• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Battle Tower Team

Gorgonopsid Master

Strong like bull
The team I hav planned is

Rhyperior
Electivire
Flygon

I am currently ev training Rhyperior ( it is a rhyhorn right now)

Heres its stats and evs

Lv: 12

Hp: 50
Attack: 33
Def: 32
Spec Attck: 12
Spec Def: 15
Speed: 11

It has a Brave Nature

Evs:

Attck: 80
Hp: 252
Def: 110

I am ev training it in defense right now so it will have 178 evs in defense

Heres the planned moveset

Substitute
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Avalanche

Ill post flygons and electivires tomorrow so can someone rate my rhyhorn and tell me if ev training is apparent

Gorgonopsid Master

Strong like bull
heres my team so far

Flygon
Naughty@Life Orb
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk

Earthquake
Fire Blast / Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Roost

Just a straight forward Flygon but I am unsure whether to have Fire Blast or Flamethrower.

Rhyperior
Brave@Leftovers
Evs: 252 Hp / 80 Atk / 176 Def

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Avalanche
Substitute

This is a mixed wall and sweeper and I happy with this set as it covers quite a few types.

I also plan on having the pokemon on the trainer card in my sig, but can someone rate my pokemon right now just incase I need to improve it and can someone suggest a good yanmega moveset and ev spread please?

MetaNite

If your planning on using substitute for your Rhyperior, you should replace avalanche with Focus Punch. That'll murder!

I say flamethrower on your Flygon. It has better accuracy I think. But maybe you should put in all physical moves so as all its moves would work well with the EV spread.

Not bad so far.

Gorgonopsid Master

Strong like bull
thanks but im keeping avalanche to deal with dragons because their isnt much for fighting moves to cover if I have Eq and Stone Edge

I put flamethrower on flygon and it took out lucians bronzong in a few hits when it was lv 45

Here is my electivire that I have planned as I am currently breeding for his moves

Electivire
Adamant/Naughty@Expert Belt
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Hp

Earthquake
Cross Chop
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch

This set offers a lot of coverage and the expert belt works really well with it

So what does everyone else think of my team?

pikakid

jirachi killer
yeah good team go with f thrower is the electvire from battle revolution

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
If you are using Naughty instead of Adamant on Vire, give it Thunderbolt instead of Thunderpunch.

Gorgonopsid Master

Strong like bull
Thanks everyone but I am currently looking for a special and physical wall and a special sweeper

Here are the pokemon I was thinking of

Walls

Bastiodon
Forretress
Dusknoir
Shuckle
Probopass
Leafeon

Sweepers

Espeon
Alakazam
Magnezone
Yanmega

If anyone would reccomend any other pokemon with natures,evs and movesets I would really appreciate it

Gorgonopsid Master

Strong like bull
does anyone recommend something because I was thinking about using ninjask as a staller

Here is its movepool

Agility
Baton Pass
Protect
Substitute

This is a staller so I can baton pass to another sweeper and give them a huge speed boost but I was thinking about what a good ev spread was

Gorgonopsid Master

Strong like bull
Thanks I have a team planned for the battle tower now

Ninjask
Jolly@Sitrus Berry
Evs: 80 Hp / 220 Def / 220 Sp Def

Substitute
Baton Pass
Protect
Swords Dance

Electivire
Adamant@Expert Belt
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Hp

Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
Earthquake

Gengar
Modest/Timid@?
Evs: 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Sp Def

Thunder Bolt
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Hypnosis

Rhyperior
Brave@Leftovers
Evs: 80 Atk / 176 Def / 252 Hp

Substitute
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Avalanche

Flygon
Naughty@Life Orb
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Sp Atk

Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Roost

Probopass
Calm@?
Evs: 156 Hp / 252 Sp Def / 102 Def

Thunder Wave
Magnet Bomb
Discharge
Sandstorm/Iron Defense

What do you all think?

MetaNite

You know there's only 3 guys for the battle tower right?

A ninjask with substitute does not need protect. Give it X scissors, instead. That's what mine has. It takes care of pshycis like Azelf, and Gengar.

Speaking of which, my Gengar takes out 2 guys at the battle tower, often if he's my lead. It has Destiny Bond instead of Focus Blast (bad accuracy), and a Focas Sash. With Focus Blast and Hypnosis, you'll be missing some attacks, and will die for them.

I have little experience with the other pokemon. PS- if I have a battle tower team, specifially for wifi, do I put it in this forum or the wifi forum?

st_elmo

You know there's only 3 guys for the battle tower right?

A ninjask with substitute does not need protect. Give it X scissors, instead. That's what mine has. It takes care of pshycis like Azelf, and Gengar.

Speaking of which, my Gengar takes out 2 guys at the battle tower, often if he's my lead. It has Destiny Bond instead of Focus Blast (bad accuracy), and a Focas Sash. With Focus Blast and Hypnosis, you'll be missing some attacks, and will die for them.

I have little experience with the other pokemon. PS- if I have a battle tower team, specifially for wifi, do I put it in this forum or the wifi forum?

Gengar isn't a psychic, and he resists X-Scissor

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Give Gengar Wide Lens, to increase the accuracy of Hypnosis & Focus Blast.
And change Protect in Ninjask to either X-Scissor or Aerial Ace.

Gorgonopsid Master

Strong like bull
Thanks I will probably do that

For the main three pokemon I will use will be

Ninjask
Electivire
Gengar

as they give me type coverage over all of the Palmers pokemon

Here is my strategy

I will send out Ninjask and use Substitute It should hopefully last because of it EV Spread

Then I will use Swords Dance and then they should break through my sub and then I will continue using this strategy for a bit then use Baton Pass when I cant use substitute anymore

I will Pas too Electivire who should wipe out the majority of his pokemon if not then I always have Gengar for his pokemon like Cresselia

Is this a good strategy?

And would this be a an ok competitive team?

MetaNite

That's a good strategy, and it's the one I use. It makes Electivire amazing because it has a moveset that will OHKO 16 pkmn types.