• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New BW Team. Wow, It's been a While...

jab2033

...Since I've posted here.

Restarted Pokemon White just because I wanted to get ready for Black and White 2. This is the team I want to have when I face Alder (the real Champion) after the 2nd round with the Elite Four. Hopefully the entire team will be level 75+ by that point.

Serperior
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 58 HP / 252 Atk / 100 SDef / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Tail
- Aerial Ace
- Coil

My starter. Yeah, it's weaker compared to the others, but I like the look of Serperior the best and the Coil strategy seemed to work well in SuperSkarmory's video-walkthrough, so I decided to try it. Leaf Blade for STAB, and Dragon Tail + Aerial Ace for coverage. New EV spread to give Serperior more SDef bulk. Still not sure on that spread, though.

Excadrill
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

Basic physical attacker. This thing was amazing during my last playthrough and I don't expect anything different here. It's pretty much invincible after a Swords Dance and QuakeEdge + Shadow Claw gives plenty of super-effective coverage.

Darmanitan
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Flare Blitz

My 2nd physical sweeper. Not sure on Brick Break since it gives a lot of the same coverage as QuakeEdge. Replacement suggestions would be welcome. Too bad this thing doesn't get the rest of the Elemental Punches...

Eelektross
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SAtk / 100 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave

My First Special Sweeper. Thunder Wave is a filler since the first three moves give it optimal coverage. And I also needed a status inducer. Gave it more HP since TWave deals with most faster enemies.

Jellicent
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Def / 100 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Shadow Ball
- Will-o-Wisp
- Recover

A pokemon I haven't used before, but it is the only decent new water type in the game. Gave it Will-o-Wisp to help it wall even more physical attackers. Changed the EV spread as well.

Braviary
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Fly
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Return

Another new poke. Only reason I use Fly over Brave Bird is because it's in-game and I need the HM on the team for traveling purposes. Still, fairly nice Set.

And that's it. Rate/fix/ect.

Current Changes:

Changed Serperior's EV spread.
Gave Darmanitan Flare Blitz over Brick Break
Gave Excadrill X-Scissor over Shadow Claw
Gave Eelektross more HP EVs
Replaced Ice Beam with Shadow Ball and Psychic with Will-o-Wisp on Jellicent.
Changed Jellicent's EV spread
Gave Braviary Return over Shadow Claw.

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I think sticking with the normal 252 / 252 EV spread on Serperior would be fine since this is just in-game.

X-Scissor > Shadow Claw on Excadrill to hit Grass-types who otherwise might give you trouble.

tbh Darmanitan would rarely have to use its fourth move, but U-turn is an option over Brick Break (though Fire Punch + Rock Slide + Earthquake would probably be all it uses). You could also go with Flare Blitz if you want a bit of oomph in tough situations.

Go with Shadow Ball > Psychic on Jellicent, since Shadow Ball gets STAB.

Nice team, btw.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I think Toxic coulf fit in on Jellicent > Shadow Ball maybe.

Consider Return > Rock Slide on Braviary since you already have two QuakeEdge users...

Aurath8

Brave Bird > Shadow Claw on Braviary. STAB Brave Bird does more damage than Sahdow claw over 99% of the time. Literally.
STAB B-Bird has a Base power of 180, while a supereffective Shadow Claw only has 140. There are no Ghost/Psychics so Shadow Claw can't hit for x4 damage either, and of course a resisted B-Bird still outdamages a neutral Shadow Claw. In fact, the only time Shadow claw will do more damage than Brave Bird is against Rotom, Lunatone/Solrock and... oh, uh that's it. No trainers own Rotom in-game, so that leaves to just 2 out of 600 or so pokemon you encounter during the game. Or 0.003%...

edonub

...Since I've posted here.

Restarted Pokemon White just because I wanted to get ready for Black and White 2. This is the team I want to have when I face Alder (the real Champion) after the 2nd round with the Elite Four. Hopefully the entire team will be level 75+ by that point.

Serperior
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd How about making it a little bulkier on the special side? Like 252 Atk and 128 HP / SPdef. Serperior has really high speed for a bulky setup sweeper, and you have a negative priority move anyway.
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Tail
- Aerial Ace
- Coil

My starter. Yeah, it's weaker compared to the others, but I like the look of Serperior the best and the Coil strategy seemed to work well in SuperSkarmory's video-walkthrough, so I decided to try it. Leaf Blade for STAB, and Dragon Tail + Aerial Ace for coverage. Not sure if I should stick with this EV spread or go with the basic 4 HP /252 ATK /252 Spe spread.

Excadrill
Trait: Sand Rush
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw

Basic physical attacker. This thing was amazing during my last playthrough and I don't expect anything different here. It's pretty much invincible after a Swords Dance and QuakeEdge + Shadow Claw gives plenty of super-effective coverage. well yeah it's a monster, pretty standard set and it works.

Darmanitan
Trait: Sheer Force
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break /Flare Blitz. It OHKOes pretty much everything, and it works really well for Gym leaders/Elite4. Recoil sucks but you have high base HP and Darmanitan is really frail so it's better to onehit and get recoil than getting hit at all.

My 2nd physical sweeper. Not sure on Brick Break since it gives a lot of the same coverage as QuakeEdge. Replacement suggestions would be welcome. Too bad this thing doesn't get the rest of the Elemental Punches...

Eelektross
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd If you have Thunder Wave for faster enemies, you don't really need Timid and a lot of Speed IVs. Consider Modest and more HP
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave

My second Special Sweeper. Thunder Wave is a filler since the first three moves give it optimal coverage. And I also needed a status inducer.

Jellicent
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam /Shadow Ball/Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic /Shadow Ball/Will-O-Wisp. Cause STAB is better, psychic ain't that good for coverage. Almost nothing ingame resists Water+Ghost, and Will-O-Wisp lets you tank everything from special to physical attacks. What's 44 speed for? There's no CB Scizor to outspeed in Black/White :p
- Recover

A pokemon I haven't used before, but it is the only decent new water type in the game. Not sure on Psychic; would like something else that takes advantage of it's natural bulk to set up with.

Braviary
Trait: Keen Eye /Sheer Force to boos Rock Slide damage
- Fly
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw /Return. It's STAB so it will hit harder than a super-effective Shadow Claw. (and Fly hits just as hard).

Another new poke. Only reason I use Fly over Brave Bird is because it's in-game and I need the HM on the team for traveling purposes. Still, fairly nice Set.

And that's it. Rate/fix/ect.

Suggestions in bold. Consider replacing Eelektross with Galvantula for better speed and power (Thunder hits harder and the spider can abuse it, STAB Bug Buzz hits hard as well and you lack a Bug attack, while you have Fire and Grass covered with Serperior and Darmanitan). But that's just me cause I don't like Eelektross.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Galvantula can run Giga Drain / Thunder / Bug Buzz / Thunder Wave. Make sure it has Compoundeyes. If not run Thunderbolt. And if you don't have access to BW2 Tutor's then run Energy Ball.

jab2033

Thanks for the suggestions, folks. Made a few changes.

I'm considering replacing Darmanitan with Chandelure, only because I could use another Special-Based pokemon. 4/6 of my team is physical, and Chandelure doesn't really give my team any more glaring weaknesses.

How about this set:

Chandelure
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Basic Calm Mind set with Flamethrower + Shadow Ball as STAB and Energy Ball for coverage.

This will be replacing Darmanitan if I decide to use it.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
You could also use Psychic > Calm Mind since most people probably use it , but it shoukd be fine. Maybe put 44 EV's into HP though and less into Special Attack.