• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Characters Discussion

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm fairly certain Game Freak confirmed in a magazine that they are twins.

Twin robots! Well, I guess that's it for the robot theory, They don't look very human to me, but then again, neither does Looker. I mean, have you seen his eyes? They're hideous. But at least we have some explanation as to why Emmet and Ingo look so similar to each other. They've been pretty mysterious, but I still like them in an odd sort of way. I lost to Ingo the other day, but I wasn't too upset since the battle was fun.

GalladeX

Thorton's a freaking genius he could make twin robots if he wanted.

GUYS GUYS GUYS.

This is something I found on tumblr. A character popularity poll from Japan.

tumblr_lllvmecuUx1qivgnso1_500.jpg

From what I can tell, here are the rankings:

1) N
2) Ingo
3) Emmet
4) Skyla
5) Elesa
6) Cheren
7) Cilan
8) Hilbert
9) Bianca
10) Hilda
11) Grimsley
12) Caitlin
13) Cynthia
14) Burgh
15) Iris

Your thoughts? N was obvious. Some surprising results though. I knew the Subway Twins were popular, but jeez...

Also, Cynthia should GTFO. She's not even a Unova character.

There's also those pink and blue boxes at the bottom, but I can't figure out what they mean...Any Japanese speakers?

Lorde

That poll was posted before, only without the illustrations of the characters. I'm still confused about Emmet and Ingo's ranking, but at least they stopped Skyla from ranking higher on the poll. I'm also disappointed that they allowed a non-Unova character on that poll. Cynthia's role in these games is extremely minor, so why even bother with her?

There's also those pink and blue boxes at the bottom, but I can't figure out what they mean...Any Japanese speakers?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think those are the rankings of the most popular characters by voter gender. The ones in the blue box are the most popular characters as chosen by males, and the ones in the pink box are the most popular characters as chosen by females.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I like most of the characters in the new game...i really like them all...wasn't really dissapointed at all with the art work ethier... I still like cynthia the best though...really glad she was introduced into the black and white version again...I was so excited to battle her...

GalladeX

I'm not 100% sure, but I think those are the rankings of the most popular characters by voter gender. The ones in the blue box are the most popular characters as chosen by males, and the ones in the pink box are the most popular characters as chosen by females.

I see...

Iris seems to have a lot of female fans. Interesting.

KickAsh

halted development

And unsurprisingly, Skyla is first place among male voters.
I'm sure you're happy about that.

Thorton's a freaking genius he could make twin robots if he wanted.

GUYS GUYS GUYS.

This is something I found on tumblr. A character popularity poll from Japan.

From what I can tell, here are the rankings:

1) N
2) Ingo
3) Emmet
4) Skyla
5) Elesa
6) Cheren
7) Cilan
8) Hilbert
9) Bianca
10) Hilda
11) Grimsley
12) Caitlin
13) Cynthia
14) Burgh
15) Iris

Your thoughts? N was obvious. Some surprising results though. I knew the Subway Twins were popular, but jeez...
I approve of N being in first, I like Skyla and Elesa close to the top, and I think Cilan's solid number 7 spot is acceptable. I do wish Grimsley was higher, though.
^That handful--N, Skyla, Elesa, Cilan, and Grimsley--are all my favorite Unovan characters, so I'd pretty much agree with the results of this poll. I'm happy to see my favorites place.
I also really like Drayden, so I'm disappointed, and actually a tad bit surprised, he's not on here. I would have thought he would place 14th or something.

I'm curious as to how people choose between Emmet and Ingo, when they look so much alike.

Last edited:

Lorde

And unsurprisingly, Skyla is first place among male voters.
I'm sure you're happy about that.

No, I'm not happy about that at all. I actually pity the guys who voted for Skyla because of her looks. They could've voted for someone with more substance, but they chose that flying bimbo instead. It's very sad. I don't think they realize that she's not human.

Ah, Emmet/Ingo/whoever came in third place on the female voter's poll. You can tell that it's the other brother because the name matches the guy with the white coat.

Last edited:

R_N

Found it interesting how the males chose all girls (except for N, who got #2 in both polls!), while the females only went with boys.

Boys voted for:
1. Skyla
2. N
3. Hilbert
4. Elesa (?)
5. Bianca

Girls voted for:
1. Ingo (I think? Or is the black coat Emmet?)
2. N
3. ???
4. Cilan
5. Cheren

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Girls voted for:
2. N
3. ???
4. Cilan
5. Cheren

When it comes to Ingo and Emmet, why would girls decide to choose one to be #1, and make the other one down at #3? (I assume the ??? is the other one because it would make so sense that one is in the Top 5 while the other isn't). And how did they choose who is better from Ingo and Emmet? They're basically the same person if you ask me.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
It honestly blows my mind that people like Emmet and Ingo that much. XD I agree with N at the top, but I think Cheren deserves to be higher.

R_N

When it comes to Ingo and Emmet, why would girls decide to choose one to be #1, and make the other one down at #3? (I assume the ??? is the other one because it would make so sense that one is in the Top 5 while the other isn't). And how did they choose who is better from Ingo and Emmet? They're basically the same person if you ask me.

Color schemes, inferring personality, probably fan art

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
It honestly blows my mind that people like Emmet and Ingo that much. XD I agree with N at the top, but I think Cheren deserves to be higher.

I agree that two Subway Masters should not be so high up, but I disagree that Cheren should be higher. I think he's perfectly fine where he is - he's a pretty good character who got some nice development, but at parts of the game he was extremely annoying.

Lorde

I agree that two Subway Masters should not be so high up, but I disagree that Cheren should be higher. I think he's perfectly fine where he is - he's a pretty good character who got some nice development, but at parts of the game he was extremely annoying.

Cheren had a one-track mind, which is admirable, but still annoying at times. I don't think he should've ranked higher either. If anything, I thought that Bianca would rank in the top 5 at least, since she's so endearing. And I still think that Cilan's position on the poll is due to his portrayal in the anime. If he weren't so popular there, not many girls people would've voted for him. Let's face it, Cilan is boring in the games. He just doesn't have great taste.

R_N

N also has a one-track mind (YOU MEAN PEOPLE & POKEMON CAN LIVE TOGETHER? BULL! *enacts convoluted plan*) and, honestly, he annoyed me far more than Cheren ever did

Grei

not the color
No, I'm not happy about that at all. I actually pity the guys who voted for Skyla because of her looks. They could've voted for someone with more substance, but they chose that flying bimbo instead. It's very sad. I don't think they realize that she's not human.

It's true. She's actually a relative of Megaman.

Girls voted for:
2. N
3. ???
4. Cilan
5. Cheren

The female #1 is Iris. It's hard to tell because of the hair, but that's her jumping pose.
Their #3 looks like Dusclops. Maybe that one is Emmet/Ingo? I can't tell.

R_N

The female #1 is Iris. It's hard to tell because of the hair, but that's her jumping pose.
Their #3 looks like Dusclops. Maybe that one is Emmet/Ingo? I can't tell.

No, it's Ingo. If you compare the portrait it matches up with him, not Iris (at all).
Also: Compare the names.

And continuing to compare the names, it appears #3 is Emmet

edit: Oh look a high-res picture. #1 is Ingo, #3 is Emmet

Geekachu

And I don't understand the ranking of the Subway Characters, they didn't really have any character-ness or personality. Robots.

And Cynthia should #$!@ off back to Sinnoh

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
I actually didn't know Emmet and Ingo existed until I saw this. They look like they would rape children all day instead of conduct trains.

Lorde

Haha. Well I just meant that she's not a real living person, so for people to get excited about her seems weird. And yes, I am being a total hypocrite, but I don't care.

And Cynthia should #$!@ off back to Sinnoh

Finally, someone who agrees. I just don't think she should've been an option. She did nothing in these games that could be considered important, so she shouldn't have been on the poll.

I actually didn't know Emmet and Ingo existed until I saw this. They look like they would rape children all day instead of conduct trains.

You didn't know that they existed? Maybe you didn't encounter them in your games, but people have posted their artwork on this thread several times. I remember there being at least 5 pages worth of Emmet and Ingo discussion a few months back as well :c