• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Areas'/Buildings' in Johto/Kanto Speculation x)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
The one about Leaf. It was like debated for 6 pages.

TRS621, thank you for pointing out my error, but I was mainly going by the Manga, I don't trust the anime anymore... I hope the correction is more accurate...

D

Deleted member 11515

Hey they could have both. The one in Cianwood could open because The Warden wanted to make a Johto branch. So say it finally is complete but he is going on vacation. So another Warden comes to Cianwood to open it and their are all the pokemon from the original Safari Zone.
That's what the intention of the National Park was, if I'm not mistaken. :B
Just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redcyndaquil

Fire Pokemon Trainer
The one about Leaf. It was like debated for 6 pages.

Geez! You're right! Sorry bou' that :(
Oh well, *man I thought I was being brilliant...:D*
So..uh..to avoid spam....
Yah, but the National park was like bug's and stuff:)

Knightmare

OMG a mod double posted?!

But yeah... I originally didn't believe that the Golden forest would be an accessible location but the idea of it being accessible is starting to grow on me.

It just strikes me as kind of strange that they wouldn't bother changing the coloration of a seemingly contained area on the map. They could have just as easily left it green like the rest of the wooded areas that fill the map... so it seems like a deliberate choice...

I also like the idea of battling someone related to Heonn there, as well as the idea of it only being accessible after you beat all 16 gyms like Mt. Silver.

Someone else mentioned the idea of battling one of the protagonists from R/S/E (if you do battle one of them my money is on May)
but if not one of the protagonists, maybe you can battle Steven, since he's the final battle in Emerald, or maybe both? who knows..

Knightmare

You've been here since '06 and you have yet to see a mod double post due to lag?

I come and go... if you haven't noticed my relatively low post count.

I actually had another account like a year before this one too but I think it got deleted or something because I was inactive for months at a time.
Though I don't think the site does that to people anymore.

Anyway I just figured they would have noticed that they did and deleted the extra by now o.0

but yeah the main times when I'm on here are
-when there's info going around about an upcoming game I'm interested in (Hg/Ss in this case)
-or right after a new main game is released so I can find out all the interesting details... and contribute with my own discoveries if I make any..

the times in between though... I just kind of forget to come back haha

Grumpig

Exams already?!
I've been thinking about the new area west of Cianwood - you know, the fragmented one everyone thinks it's a new Pal Park or Safari Zone. This is mostly a wish, but I think it's certainly possible: I think this new area might be a some sort of above-ground Underground, if that makes any sense.

In DPPt, the Underground was a cool idea IMO (with all of the Secret Bases and flags and whatnot) but it became very boring because of two things:
- It's huge, repetitive (in environments) and you can't get on your bike, making transportation very slow with no variety in what you see.
- It's local Wireless, not Wi-Fi, making it even more limited in use, for me at least, since I don't have anyone near that plays Pokemon.

This would be solved by this potential new area. I imagine it as a Wi-fi area in which you could make your own Secret Base, have a Pokemon follow you (as in the rest of the game...) and play Capture the Flag over Wi-fi; most likely only with Friend Codes, but hopefully with random strangers too (like Platinum's Wi-fi Plaza... perhaps it could also include mini-games!)

It would be a good idea, IMO, because:
- Everyone who's clamoring for overworld Secret Bases would be pleased, since even though the Secret Bases couldn't be anywhere in the game, they could be in a variety of different terrains (instead of always a cave, maybe a forest, or desert, or icy area...)
- Being (relatively) smaller than the Underground and with more variety of terrain, it would be more fun to travel. Also, if Wi-fi actually happens, it would be even more fun as there would almost certainly be someone there when you enter.
- As a bonus, since Pokemon follow you, it would be easier to identify separate players.

I think it's a fun idea, and hope they do implement it!

The only thing missing would be the digging mini-game, but that would hopefully be included in random caves like Union Cave or Mt. Mortar. As in, you get the Explorer's Kit but not to get Underground, rather to see sparkles in random caves while going through, and you could click them like in the Underground to start the minigame. And there would be no need for Gems (the worst aspect of the DPPt underground, IMO); you'd mostly get the Secret Base items from your mom or actually buying them with real Pokedollars. Hmm... Maybe even you would be able to dig up different items in different caves, like, maybe Moon Stones are more common (or only available) while digging in Mt. Moon, and stuff like that...

Knightmare

I think something like a wifi place where you can make a base should be easier to access from anywhere... like most other wifi facilities which are located at every pokemon center and the underground which is accessible by using the explorer kit anywhere...

plus I'm pretty sure that Roark hinted that these games will have an underground when he said he was hoping for it to spread to other regions.

I'm not sure what that place is... but I'm kind of doubtful it has anything to do with wifi..

GamerSonic

I believe that place next to Goldenrod is a GTS Center or Wifi. The place next to national park is hard to tell.

I've been thinking about the new area west of Cianwood - you know, the fragmented one everyone thinks it's a new Pal Park or Safari Zone. This is mostly a wish, but I think it's certainly possible: I think this new area might be a some sort of above-ground Underground, if that makes any sense.

In DPPt, the Underground was a cool idea IMO (with all of the Secret Bases and flags and whatnot) but it became very boring because of two things:
- It's huge, repetitive (in environments) and you can't get on your bike, making transportation very slow with no variety in what you see.
- It's local Wireless, not Wi-Fi, making it even more limited in use, for me at least, since I don't have anyone near that plays Pokemon.

This would be solved by this potential new area. I imagine it as a Wi-fi area in which you could make your own Secret Base, have a Pokemon follow you (as in the rest of the game...) and play Capture the Flag over Wi-fi; most likely only with Friend Codes, but hopefully with random strangers too (like Platinum's Wi-fi Plaza... perhaps it could also include mini-games!)

- Everyone who's clamoring for overworld Secret Bases would be pleased, since even though the Secret Bases couldn't be anywhere in the game, they could be in a variety of different terrains (instead of always a cave, maybe a forest, or desert, or icy area...)
- Being (relatively) smaller than the Underground and with more variety of terrain, it would be more fun to travel. Also, if Wi-fi actually happens, it would be even more fun as there would almost certainly be someone there when you enter.
- As a bonus, since Pokemon follow you, it would be easier to identify separate players.

The only thing missing would be the digging mini-game, but that would hopefully be included in random caves like Union Cave or Mt. Mortar. As in, you get the Explorer's Kit but not to get Underground, rather to see sparkles in random caves while going through, and you could click them like in the Underground to start the minigame. And there would be no need for Gems (the worst aspect of the DPPt underground, IMO); you'd mostly get the Secret Base items from your mom or actually buying them with real Pokedollars. Hmm... Maybe even you would be able to dig up different items in different caves, like, maybe Moon Stones are more common (or only available) while digging in Mt. Moon, and stuff like that...

Excellent idea! Very clever. Afterall, it seems that they're starting to go for more Player-to-Player interaction and that idea it a great one.

What do others think about this?

Starrbuck06

Originally Posted by Grumpig

I dunno tbh, seems a bit too much. The underground was a simple idea and why not just have a wi-fi villa or something :D

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Excellent idea! Very clever. Afterall, it seems that they're starting to go for more Player-to-Player interaction and that idea it a great one.

What do others think about this?

Trust me, I know it's a good idea and I'm not against it. It's just that, it's far from being implemented. The purpose of secret base is for it to be "secret" that's why they made it underground (that's what I think). Oh yeah, and why bother making a secret base on a specific place.

Kid 1: "Hey, I have a secret base. It's so damn hidden, only I can find it."
Kid 2: "Let me guess... it's on that large area west of Cianwood. Yours is on the icy area beside the frozen pool in between two tall glaciers."
Kid 1: "STFU!"

...or something to that effect... anyway, we still have the Wi-Fi Plaza for anything Wi-Fi. Pokémon isn't an MMORPG.

Last edited:

Luxray101

i hope they bring back the gen 3 kind of secret bases. they were the best ones imo. one of the main things i remember in fr/lg was the lack of secret bases. that sucked, but i hope game freak put them in hg/ss.

as for the other areas, i think the thing in goldenrod is the GTS, the place next to the national park is a fishing contest to kinda go with the bug-catching contest. the area next to cianwood looks to me like it could be something important because you can see lots of little paths going through waterfalls and stuff to get to it. i hope corocoro reveals what it is next month.

Dragon~~pokémon~~trainer

The Pokémon Trainer
There are two towers now in Mahogany Town. I wonder what those are. Ecruteak City is supposed to be the two towered city.

Chanses are they are just houses on towers, but it just seems odd. :/

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
There are two towers now in Mahogany Town. I wonder what those are. Ecruteak City is supposed to be the two towered city.

Chanses are they are just houses on towers, but it just seems odd. :/

Those are watch towers or lookout towers. Nothing special, IMO. Just aesthetics so that the town doesn't look empty.

LimeStar

am i the only one who thinks that the golden forest is just decoration?
also, there seems to be a new area near the ilex forest, with a few little pools of water in it

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
am i the only one who thinks that the golden forest is just decoration?
Why would they colour one pesific place gold instead of just colouring it green like ever other damn tree?

LimeStar

Why would they colour one pesific place gold instead of just colouring it green like ever other damn tree?
Ecruteak City, in the japanese versions, is called Enju City.
Enju trees have yellow leaves.
Good enough?

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Ecruteak City, in the japanese versions, is called Enju City.
Enju trees have yellow leaves.
Good enough?
That forest goes out far beyond Enju City

*Sad Trombone*

Status
Not open for further replies.