• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Areas'/Buildings' in Johto/Kanto Speculation x)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
Do you at least get what I mean, though? The forest north of Ecruteak may be the yellow forest, but just because it's there wouldn't mean it's explorable on the game itself. It's the same area as the PokeWalk location, but it can only be explored with the PokeWalk. That's what I believe. I find it hard to believe that there would be two unrelated locations with such similar names and traits.

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
I don't think the Golden forest and the Yellow forest are the same things :'/

Arceus, The Original One could be right about being able to explore the Golden forest but it hasn't been confirmed so let's not jump to conclusions yet.
While it DOES show it on the map, it doesn't show it covered in a green square/rectangle.
Johto.png

^ See the green patch that covers the lake of rage? That patch, I guess, indicates that we could travel around the lake of rage.
So for now, it looks like we could only explore a tiny area of it and that's the area where the tower is located.

megaman12

Not Happy

Arceus, The Original One could be right about being able to explore the Golden forest but it hasn't been confirmed so let's not jump to conclusions yet.
While it DOES show it on the map, it doesn't show it covered in a green square/rectangle.
Johto.png

^ See the green patch that covers the lake of rage? That patch, I guess, indicates that we could travel around the lake of rage.
So for now, it looks like we could only explore a tiny area of it and that's the area where the tower is located.

It could be like send off spring in which that area cannot be unlock until you beat the E4.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer

Johto.png

Actually, the Yellow Forest is a place on the Pokewalker. And I'm pretty sure we won't be able to explore the golden forest.

Soul Silver95

yeah i dont think they are the same thing as the golden forest has autumn leaves and i think its just he path to the tin tower where as the yellow forest in the picture given on pokemon sunday has green leaves on the trees. the only reason you and other people are comparing these is because people have given the name golden forest which is not a confirmed name where as the yellow forest is;munchlax;

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
It could be like send off spring in which that area cannot be unlock until you beat the E4.

That's what I'm hoping for!

Actually, the Yellow Forest is a place on the Pokewalker.

Yes I know. I was just trying to tell someone that the Yellow Forest (Pokewalker) is probably not the Golden forest (Game).

the only reason you and other people are comparing these is because people have given the name golden forest which is not a confirmed name where as the yellow forest is

Pretty much. For all we know, if it's accessible or mentioned in the game it could be called the Yellow forest as well. Who knows!

o_0

Herbalist
I hope that the Golden Forest is accessible before the Elite Four. They could put some trainers in there to train for the higher Gym/E4 levels. Any idea of what's in there? :S

Juka

M.c.

Johto.png

I think the 'yellow for' or whatevr you would like to call it might be a accseible area,
like in RSE there was no square or anything on the mountain, so it might be the same for this?, who knows?, am i right ? :D
oh well my opinion lol

Golem25

Meh, I don`t have that many wishes for Kanto. As long as it`s fleshed out, unlike the Kanto in G/S, I`m happy.

Oh, but seeing the Machop finishing his work in Vermillion City would awesome!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I think the 'yellow for' or whatevr you would like to call it might be a accseible area,
like in RSE there was no square or anything on the mountain, so it might be the same for this?, who knows?, am i right ? :D
oh well my opinion lol

The "Yellow Forest", the one full of Pikachus, is a place accessible within a course in PokéWalker. It is believed to be a place exclusive to PokéWalker much like the "Edge of the Night Sky". Don't get your hopes up.

Soul Silver95

oh well my opinion lol

yeah good point but look at the new map. it was designed to point out all the areas of interest via the green squares. ilex forst has a green square and thats a forest. obviously we cannot be sure until we get the game but if it was explorable it would have a green square would it not? i think its only there to depict the autumn trees in the path leading to the tin tower and the back of eckruteck;munchlax;

HERLS

LOLOLOL
I simply don't think well get many post game areas in Johto, apart from maybe a few caves for legends (the Johto cave music plays in the lairs of the weather trio rather than the Kanto music), because although it would be nice to have some areas like the Golden Forest as post-E4 areas, I'd say Kanto serves as a far big enough post-game area.

I would like to see the golden forest be further explored, but I just don't consider it likely.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
It would be kinda nice if the so-called "Golden Forest" was accessable and had some sorta story, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

HoennMaster

I honestly don't see much point in accessing the Golden Forest, but not having a green square there does not mean it is out of the question. Newmoon Island, Fullmoon Island, Sendoff Spring, and the Flower Paradise are not on Sinnoh's map at first. Also, Pal Park is represented by a green dot and it doesn't have a green dot at first.

Why can't it just be a big *** forest as a nice map decor and that is it?

Cause that would be a bit boring wouldn't it.
I mean if they drew a map for a new region, and there was 20-odd routes, and yet could only acess at least 18 of them, wouldn't you be a bit miffed that theres several other routes that can't be explorerd.

I was like that with the Sevii Islands.

Shinx_the_Sphinx

Staravia Trainer
Mostly every feature on this map is accessible so I think there's a good 50/50 chance of the forest being enterable. But, It might only be on their because we have to walk a little through it to get to the unburnt tower.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Cause that would be a bit boring wouldn't it.
I mean if they drew a map for a new region, and there was 20-odd routes, and yet could only acess at least 18 of them, wouldn't you be a bit miffed that theres several other routes that can't be explorerd.

I was like that with the Sevii Islands.
Yes because everything needs to be explorable. I mean 2 regions are fun but then oh no! A forest not explorable? Stop the press its the apocalypse. And roots are different from say some forest. A regions routes will be travelable. A forest say might not be. Like in the world you?

Mostly every feature on this map is accessible so I think there's a good 50/50 chance of the forest being enterable. But, It might only be on their because we have to walk a little through it to get to the unburnt tower.

Exactly. There is the trail with golden trees and seeing how we saw the golden treed area and all of Ecruteak there is also no possible way to enter it.

Status
Not open for further replies.