• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

new all stand alone team

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
i just bred a girafarig, heracross, torkoal, relicanth, chatot, and carnivine for a new game in diamond, all with natures neutral to the stat im gonna EV train them in and with all the best tm moves i cud give them, ive never raised a team of all stand alone pokes meaning no evos or pre evos, has anyone else done this? if so wut did u use?

Last edited:
i just bred a girafarig, heracross, torkoal, relicanth, chatot, and carnivine for a new game in diamond, all with natures neutral to the stat im gonna EV train them in and with all the best tm moves i cud give them, ive never raised a team of all stand alone pokes meaning no evos or pre evos, has anyone else done this? if so wut did u use?

This is not a Forum where we help you make a team. You make a team, and we rate it.

I apologize if this is Mini-Modding

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
help? PSHHH i dont need help and wud never ask for it so ill so ill restate it and i was only asking wut ppl like to use out of curiosity lol

GIRAFARIG lvl.20
iron tail
strength
earthquake
rock smash(will change later)

HERACROSS lvl.20
brick break
shadow claw
rock slide
aerial ace

TORKOAL lvl.20
earthquake
flamethrower
sludge bomb
stone edge

RELICANTH lvl.17
giga impact
waterfall
rock slide
earthquake

CHATOT lvl.20
nasty plot
mirror move
chatter
hyper voice

CARNIVINE lvl.20
cut (will change later)
power whip
wring out
crunch

there thats better

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
You say that you don't need help and then you use....Giga Impact xD

Girafarig@Choice Specs
Hasty (+Spd, -Def)
Trait: Early Bird

~Psychic
~Shadow Ball
~Double Kick
~Trick/Thunderbolt/Energy Ball

Only use Trick in the Battle Tower.

Heracross@Choice Scarf/Flame Orb
Jolly (+Spd, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Guts

~Megahorn
~Close Combat
~Night Slash
~Stone Edge/Swords Dance

Only use Flame Orb with Swords Dance.

Torkoal@Leftovers
Relaxed (+Def, -Speed)
Trait: White Smoke

~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Lava Plume
~Earthquake/Stone Edge

Relicanth@Choice Band
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Rock Head

~Head Smash
~Waterfall
~Earthquake
~Double Edge

Chatot@Focus Sash/Leftovers
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Trait: Keen Eye

~Nasty Plot
~Chatter
~Hyper Voice
~Heat Wave

Carnivine@Leftovers
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Levitate

~Swords Dance
~Sleep Powder
~Power Whip
~Crunch

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
lol giga impact is just their for kicks until i get platinum so i can teach it aqua tail but for the mean time i plan on replacing it with head smash or something, its not like i wud ever use in competitive battling, as for everyone else i kinda just went with wut i got, it took long enough to breed as it did lol, but the item suggestions are pretty good lol but i dont get the whole flame orb on heracross thing...o_O

Last edited:

arceus03

Flame Orb activates Guts, and after a Swords Dance you'll have a x2 Atk boost (from SD) and x1.5 Atk boost (from Guts).

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
oh but doesnt burn reduce attack? how much wud be taken away from a x3 mulitplier?

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Actually, I think the effect of burn is reversed when Guts is activated.

No help, he says...=/

Torkoal @ Choice Specs
Relaxed Nature
Ability: White Smoke
-Eruption
-Earth Power
-Sludge Bomb
-HP Grass

Come to think of it, I could use some help myself. XD

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
really...thats interesting, i didnt know it cud do that, ill have to review the abilities on the main site, but yeah i really dont need help, sure i dont use the perfect natures or items or wut not but i still hold my own on wifi quite well.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Actually, I think the effect of burn is reversed when Guts is activated.

No help, he says...=/

Torkoal @ Choice Specs
Relaxed Nature
-Eruption
-Earth Power
-Sludge Bomb
-HP Grass

Come to think of it, I could use some help myself. XD

Which is exactly what I said. Sludge Bomb provides no coverage for Torkoal (hitting only Grass types Super Effective, which Eruption does anyway). Flamethrower/Fire Blast>Eruption since you most likely won't be hitting first anyways.

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Which is exactly what I said. Sludge Bomb provides no coverage for Torkoal (hitting only Grass types Super Effective, which Eruption does anyway). Flamethrower/Fire Blast>Eruption since you most likely won't be hitting first anyways.

Is this a problem? Oh, well. Hmmm, I guess this might work:

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
-Toxic
-Overheat
-Rapid Spin
-Explosion

It's two sets I got from smogon put together. I have a question for the OP: Will you be using this team competitively, or are planning to?

M4zz

Banned
Yeah you dont need help x_x dumba**. THis team sucks. Do not use recharge moves, moves with really low accuracy or moves that are determonde by hp/reduce stats.
Needs Work

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Yeah you dont need help x_x dumba**. THis team sucks. Do not use recharge moves, moves with really low accuracy or moves that are determonde by hp/reduce stats.
Needs Work

Hey, that wasn't very nice. And I think we told the OP that already. You're just restating something already mentioned IMO.

M4zz

Banned
Oops. didnt see that. Well it was a little harsh. this team des need improvement though.
Sorry about that