• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Characters Discussion

Aegon

So let me get this straight... you didn't like how they were too expressive about their emotions, so instead you don't want them to have emotions at all...?
No, but their emotions got in the way of the game. They popped up every ten minutes, and starting telling you their life stories. Surely childhood friends know so much about each other that they don't need to list off their aims? It slowed down the game. Bianca's character was great, though, as she wasn't so off-putting, unlike Cheren's blatant "I'm soooooo strong". I'm not saying character-development is a bad thing, I'm saying that too much of it is.
Nintendo Dream published a poll showing the top 15 human characters among Japanese fans...

1. N
2. Emmet
3. Ingo
4. Skyla
5. Elesa
6. Cheren
7. Cilan
8. Hilbert
9. Bianca
10. Hilda
11. Grimsley
12. Caitlin
13. Cynthia
14. Burgh
15. Iris
It's ironic that the characters in second and third place aren't human. They're robots, I tells ya! Robots! With lasers!

But really, most of those must have been chosen because the Japanese players liked their appearance, as Hilbert and Hilda appear; they don't even play a major part in the game. Oh, and because Skyla is fourth. Dirty people.
There's also a fan rumor I've seen that they were robots developed by Thorton, the Battle Factory Head from Platinum. :0
Turn this into canon, Game Freak. NOW!

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I can understand Skyla being more liked then Elesa, but Bianca was liked over Hilda? Craziness.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Nintendo Dream published a poll showing the top 15 human characters among Japanese fans...

1. N
2. Emmet
3. Ingo
4. Skyla
5. Elesa
6. Cheren
7. Cilan
8. Hilbert
9. Bianca
10. Hilda
11. Grimsley
12. Caitlin
13. Cynthia
14. Burgh
15. Iris

Pfft, I'm not surprised that N is at the top. He's the best character in these games, so I'm glad that people appreciate him. But what's this about Emmet and Ingo being in second and third place, respectively? How are they more popular than the playable characters, the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four? You only battle them a couple of times at the Battle Subway for God's sake. Must be the fan art. I can't believe that Iris is at the bottom. She's the cutest character in these games, so that makes me sad. Also: Lol, Cynthia is also near the bottom. Where's your ego now, Cynthia?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
They divided the top five up by male and female voters too...the male side had a mix of boy and girl characters, while the female side had all guys. N was #2 for both genders, lol.

Also...I don't like them including Cynthia. Caitlin's okay, since she was so minor in Platinum, but this is B/W characters.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I'm a bit upset that Grimsley and Catilin made the list and Shauntal didn't. I really like Shauntal - I find her to be spooky, and also really intelligent. I guess I can understand why Grimsley and Catilin are on the list, though, as vampires and characters from previous games are usually favourites.

Lorde

Also...I don't like them including Cynthia. Caitlin's okay, since she was so minor in Platinum, but this is B/W characters.

I don't like that people voted for Cynthia, either. Her role in these games was extremely minor, and people should've voted for someone who did a lot more in these games. Hell, Clay was very helpful, yet he didn't make it into the top 15? How sad. I'm actually a little surprised that Cilan came in seventh place. He was bland and uninteresting in the games, so I have a feeling that a bunch of girls voted for him only because of his actions in the anime :rolleyes:

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
In all honesty, I had completely forgotten who Ingo and Emmet even were until I looked them up on Bulbapedia. I completely agree that they should not have the #2 and #3 spots.

Lorde

In all honesty, I had completely forgotten who Ingo and Emmet even were until I looked them up on Bulbapedia. I completely agree that they should not have the #2 and #3 spots.

Like I said: The fan art.

Don't get me wrong, they're cool characters. I just don't think that they're very interesting. They look a bit creepy as well, so I wouldn't think that people liked them very much. Still, they're special in their own way. I like that they don't use Legendary Pokemon like some of the other battle facility owners did.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I just think they're not important enough in the actual games to deserve those spots. The only time you'd ever see them is if you decide to battle at the Battle Subway, and manage to win 21 consecutive battles, which not that many people do if they're not really trying to accomplish that.

R_N

I just think they're not important enough in the actual games to deserve those spots. The only time you'd ever see them is if you decide to battle at the Battle Subway, and manage to win 21 consecutive battles, which not that many people do if they're not really trying to accomplish that.

Importance isn't the only factor on why someone would like a character

God the touhou fandom would make you have an aneurysm

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Importance isn't the only factor on why someone would like a character

I know it's not the only factor, but it's a pretty major one. For example, I don't see anybody creating a huge fan base over The Riches Draco.

R_N

I know it's not the only factor, but it's a pretty major one. For example, I don't see anybody creating a huge fan base over The Riches Draco.

Uniquely designed boss characters having a fanbase compared to nominally more important (in comparison to other trainers) normal trainers?
Couldn't possibly see why

Emmett and Ingo are pretty cool looking. I mean, I'd like to see more of them. But I bet once they appear in the anime they'll turn out to be as awesome as I would expect.

Lorde

Emmett and Ingo are pretty cool looking. I mean, I'd like to see more of them. But I bet once they appear in the anime they'll turn out to be as awesome as I would expect.

They'll probably look exactly the same, although I'd love to see them without their coats on. Their personalities might also be different from what we expect them to be. I'd love for them to be wacky and not just serious like some of the other characters. I'd also like to learn more about their past. That isn't expanded upon in the games, so maybe the anime will help answer some questions.

12. Caitlin
13. Cynthia

And they're not even from Unova!

yeaaaaaaahhhh

Blueysicle

Master Procratinator
Truth be told, the top three don't surprise me at all. You may not see it much in the English-speaking part of the fandom, but going off the amount of fanart they get, Emmet and Ingo are hugely popular in Japan. I remember reading somewhere that at one point, they were getting just as much fanart daily on Pixiv as N was. (Who also has a enormous amount of fanart) I am surprised that Hilda is as low as she is, though.

I just think they're not important enough in the actual games to deserve those spots.

That doesn't mean anything.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
All I'm saying is that Emmet and Ingo are no more important than the likes of Dahlia and Thorton, but nobody seems to be ranking them #2 and #3 on any list.

R_N

Truth be told, the top three don't surprise me at all. You may not see it much in the English-speaking part of the fandom, but going off the amount of fanart they get, Emmet and Ingo are hugely popular in Japan. I remember reading somewhere that at one point, they were getting just as much fanart daily on Pixiv as N was. (Who also has a enormous amount of fanart) I am surprised that Hilda is as low as she is, though.

That doesn't mean anything.

And ,seriously, so many pvs using them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JQQRf4L6uc

Just follow the reccomended videos and there's a whole cashload of them