• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Characters/Plot - Discussion/Speculation Thread

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Speaking of Nationalism and Fascism, as a history nerd, I would want an evil team based on something from the Spanish Civil War just before WWII (probably highly unlikely)

Other historical things in Spanish history would also be fine as well (especially since this game seems to have an Age of Exploration theme to it)
I would be snarky and say we already have the Nationalist and Republican colors for Scarlett and Violet.

Age of Exploration would be wild since you end up with people you don’t think would interact together actually interacting such as the Ottoman Empire in modern day Indonesia or the Samurai pirates fighting the Spanish in the Philippines

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don’t mind the inevitable evil team being tied to some world ending threat but please don’t do the “person with major influence on the region has a good cause but fails to have any semblance of foresight when using the legendary” plot again.

MrJechgo

I don’t mind the inevitable evil team being tied to some world ending threat but please don’t do the “person with major influence on the region has a good cause but fails to have any semblance of foresight when using the legendary” plot again.
How about TWO, like Team Magma and Team Aqua?

U.N. Owen

I’m hoping the villain has a clear cut goal. “Take over the world“ may be cliche, but the goal is clear. Rose’s plans confused me. He wanted to use Eternatus to boil water into steam.

Chomper4

I’m hoping the villain has a clear cut goal. “Take over the world“ may be cliche, but the goal is clear. Rose’s plans confused me. He wanted to use Eternatus to boil water into steam.
I feel we will get a joke evil team and a twist evil team third pair of games straight.

Ultra Beast Lover

They kind of had a supernatural evil team leader with N and his ability to speak to Pokemon. I wouldn't mind them doing something like Team Plasma again. I just hope they don't try to legitimately pass of the joke villains as the actual evil team. I don't think anyone was fooled even a bit by Team Yell being the villain. Some hoped that they'd be a part of a deep corruption plot but otherwise not one was really fooled.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

That's what a nuclear reactor does, in a nutshell. Nuclear fission generates enormous amounts of heat, the heat is used to flash water into steam, the steam spins turbines and generates electricity, so at face value wanting to use Eternatus as essentially a living nuclear reactor isn't dumb in and of itself, it's the fact that he wants to do that when he knows he can't control it in order to solve an energy crisis that won't actually happen for 1000 years.

U.N. Owen

That's what a nuclear reactor does, in a nutshell. Nuclear fission generates enormous amounts of heat, the heat is used to flash water into steam, the steam spins turbines and generates electricity, so at face value wanting to use Eternatus as essentially a living nuclear reactor isn't dumb in and of itself, it's the fact that he wants to do that when he knows he can't control it in order to solve an energy crisis that won't actually happen for 1000 years.
I’m well aware. I’m just baffled why anyone would use Eternatus to boil water. The crazy energy dragon boiling water was the dumbest and most short sighted part of this. He couldn’t spend 1000 years researching how to harness fanboy rage to make sure a catastrophe won’t happen in 1000 years?

ShadowForce720

What if the evil team this time around instead of trying to capture or control the mascot legendaries, what if they try to get rid of the mascot legendaries because they think they pose a threat.

They could even make the mascot legendaries be misunderstood.

So basically neither the evil team nor the mascot legendaries are evil but instead the main conflict is a huge misunderstanding.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
If we're going this route though, it makes me wonder what their aims are.

Team Orange: "Sports! Theater! EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES!!!!!!!!!!"
Team Grapes: "Ohohoho! ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE is everything!"
The DLC will give us Team Rory Gilmore, the team that somehow manages to excel at both.

I’m just baffled why anyone would use Eternatus to boil water. The crazy energy dragon boiling water was the dumbest and most short sighted part of this.
They should have used those 1000 years to better refine their metaphor for nuclear energy.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I’m well aware. I’m just baffled why anyone would use Eternatus to boil water. The crazy energy dragon boiling water was the dumbest and most short sighted part of this. He couldn’t spend 1000 years researching how to harness fanboy rage to make sure a catastrophe won’t happen in 1000 years?

I think waking the crazy energy dragon in the first place is the problem, not the concept of using the crazy energy dragon to boil water. Like, if he could have controlled Eternatus, using it to boil water and presumably power electrical generators would make some sense (ignoring the ethical concerns of enslaving said energy dragon and using it as a living reactor), but the problem is he couldn't control it, and he knew that.

At least they thought about how you would turn Pokemon bio-energy into electricity when it doesn't come from an Electric-type, and what they ended up with is somewhat realistic and doesn't just hand-wave the problem away like they did with Infinity Energy.

Manbis

I would already like it if not every single character was "so super nice"... give me edgy rival, give me an evil pokemon league champion or evil gym leaders / elite 4 . And please dont let the evil team JUST use posion and dark pokemon again....

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Would be funny if the plot turns out to be a cliche telenovela/soap opera:

The evil boss was your father all along. Or the jerk rival was actually your long lost sibling. Or you went on a journey because you want to prove something/meet the expectations of your parents. I highly doubt a revenge plot from a 10-year old kid though.

xayshade

If we're going this route though, it makes me wonder what their aims are.

Team Orange: "Sports! Theater! EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES!!!!!!!!!!"
Team Grapes: "Ohohoho! ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE is everything!"
Makes me think of kill la kill. We have to battle all the club heads to take down the student body president

Ultra Beast Lover

I'm gonna laugh if it's revealed that school is the greatest evil of the region. It's previously been the mafia, eco terrorism, scientists/a cult, a cult, genocidal maniacs, abusive parents/eldritch abominations, the man, and now... for the first time ever... the school board! What are they gonna do? Force their victims to take standardized tests? Monsters! Oh, oh or is it gonna be like the second Yugioh anime... the one I didn't watch? Will this mean I can still make Yugioh jokes?

I don't know, what do evil schools in anime usually do? Abuse their staff and treat certain students horribly while letting athletes get away with murder because reputation? ...Nah, that's what actual schools, at least most in America, do. I feel like I've heard of one school in an anime that was involved in human sacrifices but I'm not sure.

MrJechgo

How about Tradition vs Modernism?

European countries have pretty strong historical ties and have been keeping them for generations. If you take a look at major European cities today, many kept the "old rustic architecture" instead of going all contemporary with skyscrappers. It's not stubborness, but simple temporal care.

You could have a team who wants to preserve generational customs and traditions, opposing a team who brings technology, new ideals and such. Pokémon like Porygon, Rotom, Type:Null and Duraludon could clash with... any Pokémon.

Chomper4

How about Tradition vs Modernism?

European countries have pretty strong historical ties and have been keeping them for generations. If you take a look at major European cities today, many kept the "old rustic architecture" instead of going all contemporary with skyscrappers. It's not stubborness, but simple temporal care.

You could have a team who wants to preserve generational customs and traditions, opposing a team who brings technology, new ideals and such. Pokémon like Porygon, Rotom, Type:Null and Duraludon could clash with... any Pokémon.
That seems like a good theme.