• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Characters Discussion

I'm very much disappointed with all the new Gym Leaders and their rosters, but Aloe's takes the cake. I mean I'd understand why she has Yooterii's evolved form since it's a Normal-type and Aloe specializes in Normal-types but Miruhoggu just seems lazy on Game Freak's part. Like they couldn't decide on her last Pokemon so they gave her the generic Normal-type Pokemon any trainer could find throughout Isshu :/

For starters we could have given her Afrobull or the Chillarmy evo instead of Mirohuggo.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
For starters we could have given her Afrobull or the Chillarmy evo instead of Mirohuggo.

Yeah there really are tons of new Normal-type Pokemon that they could've given Aloe but they chose the generic ugly Pokemon for her for some reason. I don't know what to think anymore. Anyway I've seen some of the rosters for the other Gym Leaders like Bug-guy and Electric-guy/girl. I like the latter's roster but the former's is just really weird. I think most of the Gym Leaders besides the Sanyou City trio, have ugly Pokemon, how sad ;_;

Yeah there really are tons of new Normal-type Pokemon that they could've given Aloe but they chose the generic ugly Pokemon for her for some reason. I don't know what to think anymore. Anyway I've seen some of the rosters for the other Gym Leaders like Bug-guy and Electric-guy/girl. I like the latter's roster but the former's is just really weird. I think most of the Gym Leaders besides the Sanyou City trio, have ugly Pokemon, how sad ;_;

Sanyou City is just plain awesome :)
I haven't seen the Bug or Electric Gym's Rosters yet.
Although I really hope we have some tough Gym Leaders this time round.

Sanyou City is just plain awesome :)
I haven't seen the Bug or Electric Gym's Rosters yet.
Although I really hope we have some tough Gym Leaders this time round.
3rd Bug: Aati, the 3rd Gym Leader. Aati uses a Hoiiga (Lv.21), Ishizumai (Lv.21), and a Hahakomori (Lv.23)
4th Electric: Kamitsure, 2 Emogna (25) and Zeburaika (27)

loonatic

Smart and sneaky

Agreed. Baffuron/Afrobull was the perfect candidate for Aloe's main Pokemon. GF, you fill me with shame.

EDIT: I like Baffuron for Aloe not because it has an afro and Aloe is black. It just seems like it would've been a huge challenge to beat.

Last edited:

Lorde

3rd Bug: Aati, the 3rd Gym Leader. Aati uses a Hoiiga (Lv.21), Ishizumai (Lv.21), and a Hahakomori (Lv.23)
4th Electric: Kamitsure, 2 Emogna (25) and Zeburaika (27)

Is Kamitsure a male or a female? I honestly can't tell at this point but I love their roster. Emonga is a perfect choice :]

EDIT: I like Baffuron not because it has an afro and Aloe is black. It just seems like it would've been a huge challenge to beat.

I agree, but maybe too much of a challenge? It would be like fighting Whitney all over again since, I assume, Baffuron's stats are likely the same or close to Miltank's stats. Aloe is only the second Isshu Gym Leader so maybe it's good that they toned her down a bit.

loonatic

Smart and sneaky
Is Kamitsure a male or a female? I honestly can't tell at this point but I love their roster. Emonga is a perfect choice :]

I agree, but maybe too much of a challenge? It would be like fighting Whitney all over again since, I assume, Baffuron's stats are likely the same or close to Miltank's stats. Aloe is only the second Isshu Gym Leader so maybe it's good that they toned her down a bit.

I believe Kamitsure is female. I sure hope so...I called her sexy.

Personally, I'd prefer the Whitney/Miltank-esque challenge, even if Aloe is only the second gym leader. Or, at least give Miruhoggu the shaft and replace with a Normal-type that isn't the generic, common Pokemon.

Lorde

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR3_JC0a2GA

Watch this video you will see that the Fire type leader (Dento's brother) doesn't have an animated sprite

I didn't even know that those two other Gym Leaders in Sanyou City's Gym were Dento's brothers lol. I think they lack animated sprites because they aren't the main Gym Leaders. I think that out of the three, Dento is still more important so maybe he has the animated sprite?

I didn't even know that those two other Gym Leaders in Sanyou City's Gym were Dento's brothers lol. I think they lack animated sprites because they aren't the main Gym Leaders. I think that out of the three, Dento is still more important so maybe he has the animated sprite?

They are all the Gym Leaders.
It's just Dento's been around longer.

Lorde

They are all the Gym Leaders.
It's just Dento's been around longer.

I know all three are Gym Leaders but every trio needs someone who is more dominant otherwise things would fall into disarray. Out of the trio, Dento still seems to be the most important to me, and yeah, probably because he's been around much longer than the others but he's also in other media more than the other two. That's why I get the feeling that Dento is the main dude to look forward to.

I know all three are Gym Leaders but every trio needs someone who is more dominant otherwise things would fall into disarray. Out of the trio, Dento still seems to be the most important to me, and yeah, probably because he's been around much longer than the others but he's also in other media more than the other two. That's why I get the feeling that Dento is the main dude to look forward to.

Not only that he's one of the main dude's in the anime, so he will be looked towards as the main one. It's a shame you can't fight all three of them.

loonatic

Smart and sneaky
I'm quite pleased with Furou's (Flying gym leader) roster. Korokoromori (Koromori's evo), Kenhorou (Mamepato's final evo) and Swana.

Lorde

I'm quite pleased with Furou's (Flying gym leader) roster. Korokoromori (Koromori's evo), Kenhorou (Mamepato's final evo) and Swana.

It's ok I suppose. It's nothing too special but it's a group of very elegant-looking Pokemon that suit a graceful Gym Leader like Forou. I think her design is the best so far since she looks more like what I'd picture a Gym Leader would look like. She's not all bland like Dento, Aloe, and the others; she looks like she really takes pride in her role and dresses the part as well.

Meganium

Did we get a gym lineup for the ground gym, I was hoping for a Meguruko evo and it seems likely our mole friend will be a star.

It's ok I suppose. It's nothing too special but it's a group of very elegant-looking Pokemon that suit a graceful Gym Leader like Forou. I think her design is the best so far since she looks more like what I'd picture a Gym Leader would look like. She's not all bland like Dento, Aloe, and the others; she looks like she really takes pride in her role and dresses the part as well.

She is rather dressed well, her costume could fit any type to be honest.
I'm glad she's an elegant flying type gym Leader.