• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New areas- hidden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m190049

Local psychopath
Take a look at the new Sinnoh Map... Click here to see an animation between the old and new one. (The animation destroys the quality somewhat. Click here and here to see the images individually if prefer you it.)

One of the first things you'll notice between the images is...
Well, the New map seems to go outwards a bit more... But if you don't count that...

You'd probubly notice the clouds and the purple swirl above Mount Coronet. The purple swirl is there because it's the portal to the torn world (or something like that), but the clouds are stuck on top of certain areas of the map. After a few moments on the main website, a few clouds start moving over the screen. But those ones are permanently stuck over there.

Most notably, the clouds are over...
-The flower garden above Floaroma
-All of Routes 119, 120, and 221 (The routes in between Sandgem town and Pal Park), half of Pal Park, and parts of Twinleaf Town and Sandgem Town.
-The Fight Area,the Survival Area, and Route 225 (The route between the two mentioned areas)
-A random area a bit north of route 222 (The sandy area on the left of Sunnyshore City.)

Well, for one... Why are those areas covered?

If you look closely... The clouds look directly like the one on the opposite corner as them. EXACTLY. It looks like those clouds were pasted over and not on the original drawing. Like it's blocking something. They don't look like part of the art. If it is blocking something.... What might be under there?

In my opinions...
-Where the Flower Garden is... I don't know. Something Shaymin related? If so probubly something small... But I don't think it's purely a coincidence that a cloud was put over that area.
-The big area in South-Western Sinnoh... I have NO IDEA at ALL why that could be covered...
-I think... Of course where the Areas are, this new 'Battle Frontier' thing will be there. That's my guess at least...
-I have NO CLUE what can be in that area above route 222... Theres nothing there anyway. The cloud isn't above a route or anything notable. It's just... there. On top of some un-important trees...

Why would they cover areas such as those? I still think those clouds look Pasted over those areas to prevent spoilers...

xXPorygonXx noticed that the Veilstone Galactic Building looks different. Specifically a bit more circular and roundish... LimeStar also noticed a similar change happened to the Galactic Building in Eterna. It seems to have became more circular. As of current information, the reason is unknown... What might be going on there? xXPorygonXx also noticed that the GTS is shaped differently. This may be what that Computer Room screenshot is from... it may also be a part of the new Battle Frontier Area... The lights in the room also make it look like it may be part of the re-designed Galactric Facilities.
What do you think?

Also, one thing to think about... The new chambers for the Regi Trio... Where are THOSE located?
Also, the lake Giratina was in before is still there... Is it just an empty cave now? What's there?

Your thoughts? Discuss.

Last edited:

GreenNinja

Treasure Hunter
i think that maybe those area are coverd becuase maybe they made cosmetic changes to them and didnt want to reveal too much about the game.

GreenNinja

Treasure Hunter
i think that maybe those area are coverd becuase maybe they made cosmetic changes to them and didnt want to reveal too much about the game.

Oh! I was thinking about this, but ya beat me to it. Cool find, though.

Dia406

Totally not gay!
You got a good point. That part of the fight area is probably battle island. But whys it called battle island its part of the survival area and the rest of those I zoomed in and knowticed that there was a small island across from the fight area is that battle island or just some random island.

PsychicPsycho

Something I noticed. In the new map, the Veilstone Galactic HQ looks much different than the D/P one. It's round.

Yeah, it is. That's weird. I don't know why they would change that. I doesn't seem like it would make much difference. Unless they're hidding something different in there. Maybe in this one they capture the 3 psychics + Dialga & Palkia, and take them to the building. But I guess they wouldn't need to change the building for that.

Anyway, that's an interesting image. Perhaps the clouds near the Pal Park are hidding some modification to it. Like, maybe the Pal Park route will just be a normal route, and the Park will be over where the Battle Tower was. Then the Tower would be somewhere off the screen, on the Battle Island.

I think in my book for Emerald it shows a similar picture of the Hoenn landscape, but you don't see the battle Frontier. So maybe it's the same with this picture.

LimeStar

Also, the galactic building i Eterna looks different, the roof has a different colour, and there is a ring around it

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
SPOILERS. it's spoilers that want hidden.
Personally i think at least 3 of those hidden-by-cloud areas have something to do with the other Regis.
>Since Regice was found in the ocean, it will be found in Sinnoh's routes 219, 220 & 221, (btw pal park and sandgem).
>Regirock btw Fight and Survival Area. (A sandstorm appears, with snow? huh? :confused: read on if u don't get it.)
>Registeel in b4 sunyshore city.
>Regigigas is still in the Snowpoint temple.

Then again, the clouds could also represent where some places are gonna get colder. there could be probably snow in those areas.
>Floaroma's flower field could be... a SNOW BALL PARK!!! YAAAA!!! :D
OMG!!! no, it's gonna be a bear attack ;217; !!! Def-Def-Definitely (I posted this b4 on Platinum Storyline Discussions. It was based on a story in a real place called tomamae, equivalent to Valley Windworks. I know; no connection with Floaroma's field, right?)

>Maybe Dialga and Palkia will be caught in one of those places.
>Maybe Battle island will not be on the map. The big-cloud-covered place could be one. But if you go to that big-cloud-covered place, btw Survival and Fight Area, it really feels like a short route. (If you use repels on the grass)
>Maybe i like snow
>Maybe this was the first time i noticed the clouds.
>Maybe i shouldn't be here.
>Bye :D

-Nites

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
Also, the galactic building i Eterna looks different, the roof has a different colour, and there is a ring around it

The GTS is differently shaped as well, and the Canalave library has a blue roof.

Something I noticed. In the new map, the Veilstone Galactic HQ looks much different than the D/P one. It's round.

I believe they are purely aesthetic; just their to look good. Like how there were some changes from R/S to E.

You got a good point. That part of the fight area is probably battle island. But whys it called battle island its part of the survival area and the rest of those I zoomed in and knowticed that there was a small island across from the fight area is that battle island or just some random island.

If your talking about the island in the ocean, east of Fight area, that was already there in D/P.
(I went on it and it's just covered in grass, except the beach around it.)

I hope there's a new island that is not on main screen, like a battle-frontier-style island thing. Maybe that's why there's new buttons on the Poketch.
YAAAA!!!! A better Poketch!!!111 :D

-Nites

Last edited by a moderator:

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
Oh, just realized. :eek:

I took a look at a map of Japan, and it's equivalent of Sinnoh, Hokkaido.
There is an area west of Lake Verity and Twinleaf Town. It's been cut off in Sinnoh's map in a hidden area. :eek:

Maybe that's where the new Battle-Frontier-Style Area will be.
Or the new generation!!! :D (which won't be in Platinum, let me make that perfectly clear).

-Nites

hello moto

Top of the morning
Also there is a tunnel on the cycling road, it is on the gap showing the route underneath.

I hate the clouds :(.
But there will be changes :)

edit- http://www.pokemonplatinum.net/2008/06/16/pokemon-platinum-japanese-tv-2-minute-feature-movie-11-trailer/

Sorry for the long Link, this is from a different thread but if you take a look 1:22 the map does not have the clouds over some of the areas. So someone has purposly added the clouds on the map on this thread.

-Also the map on this thread, the clouds are identical if you look carefully.

-It also looks like there is no Springoff spring in the area (i think). No it is there, sorry.

Last edited:

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
Hello Moto :D

Also there is a tunnel on the cycling road, it is on the gap showing the route underneath.

I hate the clouds :(.
But there will be changes :)
Well, aren't you a hopeful person. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, You really are hopeful: 'But there will be changes:)'
I hate the clouds too.
But could you elaborate on the cycling road tunnel thing, wasn't that in D/P?
(BTW, love your name. Hello Moto :D, reminds me of a commercial for Motorola)

-Nites

Isnt most of the buildings in the new map dark or completely gone?

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
Oh, there's another image of the Platinum Sinnoh region.

It's on Psypokes, at the end of the page.

As you can see, there are more clouds, and covering more areas.

I'm beginning to suspect coincidence. :eek:

But it's still fun to speculate :D

-Nites

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
Isnt most of the buildings in the new map dark or completely gone?
Isn't it obvious? A giant snorlax ;143; is going to squash us all!!! :eek: :D jk

Seriously, i think that it's getting darker b/c of Giratina's torn world portal ;487; . He's sucking everything in!!!1!!1! :eek:

Anyway, I don't see any missing buildings. Can u please tell where they are located?

If there are missing buildings, Snorlax ;143; ate them. :D jk

-Nites

Last edited:

hello moto

Top of the morning
If you look closely on the 2nd to last map on Psypokes, you can clearly see tunnels on Cycling road.

Also not minimoding but The. WorkSe.Of.InFinites, try not to post after yourself since you will be attracting the mods and they can be nasty sometimes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.