• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Attacks & Abilities Discussion

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
I have a question regarding Mold Breaker. I did ask over at the Haxorus discussion in competitive battling, but haven't recieved an answer yet.

When Mold Breaker is in play, can earthquakers from both sides hit Levitating Pokemon, or is it only the Mold Breaker Pokemon that can manage it?

Zekrom77

Light the Way
Only the Mold Breaker Pokemon can hit a Levitating Pokemon with Earthquake, I'm quite sure.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Zekrom and Reshiram were great Pokemon, but the fact that their abilities are just oversold Mold Breakers was disappointing. Not that I'm complaining about having something with Mold Breaker, to deal with those Sturdy pokemon, but they should have had their own unique abilities. Well, at least they didn't have Pressure.

Haru Glory

Rave Master
Zekrom and Reshiram were great Pokemon, but the fact that their abilities are just oversold Mold Breakers was disappointing. Not that I'm complaining about having something with Mold Breaker, to deal with those Sturdy pokemon, but they should have had their own unique abilities. Well, at least they didn't have Pressure.

Well, they're good abilities after all. If you use them competitively, you'll find useful to break Levitate and Pressure. :D

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Prankster really has placed some new strategies out there. I got Black in English just so I could get Prankster Whimsicott.

Aegon

Prankster really has placed some new strategies out there. I got Black in English just so I could get Prankster Whimsicott.
But there's an in-game trade in White. You can just breed that to obtain as many Whimiscott and Cottonee you want.

Prankster really is one of the best things given to us this generation but that's because I tend to like non damage attacks that cause inflictions such as Taunt, Toxic, Leech Seed, list goes on.

SCBoogie

i$e CreMe Man
I think Drill Run (is that what it's called? lol) is awesome, but I'm soooo bummed that Excadrill can't learn Stone Edge...considering the things that CAN learn SE, this makes no sense whatsoever.

And for me, it sorta negates the desire to put Drill Run in place of EQ. I'm not much for gimmick sets, but I wanted a Scope Lens Excadrill with DR/SE, etc, but ended up settling for yet another pokemon with Earthquake/Rockslide, and for this reason, I abandoned Excadrill altogether, which was one of the pokemon I anticipated the most before the game came out.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well, they're good abilities after all. If you use them competitively, you'll find useful to break Levitate and Pressure. :D

Mold Breaker doesn't affect Pressure.

Now that Sturdy is an auto Focus Sash, there is a Gigalith in the Battle Subway with a Custap Berry and Explosion. So it'll survive the hit, and if it doesn't explode then, the next turn, the Custap berry will activate, and possibly mean a priority Explosion.

Kall El

..Silence..
The new abilities and DW additions have had HUGE significance on the Metagame.
OFC i'm referring to Politoed and Ninetales here, both have spammed the revolutionary "Weather wars"
The addition of Weather boosting abilities such as Chlorophyll,SandRush has made this even more prominent.
Many old Pokemon who were deemed unproductive are now very useful e.g Venasaur

Moves like Scald have revolutionised the defensive side to the game, many Bulky waters can hinder the opposition with a Burn - great move!
Boositng moves such as Quiver dance are nice additions to the metagame..

There are many other fun additions.
Multi-scale Dnite is now very powerful and more useful in his own way compared to the other dragons!
Regenerator pokes are also helping the "Bulk of the metagame"
I could go on and on, there is so much to this new Generation, so much diversity and power.
I'm loving every bit of it and think GF have done a tremendous job! ;]