• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 3DS system transfer

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Somehow completely missed the sub-forum the first time. Yeah, it could've been moved, but whatever. Honestly, I have a feeling I already know the answer to this, but I still have to ask. Basically, my 3DS XL is no longer working. Something's wrong with it and it will automatically shut off with a pop whenever I turn it on. Since the warranty has expired, I figured that I would just upgrade to the New 3DS XL, since I'd be spending money anyway. Which brings me to my question:

Can I perform a system transfer through any of the methods without the source system working?

I'm sure the answer is no, but I still need to ask it.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
If the source system is no longer working then no, or at least not on your own.
From what I've heard from other people is that you can call Nintendo, explain to them the situation. They should be able to transfer your NNID account from your old 3DS XL to your the New 3DS XL. I've heard it'll take a couple days to complete the transfer but don't quote me on that. The Nintendo representative will tell you how long it'll take, just whatever you do DO NOT register your NNID account on the New 3DS XL when you set it up. You will not be able to do a transfer between the systems so just skip it.

Hope this helps.