• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Characters Discussion

Hudsonn98

i just have to say that cheren and bianca are the dumbest rivals ever!
N is cool but i loved professer juniper! team plasma is cool and elesa is a kickbutt gym leader

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
i just have to say that cheren and bianca are the dumbest rivals ever!
N is cool but i loved professer juniper! team plasma is cool and elesa is a kickbutt gym leader

But I like Cheren's appearance, I don't find him dumb. Plus, he was also the first rival in the games to wear glasses.

I don't care about their names anymore since they aren't active characters. I still think that Blake and Whitlea would've been better names for the two playable characters, but we're stuck with Hilbert and Hilda.

I like Hilbert and Hilda... although I originally referred to them as Blair/Blake and Whitlea.

Plus, you can choose any name for the character anyway, so it's not a big deal to hate their names.

Last edited:

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
...?

I liked Cheren and Bianca as rivals. I thought they were interesting, and their designs were good. While Cheren was very one-dimensional- STRONSTRONGSTRONG- I still liked him as a character.

Maybe he's not so one-sided. Maybe he's thought of you (the protagonist) as the strongest of the three since childhood, and now he's trying to prove that it won't always be that way. He's hiding his feelings behind the excuse that getting stronger means everything.

Aurath8

Cheren and Bianca are opposites. Bianca is clumsy, not confident in her skills and doesn't know what to do in life. Cheren is skilled and focused on one path, strength. Cheren is one-sided, that is true, but his personality is intentionally different to Bianca's.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Cheren and Bianca are opposites. Bianca is clumsy, not confident in her skills and doesn't know what to do in life. Cheren is skilled and focused on one path, strength. Cheren is one-sided, that is true, but his personality is intentionally different to Bianca's.

I get the point of Bianca and Cheren.

Cheren showcases Black, Bianca showcases White.

Grey Wind

Yknow it would be cool if we were shown a Pokemon battle between Cheren and Bianca
Well, not really. Watching a battle you have no control over would be boring. They could have shown Bianca and Cheren battling in the overworld, with two pokemon attacking each other. That would be interesting.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yknow it would be cool if we were shown a Pokemon battle between Cheren and Bianca

As others have said, I'm not too sure if that would work out. Nevertheless, I think it's an interesting idea. I'm pretty sure that Cheren would win, though. I don't really like him, but I respect his strength. Bianca always seems to get the short end of the stick anyway, so I figure that everyone would expect her to lose against Cheren. But it would be a surprise if she were to win that battle; maybe then people would start to respect her, too.

Except it would be pointless and a waste of time. That and I really don't see how it would be 'cool' by any definition of the word.

Well, not really. Watching a battle you have no control over would be boring. They could have shown Bianca and Cheren battling in the overworld, with two pokemon attacking each other. That would be interesting.

I think it would be interesting watching a battle instead of actually playing it

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I think it would be interesting watching a battle instead of actually playing it

It depends. As Sapphire Sceptile suggested, I suppose an overworld battle using overworld sprites would be different and sort of interesting. If it were in the form of a standard battle however (you know, like how in RSE you see Wally catching Ralts, or the Old Man catching a Weedle, with the same battle screen as per normal) that would be pretty boring, would likely be drawn out, and would be quite monotonous.

Tsutaja1996

It depends. As Sapphire Sceptile suggested, I suppose an overworld battle using overworld sprites would be different and sort of interesting. If it were in the form of a standard battle however (you know, like how in RSE you see Wally catching Ralts, or the Old Man catching a Weedle, with the same battle screen as per normal) that would be pretty boring, would likely be drawn out, and would be quite monotonous.

I agree with this. It was cool when Lance got his Dragonite to use Hyper Beam on that Team Rocket Grunt. Good times.

Grey Wind

Not really. As zhanton said, it would probably be drawn out and boring to watch. Like how long battles take when done by NPCs. An overworld battle between their two starters woul dbe nice though.

Grey Wind

^ dont any of you watch peoples battles with the battle video?
Yes, but those are interesting competitivie battles, that go at normal speed. A Cheren and Bianca battle would probably be rather monotonous. Like how you watch the capture teaching thing, the battle always goes really slow.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
Plus, you can choose any name for the character anyway, so it's not a big deal to hate their names.
What? You can not choose the names for your Rival in black & white. Your stuck with Cheren & Bianca. They're not nessesarily bad though.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
i like the name creativity...

i wonder what N stands for.

It's a mathmatics term, an empty variable. Which is what N was.

Character Summations
Hilbert/Hilda: Why do I need a summary? They're my characters!
Bianca: Adorably stupid
Cheren: Meh.
Cedric Juniper: Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Professor Oak?
Professor Juniper: Is that Professor Oak's wife/Gary's mom?
Scientist Fennel: Nerds are sexy
Alder: Pretty cool guy
N: Creepy, sexy, sad sad boy
Ghetsis: The Morning Star, the Lightbringer, the Prince of Lies, the Lord of the Flies, the King of Evil, old Scratch...