• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New areas- hidden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon~~pokémon~~trainer

The Pokémon Trainer
And on that same second last map op Psypokes (The Torn World Close Up) you can see the new Eterna City Galactic HQ more clearly.

The clouds are hidding something. Remember the first Sinnoh map? It had clouds on places they didn't want us to know yet (Canalave, Snowpoint, and some more).

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Stop crediting Psypokes for that image...it came from the official site for christs sake...it even has the skip button ¬¬

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
Everyone:

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but here's a link to a video about Pokemon platinum

http://www.pokemonplatinum.net/2008...apanese-tv-2-minute-feature-movie-11-trailer/

I put this here only because it shows a map without clouds over the routes at 1:20. I've been looking at the map pretty thoroughly, and I've noticed these differences from Diamond/Pearl's Map:

-on Route 222, to the left of SunyShore, there is an opening to a cave.
-Something really weird is going on at Snowpoint; it just looks like there's a big building there (or maybe it's because I just zoomed in too much)
-It kind of looks like there is a big barn-looking building somewhere by or in Floaroma- An updated Valley Windworks perhaps?
-There are two shiny Diamond-Like objects by Floaroma
-Eterna is covered in snow

I have no idea if any of this is new or not, but I figured I'd post what I found. ^^

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
looks kinda fishy but hopefully the field in floroma is something to do with shaymin or just another place 2 catch bugz and grassy. i love my bugz and grassy's.

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
If you look closely on the 2nd to last map on Psypokes, you can clearly see tunnels on Cycling road.

Also not minimoding but The. WorkSe.Of.InFinites, try not to post after yourself since you will be attracting the mods and they can be nasty sometimes.

Okay, i'll be careful not to post after myself.

About the tunnels, maybe purely aesthetic?

And on that same second last map op Psypokes (The Torn World Close Up) you can see the new Eterna City Galactic HQ more clearly.

The clouds are hidding something. Remember the first Sinnoh map? It had clouds on places they didn't want us to know yet (Canalave, Snowpoint, and some more).

The Eterna City Galactic HQ does look different. It looks like... THE PLANET SATURN!!!! :eek: Just speculating though.

Stop crediting Psypokes for that image...it came from the official site for christs sake...it even has the skip button ¬¬

Sorry about that. That was the first place i saw it. I'll check the official website first b4 i post. :D

-Nites

LimeStar

Uhhh... eterna is completely visible in the cloud map, and there is obviously no snow ¬_¬... its just the colour of the ground...
Also, that psypokes link was useless for me, so could someone download/upload the pics from there please? All i got was a million adds for "pirates of the carribean online".
Oh i have a link for this image:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/b/ba/Torn_World.png
And, contrary to the theres a new role of the floaroma field rumours, Floaroma Field is unchanged.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Torn_World.png

Ok in this those bridges net to the cycling road lead to eterna forst right? Also on the other side: sunnyshore the pokemon league or the veilstone building. Oh and I knew there was a reason for no jublife. Its got that pyramid. Anyweh yeah I suspect the clouds do somethin. I mean I learned by being a nintendo fan that if they put clouds on somethin it means its somethin new. Oh and off topic the locations of the pokemon region in japan:
526px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Regions.png

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Interesting indeed.

My speculations are more obtuse. Isn't it a bit strange that the cross-sections for the smaller clouds and bigger ones happen to be just outside Mt Coronet, at the source of the river that runs through and by Backlot's place?

My guess is that if Regigigigigigigigigigigas is central to the game, perhaps with a new ability (Clear Body?) then he'd be found in a cave there, reached by using Waterfall. He's then used to capture/defeat the 3 regis to be able to reach the Torn World, where you then battle Wormtina.

The large clouds cover the Batte Zone, hinting perhaps at new facilities. The other ones cover the area around Pal Park, which perhaps hints that it may be extended, much in the way that Artisan's Cave was a hostile area full of Smeargle.

The smaller ones at Floaroma/Fuego would hint that something related to Shaymin would be there, while the fourth one, which is around Sendoff Spring and Sunyshore, would hint to a chamber of the regis.

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
Uhhh... eterna is completely visible in the cloud map, and there is obviously no snow ¬_¬... its just the colour of the ground...
Also, that psypokes link was useless for me, so could someone download/upload the pics from there please? All i got was a million adds for "pirates of the carribean online".
Oh i have a link for this image:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/b/ba/Torn_World.png
And, contrary to the theres a new role of the floaroma field rumours, Floaroma Field is unchanged.

Yes, i think whoever said that there was snow magnified too much.
Or were influenced by this image:
Platinum1.PNG

Can you see the white patches on the ground? It's snow.

Interesting indeed.

My speculations are more obtuse. Isn't it a bit strange that the cross-sections for the smaller clouds and bigger ones happen to be just outside Mt Coronet, at the source of the river that runs through and by Backlot's place?

That's just mere coincidence. And reading too much into it. It is as much possibility that the cross-section is over Hearthome City's contest place.

I bet it's gonna get destroyed. ;) And in its place, a huge Snowlax ;snowlax; statue which will eat the whole town and go into a massive battle against Giratina ;487; !!!

My guess is that if Regigigigigigigigigigigas is central to the game, perhaps with a new ability (Clear Body?) then he'd be found in a cave there, reached by using Waterfall. He's then used to capture/defeat the 3 regis to be able to reach the Torn World, where you then battle Wormtina.

Now i thought that Giratina was central to the game;
He's on the front cover.
Is part of the plot
And was officially confirmed.

Hmm... maybe The G-ster isn't central to the game. :eek: :p :confused: (errr, why did i just called Giratina The G-ster?)

I believe Regigigas will have a subplot to unlock the regis. Wait, isn't that already confirmed?

SOMEONE TELL ME!!!!

P.S. I think i have minor A.D.D, or an excitement problem: An excitaholic :p :D

-Nites

I'd just like to point out that the cloud that covers sunyshore, I think, is hiding the sunyshore gym, as it has already been confirmed that Volkner is leaving the gym, it is presumeable that the gym is being remodled to suit the tastes of the new gym leader.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Platinum1.PNG

That's just mere coincidence. And reading too much into it. It is as much possibility that the cross-section is over Hearthome City's contest place.

I bet it's gonna get destroyed. ;) And in its place, a huge Snowlax ;snowlax; statue which will eat the whole town and go into a massive battle against Giratina ;487; !!!

He's on the front cover.
Is part of the plot

Hmm... maybe The G-ster isn't central to the game. :eek: :p :confused: (errr, why did i just called Giratina The G-ster?)

I believe Regigigas will have a subplot to unlock the regis. Wait, isn't that already confirmed?

SOMEONE TELL ME!!!!

-Nites
Yes Regigigas unlocks the other Regis, but only the Movie Event Regigigas, not any normal one

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Platinum1.PNG

He's on the front cover.
Is part of the plot

SOMEONE TELL ME!!!!

-Nites
Yes Regigigas unlocks the other Regis, but only the Movie Event Regigigas, not any normal one

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
It's not covering the gym though, is it?

And my apologies, it was three in the morning where I was and lack of sleep made me mess up in a lot of stuff regarding the map.

BUT: there IS what looks like a cave on the map shown in the video to the left of Sunyshore.

i think the galactic building were made to resemble ringed-planets, not so sure about the other stuff, but the gts looks like a pyramid tower, probably to resemble a satellite or communication tower

Discharge

Onions? WHERE???
How about this?

Regis are not native sinnoh pokemon, so maybe they will be obtainable from the other dimension?

Nah. That just sucks.

ArceusGamer

But maybe it'd be something else in the English version...
OR! Maybe there's coming a Regiggigas Movie Event for US oo?

Also, one thing to pnder... The new chambers for the Regi Trio... Where are THOSE located? Snowpoint Temple. You can clearly see in the video on www.pokemonplatinum.net.Also, the lake Giratina was in before is still there... Is it just an empty cave now? What's there? Nothing! You couldn't acces it before the League in D/P, so it'll probably just cut out :D

Something else i mentioned: Next to lake Mesprit, you can't see the end of Sinnoh. Maybe there would be some more Routes? Or maybe that's where the new BF will come?

And about the Eterna Building and the GTS: Those images are probably just art. It could be based just based on Sinnoh, it doesn't have to change in Platinum, right?

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
uh uh your wrong. Thing number 2 I learned about nintendo:
They changev something on a map for a game they will put that change in no matter what. Also dont go specuation crazy like me. Im hunched over my computer 5 hours a day trying to figure out the mysteries of it.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
http://serebii.net/platinum/computer.png

I'm thinking the above image may actually be the first floor of a new look HQ for team galactic, my reasoning is that the blue and pink spots in the picture, look like the teleporters used in their HQ from D/P.

The reason why there are what seem to be non-team galactic members in that room, is because their using a pokemon centre/huge shop or dare i say it they took a page from team rocket, and have turned their rather large building into a game corner as a front for their business.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Wait, only the event Regigagis unlockes the regis in Platinum?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.