• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Characters/Plot - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I was thinking what Paldean Pokemon would work best for Penny and it striked me that Gholdengo makes a lot of sense.
1. The name Penny clearly gives money conotations. So does Gholdengo.
2. Penny stole a lot of LP from the League which is a type of Pokemon Virtual currency. A Pokemon connected to standard pay method like coins would work nice here.
3. Penny seems quite ackward, so does Gholdengo.
4. If Penny indeed is connected to Rose or Peony a part Steel-Type makes a ton of sense.
5. Penny acts a bit as someone behind, in the shadows, so the Ghost-type would also work.
6. It would work well with her Team coverage-wise.
7. A rare Pokemon like this would work well for her.

What do you think?

PS. while doing this I realized how much Ghodlengo would work for Honey:-D

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Am I the only person seeing the fact that the 8 Gym Leader's Aces are not from the 8 Main Regions/Generations as a missed opportunity?

We were quite close Actually:
Katie - Teddiursa - Gen 2
Brassius - Sudowoodu - Gen 2
Iono - Mismagius - Gen 4
Kofu - Crabominable - Gen 7
Larry - Staraptor - Gen 4
Ryme - Toxtrocity - Gen 8
Tulip - Florges - Gen 6
Grusha - Altaria - Gen 3

So we have double for Gens 2&4 and we are missing Gens 1&5.

They Could've easily given Larry a Volcarona or Braviary (which he already Has in his rematch) and something like Jigglypuff, Drowse, Ditto, Eevee or Meowth to Katy and have the full cycle:)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I was thinking what Paldean Pokemon would work best for Penny and it striked me that Gholdengo makes a lot of sense.
1. The name Penny clearly gives money conotations. So does Gholdengo.
2. Penny stole a lot of LP from the League which is a type of Pokemon Virtual currency. A Pokemon connected to standard pay method like coins would work nice here.
3. Penny seems quite ackward, so does Gholdengo.
4. If Penny indeed is connected to Rose or Peony a part Steel-Type makes a ton of sense.
5. Penny acts a bit as someone behind, in the shadows, so the Ghost-type would also work.
6. It would work well with her Team coverage-wise.
7. A rare Pokemon like this would work well for her.

What do you think?

PS. while doing this I realized how much Ghodlengo would work for Honey:-D
Honestly, I can also see Gholdengo being a good fit for Nemona partly because it showed how she traveled throughout Paldea when she took on the gym challenge, and partly because it’s really popular & sociable just like her.

Though at the same time, Gholdengo’s
popularity & “cool guy” personality would be a good fit for Penny since it contrasts with her shyness & awkwardness

Last edited: