• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Attacks & Abilities Discussion

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

starwars

megacharizard king
So far I like all the new atttacks and abilities. i like the sound of shell blade becaues it sounds awesome and i would like it to be powerful but it probably is only 75.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
The new attacks til now are pretty interesting.
The one who caught my eye was the Oath: Grass and Fire. I was interested also to hear about Reshiram's ability, TurboBlaze.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Yeah, the Oath's have got me interested to.. no doubt if there is a fire and grass there will be a water i hope. And Mijumaru's Shell Blade sound awesome, although only his evolution line will probably learn it.

The attacks this time round are pretty interesting.
My favorites so far would have to be Complete Burn/Incinerate and Acrobat, simply because they're unique. And I really want to see Claw Sharpen in action =D

And the abilities are OK, Pidgeon/Bird Heart sounds like it's going to be a decent ability, I'm still curious about Turbo Blaze and Zekrom's equivalent, I really want to know what they do, they sound, powerful.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
My only thought about the new attacks and abilities: they seem to really be focusing on accuracy this time around.

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
I really like EarthquakeSpiral for Crokonile, but i would imagine it would not be useful in one on one's. So for everything else i think it's is an awesome ability to have, and i may have to make a team built around this ability.

Grei

not the color
My favorite abilities thus far have to be Overconfidence (also known as "EarthquakeSpiral" on the site) and Encourage. Both of those abilities look so incredibly useful, and I hope that Encourage negates the negative 2ndary effects of attacks, so that Hihidaruma can use Overheat without sharply lowering it's Sp. Atk, and so Wargle can use Brave Bird without recoil.

Pigeon Heart is also interesting to me.

I'm hoping that Herbivore goes to more than Shikijika (I expect it to, but anyway). It feels sort of useless on a Grass-type, because it's unlikely that anyone (save for the wild Pokemon and "dumber" Trainers) will use a Grass-type move on a part Grass-type Pokemon.

I'd like to see Herbivore on a Water-type or something.

As for the attacks, I'm really liking Claw Sharpen, Sweep Slap, Wild Bolt, Night Burst, Shell Blade, Grass Mixer, Nitro Charge, Drill Liner, Grass Oath, Fire Oath, Windstorm, and Acrobat.

I'm especially excited for:

Wild Bolt - It looks like it could be like Volt Tackle, but easier to distribute to Pokemon like Luxray!
Sweep Slap - I just like it. I love Chillarmy.
Grass Oath and Fire Oath - What do these moves do? Perhaps they raise Grass/Fire attacks respectively. I expect a 'Water Oath' as well.
Acrobat - so interesting and very useful for the new Triple Battles. I think it'd be cool if it could attack the other Pokemon in Rotation Battles, but it's effects as of now are good.

HookShot

Shiny get!
The big thing I'm interested in is what TurboBlaze and TeraVoltage do. Beyond that, Encourage and EarthquakeSpiral/Overconfidence/Whatever have me interested too; they sound like they could be pretty dang useful.

And as far as attacks go, Shell Blade is probably my favorite revealed thus far, mainly because it sounds cool.

XD Mewtwo

Void#ZX0
I'm hoping that Herbivore goes to more than Shikijika (I expect it to, but anyway). It feels sort of useless on a Grass-type, because it's unlikely that anyone (save for the wild Pokemon and "dumber" Trainers) will use a Grass-type move on a part Grass-type Pokemon.

I'd like to see Herbivore on a Water-type or something.

Herbivore is useful for a free attack boost if you switch out pokemon to get hit by a grass attack, Herbivore is basicly a grass type Motor Drive except attack is increased instead.

I do hope that Encourage does let you use moves like Overheat, Brave Bird, etc without the secondary effects working.

Also I wonder if Complete Burn would destroy any held item and not just berries.

crash!201

Logic Trainer
i can't wait to see how double chop is going to look. and earthquakespiral looks sweet also

Icay4321

Earthquake Spiral could be devastating in Triple Battles if paired with Earthquake. Put Stone Edge on there for Flying-Types and watch the other team spiral downwards, lol.

EDIT: Actually, does it work if Meguroko takes out its teammates?

Last edited:

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
I'm not too sure about that actually, but it say's in the abilities section that it's attack raises when it knocks out an opponent... so most probably not.

It will be devastating in any battles apart from 1v1's imo since it will be wasted lol aslong as their is another pokemon to attack after it's defeated one then it's on a rampage :p Oh how i love Crokonile.

Dust-proof is another one that i love, i really hate taking weather damage and all that extra text lol (unless with dust-proof it has the weather text as well as the 'blahblah does not effect ?????) so yay for Dust-proof.

Grei

not the color
I'm not too sure about that actually, but it say's in the abilities section that it's attack raises when it knocks out an opponent... so most probably not.

It will be devastating in any battles apart from 1v1's imo since it will be wasted lol aslong as their is another pokemon to attack after it's defeated one then it's on a rampage :p Oh how i love Crokonile.

I think it'll be devastating in 1 vs. 1 battles, too. I mean, we don't know if it'll be a Pokemon that could sweep an entire team. If it has decent Attack and Defense then it could easily just be sent in first and, with each enemy Pokemon defeated, the battle just gets easier.

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
Yeah that's pretty much what iv'e been saying (team battle wise) i have no doubt that it will be awesome in a 1v1 i was just saying his ability wouldn't be as good in them due to there being no other opponent to use its boosted attack on.

Nielsspeler

Don't really kept track of the attacks and abilities, but when a strong Pokémon gets EarthquakeSpiral the Pokémon will be OU immediately, it looks a bit overpowered, a Attack boosting attack + that ability and you have a great sweeper.

Drajolt Trainer

PokeMaster
For Fire Oath, I think that it will raise the power of Fire moves, but only allow for Fire moves to be used. Lasts for 2-5 turns.

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
Looking through that page I just realised I didn't know half the new abilities, but the one I'm most interested in is Telepathy.
I hate not being able to use earthquake in double battles D:

rocky505

Wild bolt is my favorite attack and with Shell blade close behind. If Wild Bolt is not a clone of Volt Tackle I see it being more of an electric Take Down attack.