here.

I'm pretty sure your speculations about Yuyama and the whole World Champion thing is just gonna cause so much chaos coz ignorants on this site and Twitter who take every word of your as the gospel and like to give half information are just gonna treat it as fact instead of the mere speculation. If anything, I'm pretty sure Yuyama was pretty fine with Ash becoming the world's strongest considering he has been growing as a trainer constantly at this point.
I kinda have to agree with his philosophy there. Plot Armor can (sometimes) be ignored if the MC is trying to defeat the big bad guy or help someone but Ash's goal is such that it only benefits himself. Winning a league is only going to make him more popular, he's not really doing anybody any favors and as such doesn't need that plot armor.

Ash doesn't win his battles because he's smart or strong but because he's the most privileged guy in the universe.
"Doesn't win because he's smart or strong" lmao why do people who don't even have good faith discussions about the anime discuss about it anymore? His whole character is being dumb in a common sense but actually really smart when it comes to unorthodox battle strategies that give him a win and being able to train his mons better than most because of the bonds he cultivates with them.

Ash's goal only benefits himself? Lmao the whole goal is befriending every Pokemon which by extension always has him helping others...... What even is this take
is people really ignoring the big improvement from OS as an amateur trainer to XY where Ash was E4 level trainer with an entirely new team just so they can say Ash had all in a plate during SM and JN?
They can't even slander SM and JN properly, atleast slander it for the series it actually was and showcased rather than pulling out falsehoods
SM was basically one huge pity region for Ash, really.

I mean...

Only five or six big battles prior the league.
Not many people in the region bother with battling.
Pikachu with exclusive move.
Rowlet that can defeat a ******** Decidueye.
The Amazing Duelist Sunny D-Roc, who was owned by one Krookodile before suddenly owning 3 Pokemon (Sitrus Berry delivery service turned on).
A ********* Mythical Pokemon among his ranks (though sort of weak in the grand scheme of things).
Two first battles at the league were jokes to him.
The BIGGEST fight...was not even in the league bracket.
Endured a brand new spanking Legendary Z-Move the first time it went down on him.

About the only things he seemed to struggle with was all the times his fire cat lost to fire tiger and a few Gladion losses, but other than that? He got it made too much.

I blame the fact he didn't have many battles in the region, so he was forced to take big wins right away here and there.
And here we are with the falsehoods
"Mythical mon in his ranks" - which was a point not to just directly give him a victory
"Rowlet defeated Decidueye" - Rowlet, shown to be training throughout the series along with its gag while getting multiple victories before this and even training before this battle, beat it's fully evolved form, something that has DEFINITELY never before happened
Your comments about Lycanroc and the whole Nanu thing so you don't even watch the episodes lmao just reiterate whatever negative points others say so you can use them in your shitty baits. The whole arc itself explains the Lycanroc's loss then and why he won later

It's like talking to a brick wall
XY gave Ash a hyper OP form specific. That's a platinum platter.
Like they talking about Ash being the chosen one as if it isn't a theme since M2.....
I mean, I was kind of over it, until I read that any concrete reasons to believe in Ash were being actively sabotaged by one man, and the reason Ash finally got to where he should be was not because of a collective realisation that it was time for him to actually be good, but because this obstructing force simply...left.

That... kind of annoys me? I know it might seem strange, but I preferred the idea that the writers, directors, etc collectively decided to pull their finger out and write the character properly. Not that there was one guy insisting that Ash be pre-surgery Charlie Gordon forever, functionally trapping the show in infuriating stasis, with that front only improving once he left.

I spoke in the past about how the show needed to make up for the horrific Unova and Kalos leagues, and it did - but it wasn't through a changing of minds, it was a changing of personnel. I wish it was the former, that's all.
And this is exactly the harm I was talking about
Get a grip my guy, what Dephender posted and whatever he posts isn't always the unspoken truth and gospel
He has his own preferences, biases and likes and intrepretations of the anime as we all do and therefore his own takes at times. It's HIS opinion of whatever he said about Yuyama, not a fact.

Stop dogpiling on Yuyama
Hey @SerGoldenhandtheJust...remember when I said something about this didn't sit right with me? Well, I figured it out. It's a giant messaging and PR problem. You'd think a series that was primarily built around marketing would have this stuff figured out.
Yep I've been SAYING this ever since the sobble fiasco. The marketing is so bad for this series coz they're too hyper focused on just hyping up things with whatever stills and clips they can even if they are perpetuating a narrative which isn't happening and not the writers intent. They market with an intent to hype bait, not to actual market the content with the writers and directors intent. Anipoke_PR absolutely sucks

REALLY hope they promote the newer series better not just to hype but to actually promote it properly and with elements the writers and directors intend it to be. You can still tease and hype up things without being unbalanced with the writers intent and straight up misleading
Bro back when during the darkest day where everyone was like where's Farfetchd if you told people he'll eventually be bringing THE Cynthia 's Garchomp to its knees, nobody would believe you

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

It's not about "they already had the glory" but more about "everyone and their teammates are appearing at least once in these useless episodes but they didn't but some reason."
"Rowlet defeated Decidueye" - Rowlet, shown to be training throughout the series along with its gag while getting multiple victories before this and even training before this battle, beat it's fully evolved form, something that has DEFINITELY never before happened
Except Hau didn't seem to have a lot of Pokemon, so the win was even less deserved because he'd have far more experience with just Decidueye.
Your comments about Lycanroc and the whole Nanu thing so you don't even watch the episodes lmao just reiterate whatever negative points others say so you can use them in your shitty baits. The whole arc itself explains the Lycanroc's loss then and why he won later
Jeebus, calm down.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It's not about "they already had the glory" but more about "everyone and their teammates are appearing at least once in these useless episodes but they didn't but some reason."

Except Hau didn't seem to have a lot of Pokemon, so the win was even less deserved because he'd have far more experience with just Decidueye.

Jeebus, calm down.
I am calm, just calling it as it is coz I've seen way too many times you using incorrect facts or ignoring something in the anime when parroting an argument that sounds suspiciously close to some other people's criticism, but without the nuance and written to be more hyperbolic and baity to trash the anime

Plus you yourself admitted once proudly you never actually watch the episodes and just see the pictures on Serebii so there is that....

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Plus you yourself admitted once proudly you never actually watch the episodes and just see the pictures on Serebii so there is that....
Except I did watch the Sun & Moon episodes, especially the league battles. I watched the episodes that mattered watching, so there were a lot of skipped episodes I couldn't care less about (fillers). Really not that hard to miss the very spaced out "big" moments.

Also, if it seems like there are holes in my facts, people just forget. It's just human. Though when I correct someone, I certainly don't demean them with harsh criticism.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Except I did watch the Sun & Moon episodes, especially the league battles. I watched the episodes that mattered watching, so there were a lot of skipped episodes I couldn't care less about (fillers). Really not that hard to miss the very spaced out "big" moments.

Also, if it seems like there are holes in my facts, people just forget. It's just human. Though when I correct someone, I certainly don't demean them with harsh criticism.
That's why I didn't bring up the "you didn't watch it" card initially like I do for JN episodes, but your phrasing made me suspicious this may be the case here too coz it had a similar pattern.
I do understand forgetting details and sometimes getting things wrong, but the whole Nanu thing is a bit much coz that's like completely forgetting the arc itself imo, but I digress

Do apologise if I came off too demeaning, it's just all of your posts here just being ways to take jabs at the anime constantly gets annoying after a while

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
LMAO what? Your bias is showing coz I'm pretty sure he for sure "got things in a silver platter" earlier as well, stuff that were too coincidentally made for him and plot contrived for him. Or are we conveniently forgetting Blaze, Ash-Greninja, all the movies where Ash coincidentally happens to be there or is the chosen one, etc.
AG and chosen one? Yeah I'll agree on that but Blaze? Its an ability not made up for the anime, how is it an ass pull?