• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Characters Discussion

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
cheren reminds me a lot of gary mixed in with giovanni's kid.

How? Gary and Silver are both rude jerks, while Cheren is annoying, but he's a nice person.

Geekachu

I do love Bianca's character however.

Grey Wind

Bianca still had her whole 'I suck at battling' thing going on. Although that never ended. She just kind of...stopped.

R_N

I found Cheren's storyline too blatant and in your face IE 'POKEMON ARE FRIENDS STRENGTH IS OBSOLETE'. And Bianca's ended too abruptly in Nimbasa. *Sighs*

I do love Bianca's character however.
NO IT DIDN'T

The Dad thing is one part of it. She was still finding what she wanted to do in life!
THAT'S HER STORY
And she actually got close-to-full resolution after beating the e4 round two

iloveinfernape

Cheren, quite simply:

HEY I WANT POWER I WANT TO BE BETTER THAN YOU I WANT TO BE THE POKEMON CHAMPION I DECLARE THAT I AM BETTER THAN YOU EVEN THOUGH I LOST TO YOU

Professor Juniper is awesome, I've been wanting a female professor for ages

Bianca, I feel sorry for. I am a bit disappointed that she didn't have a pokemon battle with her father. Anyways, he would have won. I defeat her with ease.

N, well, is strange. Why does he fight with pokemon when he wants to liberate them? Has anyone else noticed that whenever you battle him he has pokemon which are found wild on the previous route, just with a few more levels on?

Last edited:

Geekachu

The Dad thing is one part of it. She was still finding what she wanted to do in life!
THAT'S HER STORY
And she actually got close-to-full resolution after beating the e4 round two

Of course it was. The confliction with her father was the main body of her story- and all of a sudden a supermodel waltzes in and everything was alright with her father. Aftet that I wasn't really bothered, the mystery and complexity of N's character eclipsed annoying Cheren and Bianca who already had her time in the spotlight.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I am a bit disappointed that she didn't have a pokemon battle with her father.

Why do you want Bianca and her father to have battled? It would have gone one of two ways:

1. We'd actually see the battle, which would be so boring.
2. Bianca and her dad would agree to have a battle, and then it would just randomly cut to the battle being over, which would be pointless.

So, unless you can think of another way to make the battle more interesting, I don't see why they'd put it in the game.

R_N

Of course it was. The confliction with her father was the main body of her story- and all of a sudden a supermodel waltzes in and everything was alright with her father. Aftet that I wasn't really bothered, the mystery and complexity of N's character eclipsed annoying Cheren and Bianca who already had her time in the spotlight.

No, it was finding what she was trying to do. That's why she gives you that spiel as to how she's tried so many thing over the course of her journey (bodyguard, bodyguard again, researcher, battler, super mode*l, gym leader and probably another one or two I just plain forgot), but still hasn't found what she really wanted to be and why after you beat the game she's reflecting on her journey and why after you beat the E4 again she decides to work with the Junipers.

*I love Elesa's line. "Blah blah blah gym leader blah blah listen to the girl blah blah ALSO I AM A SUPER MODEL blah blah battle me later"

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
*I love Elesa's line. "Blah blah blah gym leader blah blah listen to the girl blah blah ALSO I AM A SUPER MODEL blah blah battle me later"

Between Cheren and Elesa, you really know how to sum up a character in a few simple words :p

Geekachu

No, it was finding what she was trying to do. That's why she gives you that spiel as to how she's tried so many thing over the course of her journey (bodyguard, bodyguard again, researcher, battler, super mode*l, gym leader and probably another one or two I just plain forgot), but still hasn't found what she really wanted to be and why after you beat the game she's reflecting on her journey and why after you beat the E4 again she decides to work with the Junipers.

Her character was still inferior to N, maybe I was ignorant. But I hate how they plonk the rivals in a set location Post E4, I hope they'd at least place them in numerous areas during the week.

And you so beautifully summed up Elesa's dialogue. I also found in this game that there was so much blah'ing. Ya know, when Ghetsis is rallying the people of Accumula Town, when Ghetsis and Artie are talking, Alder, Ghetsis, Elesa, Ghetsis, N, Brycen, Ghetsis. Whilst I'm happy to appreciate the language it was literally numbing my mind.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
But I hate how they plonk the rivals in a set location Post E4, I hope they'd at least place them in numerous areas during the week.

I would personally prefer if they still travelled around Unova even after the game. Like you could beat Cynthia with Bianca and learn about Kyurem with Cheren in Lacunosa Town (which would give it a bit more of a purpose if you and him battled). They would basically appear at major points like they always do, but it would be post-game also.

R_N

Between Cheren and Elesa, you really know how to sum up a character in a few simple words :p

Well, this was more just a summary of her first conversation. I remember it so well because it's just so non-nonchalantly said; I didn't expect that information to be so bluntly stated. I figured it was just flavor information from NPCs (such as the one in Castelia) but nope!

I hope they do the same thing for her anime appearence. "Hi Ash yadda yadda Also *pose* I'm a super model yadda yadda let's fight"

Aegon

Although it was good to see rivals with some major development, I didn't feel that Cheren nor Bianca were like real people. They were way too expressive about their emotions, although Bianca got it nearly right. Cheren just told you the same thing every time you met him ("I'm strong, I'll ignore that you defeated me, but I'll listen to this weird, random person that's told me that he's the Champion"). Cheren fought against himself for no reason, but Bianca knew why she was journeying; to prove her father wrong. I wish that Pokémon could revert back to simpler times. Juniper, however, was great, as she didn't get in the way, but had a personality. That's the kind of simple I want.

Grey Wind

I'm glad that the characters actually had personality. Beofre this Gen, very few characters had personality like N, Cheren and Bianca. And the Gym Leaders actually did something, instead of sitting in their Gyms.
Before B/W only a number of characters had development/personality (like Cynthia and Silver). In B/W I really liked how developed N, Cheren and Bianca are.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Although it was good to see rivals with some major development, I didn't feel that Cheren nor Bianca were like real people. They were way too expressive about their emotions, although Bianca got it nearly right. Cheren just told you the same thing every time you met him ("I'm strong, I'll ignore that you defeated me, but I'll listen to this weird, random person that's told me that he's the Champion"). Cheren fought against himself for no reason, but Bianca knew why she was journeying; to prove her father wrong. I wish that Pokémon could revert back to simpler times. Juniper, however, was great, as she didn't get in the way, but had a personality. That's the kind of simple I want.

So let me get this straight... you didn't like how they were too expressive about their emotions, so instead you don't want them to have emotions at all...?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Nintendo Dream published a poll showing the top 15 human characters among Japanese fans...

1. N
2. Emmet
3. Ingo
4. Skyla
5. Elesa
6. Cheren
7. Cilan
8. Hilbert
9. Bianca
10. Hilda
11. Grimsley
12. Caitlin
13. Cynthia
14. Burgh
15. Iris

R_N

It's pretty interesting that these two are ranked so high in the list. I wonder why they're so popular?

If I had to guess, probably a sense of them being twins and their vague resemblance to robots
There's a lot of fan-videos for them, and I note they typically use more robotic sounding voices.