• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Banned List!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Advanced Format will be used at premier events, and the World Championship.

ADVANCED FORMAT LIST EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1st

I. Forbidden Cards

You cannot use these cards in your Deck or Side Deck:

BLACK LUSTER SOLDIER - ENVOY OF THE BEGINNING
BUTTERFLY DAGGER - ELMA
CHANGE OF HEART
CHAOS EMPEROR DRAGON - ENVOY OF THE END
CHAOS SORCERER
CYBER JAR
DARK HOLE
DELINQUENT DUO
EXCHANGE OF THE SPIRIT
FIBER JAR
HARPIE'S FEATHER DUSTER
IMPERIAL ORDER
LAST TURN
MAGICAL SCIENTIST
MAKYURA THE DESTRUCTOR
MIRAGE OF NIGHTMARE
MONSTER REBORN
PAINFUL CHOICE
POT OF GREED
RAIGEKI
SINISTER SERPENT
SNATCH STEAL
THE FORCEFUL SENTRY
THOUSAND-EYES RESTRICT
TIME SEAL
TRIBE-INFECTING VIRUS
TSUKUYOMI
WITCH OF THE BLACK FOREST
YATA-GARASU

NEW! - Chaos Sorcerer, Snatch Steal, Thousand-Eyes Restrict, Tsukuyomi

II. Limited Cards

You can ONLY use one of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

BOOK OF MOON
BREAKER THE MAGICAL WARRIOR
CALL OF THE HAUNTED
CARD DESTRUCTION
CEASEFIRE
CONFISCATION
D. D. ASSAILANT
D. D. WARRIOR LADY
DARK MAGICIAN OF CHAOS
EXODIA THE FORBIDDEN ONE
FUTURE FUSION
GRACEFUL CHARITY
GRAVITY BIND
HEAVY STORM
INJECTION FAIRY LILY
JINZO
LAST WILL
LEFT ARM OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
LEFT LEG OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
LEVEL LIMIT - AREA B
LIMITER REMOVAL
MAGE POWER
MAGIC CYLINDER
MAGICIAN OF FAITH
MASK OF DARKNESS
METAMORPHOSIS
MIRROR FORCE
MORPHING JAR
MYSTICAL SPACE TYPHOON
NIGHT ASSAILANT
NOBLEMAN OF CROSSOUT
POT OF AVARICE
PREMATURE BURIAL
PROTECTOR OF THE SANCTUARY
RIGHT ARM OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
RIGHT LEG OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
RING OF DESTRUCTION
SACRED PHOENIX OF NEPHTHYS
SANGAN
SCAPEGOAT
SPIRIT REAPER
SWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHT
TORRENTIAL TRIBUTE
TREEBORN FROG
TWIN-HEADED BEHEMOTH
ULTIMATE OFFERING
UNITED WE STAND

NEW! - Future Fusion, Gravity Bind, Magician of Faith, Nobleman of Crossout, Ring of Destruction, Spirit Reaper, Ultimate Offering

III. Semi-Limited Cards

You can ONLY use two of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

APPRENTICE MAGICIAN
CREATURE SWAP
DECK DEVASTATION VIRUS
EXILED FORCE
GIANT TRUNADE
GOOD GOBLIN HOUSEKEEPING
MANTICORE OF DARKNESS
RECKLESS GREED
REINFORCEMENT OF THE ARMY
UPSTART GOBLIN
WALL OF REVEALING LIGHT

NEW! - Exiled Force, Giant Trunade, Reckless Greed, Wall of Revealing Light
NEW! - The following cards are no longer Limited: Drop Off, Emergency Provisions, Lightning Vortex, Reflect Bounder
I like it for one.^^

-Judai

Awesome.

Non-limited Drop Off and Emergency Provisions is awesome in my book.

Glad Cyber Dragon isn't limited, that would ruin Cyber Decks as we know it. And Future Fusion, glad they kind of stopped the threat of uber Chimeratechs. Though Future Fusion limited to one does sort of ruin my Roid deck >_< I guess i'll have to stick with Power Bond and Vehicroid Connection Zone.

Not to shabby though.

Yeah, but i'll probably be adding Cyber-Stien and Future Fusion to my roid deck.

-Judai

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Yeah, but i'll probably be adding Cyber-Stien and Future Fusion to my roid deck.

-Judai

Won't we all =\

Stien is supposeddly going to dominate this format. I say this will open originality a little bit though. It's going to go 3 ways IMO: Pheonix, Stein OTK, or, what I call, the TRUE Cybernetic Revolution.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Well, this is personally not good for me, just traded for a second Reaper, a Sorcerer, and second Magian of Faith, ironic. Other than that though, it seems pretty good. 1 Nobleman is back, and 2 Walls of Reveling Light will screw up the deck of someone I know, they use that Reversal Quiz thing where they only run three Walls and all Spells.

Everyone keeps saying machines will rule.....System Down even though that wont stop my roids.^^

-Judai

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

hmm... I love this list, Chaos Sorcerer is finally out of the way! that screws up my older bro's deck, and many other peoples decks.

I knew Future fusion was going to be on there, seemed too broken.

Lightning Vortex not on the list anymore and the absense of cyber dragon on the list make me go wtf tho... Cyber Dragon I can understand though, cyber decks.

and no Zaborg? T_T

Ring of Destruction will kill us all.....

MADHATTER

Looking through my deck right now, I just realized that half of them are banned =/.

Why ban them, though? Change of Heart and things like that make strategies harder and stuff >___>;;.

No, they are banned because they are broken and don't need to be used by advanced players.Even though 90% of the yugioh players run advanced nowadays.

-Judai

I guess you could run two of them.Just make sure you dont use it to like kill of 1 monster.Try to kill off at least 2.

-Judai

Silver Arrow

i like bagels :D
Dang, no Tsukyomi and Sorcerer. Guess that makes a dent in my RFG Burn deck. So, I can still replace them! I actually like this one.

Most people do like this list, they are just complaining that Cyber-Stien isn't banned.Which he isn't ban worthy.

-Judai

Raito

HADOUKEN!
I'm not sure what I'm doing this format. T_T. I'll just see what is CC and see if it's cost efficient.
The ban list looks good, as it will take care of this meta's problems.

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
I believe that Stein not being restricted is the reason why Ring's back. With a Ring facedown, the OTK can totally backfire.

Tsuku gone is nice, but with it gone, I don't get why Book of Moon didn't get taken off the list. Or at least moved up to semi...

If you're whining about Stein OTK, side 3 Solemn Judgment like I do.

I'm maining 2 Royal Decree in a Strike Return this format...

Last edited:
Or Dimension Wall for Stien OTK, when they attack with their fusion, they get all the damage.

Too easily flawed Stien OTK really.

But no Tsukuyomi and only one Book of Moon :/ That is just like trying to stop us flipping face down, GASP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.