• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Characters/Plot - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Ultra Beast Lover

RIGHT??? That woman looks bat**** crazy.

Of course, given how weird she looks, I think it's safe to say she is not a villain. Game Freak has gotten into the habit of making the main villain appear "normal" at first glance.
Like Clavel?

Anyways, yeah, Geeta looks weird. For me I think it's the massive eyes with the partial heterochromia combined with the suit and the hair that looks like tentacles and why are there eyes on her gloves they kinda scare me does she use them to peer into our souls? ...that'd actually be kinda cool.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Like Clavel?

Anyways, yeah, Geeta looks weird. For me I think it's the massive eyes with the partial heterochromia combined with the suit and the hair that looks like tentacles and why are there eyes on her gloves they kinda scare me does she use them to peer into our souls? ...that'd actually be kinda cool.

I think those are compasses on her gloves, rather than eyes. Spain is often associated with exploration, though historically it's really colonization. :confused:

At any rate, I think Geeta will simply serve as the "final battle" of the gym story, if not the entire game.

Akashin

My preference would be that her ace be something that is completely flipped on it’s head by Terastalizing it. She’s (probably) not beholden to one specific type, so she’s a prime candidate to show off a more competitively tactical use of the mechanic.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
My preference would be that her ace be something that is completely flipped on it’s head by Terastalizing it. She’s (probably) not beholden to one specific type, so she’s a prime candidate to show off a more competitively tactical use of the mechanic.
Like some 4x weak combo to Fighting (Rock/Dark, Steel/Dark, Ice/Dark etc) using Ghost Terastalizing.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Now having Geeta as the, de facto, Champion do you think we will fight Clavell?

I'm wondering how big the Board of Champion (or however they call it) is and if those are mono-types or mixed Teams.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Now having Geeta as the, de facto, Champion do you think we will fight Clavell?
Definitely, I mean he even has 6 pokeballs in his official artwork.

He’s either the villain, or the final challenge one has to overcome after defeating all gym leaders or he’s some sort of super boss like Mustard in SwSh

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Definitely, I mean he even has 6 pokeballs in his official artwork.

He’s either the villain, or the final challenge one has to overcome after defeating all gym leaders or he’s some sort of super boss like Mustard in SwSh
Maybe we fight him once we finish all 3 main challenges?

vondecayle

Mela, and a few others are so… distasteful to look at, but I guess they know their target demographic well, since most people seem to be praising the new characters.

The protagonists are okay and Arven’s hairstyle reminds me of the 80’s so I kind of like him.

LordSerperior

Mela, and a few others are so… distasteful to look at, but I guess they know their target demographic well, since most people seem to be praising the new characters.

The protagonists are okay and Arven’s hairstyle reminds me of the 80’s so I kind of like him.
Would love to hear you elaborate more on this. What exactly is so "distasteful" about Mela's design and what category are you lumping everyone who likes her design under?

Ultra Beast Lover

I mean, some of the designs are certainly odd but I'm not sure if I'd use the term distasteful. Unless of course you mean displeasing to the eye which, like I said, is fair because some of the models are a little odd looking. I've personally gotten used to them but yeah.

LordSerperior

I mean, some of the designs are certainly odd but I'm not sure if I'd use the term distasteful. Unless of course you mean displeasing to the eye which, like I said, is fair because some of the models are a little odd looking. I've personally gotten used to them but yeah.
From the reactions and not wanting to elaborate further, I think the comment was more so about the design itself and not the 3D models and given the words used and how it's phrased, it was probably intended to be a moral judgement of people who like the new characters.

vondecayle

The ignore button has never been more useful.