• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New cities in movies.

Sapphire Milotic

Have you ever noticed that in the first and second generations, that when they produced a movie, they always seemed to make a whole new city that is not in the game? I think it is sort of interesting, but it annoys me too since they make the city very large and cool looking, so it makes you wish that it was in the game too. I don't really understand why they make a bunch of cities between other cities, it just eggs me on. xD

firelovindocker

take it just back to the rise of darkrai
alamos town: there was a contest hall a cool tower a garden with pokemon and random awesome buildings. it just annoys me that they make the best cities for the movies

HoennMaster

First and second generation? They have done that for ALL generations.

PDL

disenchanted
They invent new settings for movies so that the movies don't actually become a part of the anime's plotline. That way, it can be enjoyed without watching the anime and the movie can be "not seen" without impacting the anime's story.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
They have non-game cities all the time in the show too.

It's porbably because the game simplifies the region, but obviously in a more "realistic setting" (i.e. not limited by the size a game can hold) there would be more cities.

Genome

pro-SHARK WEEK
LaRousse city instantly the best one. Exploring that city and adding a few chases and battles would have made the movie imo.

There has to be scores of cities out there in the regions that we don't know of. A few linear routes aren't enough to cover an entire region. Fake towns have usually made good fillers in the past, but I think the anime should extend it to establishing an identity for those towns (a food, a building, a pokemon). Which is why I only envy those from a movie.

Shiny pokemon lower

I guess they just wanted to use something new for the pokemon mowies? It probably isn't the required place at the games.

It also find this annoying. They should also take the Orange Legaue into an game.

Rex Kamex

Have you ever noticed that in the first and second generations, that when they produced a movie, they always seemed to make a whole new city that is not in the game? I think it is sort of interesting, but it annoys me too since they make the city very large and cool looking, so it makes you wish that it was in the game too. I don't really understand why they make a bunch of cities between other cities, it just eggs me on. xD

I do wish they had more cool looking cities in the games... but the different types of cities in the movies make the movies more special. As for cities between cities, what's wrong with that? It makes the region bigger. (I wish some of the cities in the show looked a bit cooler, and not have all of them too generic looking.)

VoltTacklingPika

In the games, the cities only need four or five important buildings; A Pokemon Centre, A Pokemon Mart, a gym, a Contest Hall and perhaps a building with important relavance to the plot (i.e. Silph Co, Galactic Hideout, etc...)

All the houses are just there to make things more city-like. What's the point of having some overly large city in a game with fifty odd houses?

In the anime, the regions are so much more bigger than the ones in the games. The anime is meant to represent real life and, if you were to compare a region to a country, would have more than just ten or eleven towns/cities. Really, there would be hundreds of towns. Great Britain is a small island but still has so many cities and towns. Imagine how many Sinnoh or Hoenn would have.

Everything about the movies are special; the people, the Pokemon, the scenario and the location. Also, what would sound more important, Dialga and Palkia fighting in Cherrygrove City (for example) or Alamos?

Squaaah

Sunyshore city in Sinnoh seemed to be more exciting then previous city's with the double layer thing, and Sootopilis was more like a movie city, so I think they are trying to bring in more exciting idea's with the citys in the games, but ultimatly, the movie writers need new settings for the films, and decide to go all out on being creative as they have an hour and a half in which to set up and explore the city, whereas the anime might keep the city's more generic as they only have twenty minutes to set it up, so they save that time for the new characters and pokemon.

Rex Kamex

Sunyshore city in Sinnoh seemed to be more exciting then previous city's with the double layer thing, and Sootopilis was more like a movie city, so I think they are trying to bring in more exciting idea's with the citys in the games, but ultimatly, the movie writers need new settings for the films, and decide to go all out on being creative as they have an hour and a half in which to set up and explore the city, whereas the anime might keep the city's more generic as they only have twenty minutes to set it up, so they save that time for the new characters and pokemon.

Ash and co. could stay at an interesting-looking city longer in the show, in maybe a two or three-parter.

VoltTacklingPika

They could, but the point of the show is to showcase the Pokemon, not the towns. The towns have little effect on the plot line and quite frankly, you could have gym's dotted around randomly and you would have the same show.

Rex Kamex

They could, but the point of the show is to showcase the Pokemon, not the towns.

True, but they could still make some of the towns more interesting without having to make them as special as LaRousse City or Alto Mare.

Also regarding showcasing the Pokemon, you could mention that if someone complains about all of the main humans in the show being stale. Just because the stars of the show are Pokemon doesn't mean the humans shouldn't get much spotlight. (Well, there's Ash...) Same thing for some of the towns.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
I so wish they put them in the games
Alamos town would be so awesome the garden could be like another amity park where you can use all your pokemon.
And have contests and that cool tower.
Man But I bet in the 12th movie they will make another for baced on some greece city like Grestonum City lol

HoennMaster

WTF? Did you just pull out some random name? Also, you really need to learn to type better. Not trying to be mean, but a lot of the time it sounds like incoherent babbling.

cocoa_adele

i wish the awesome towns would be in the games too, not just the movies :'(

Brando95

Dazzle 'em, Milotic!
I think that adding all of the towns would be a little too much work. Towns like Sootopolis and Sunyshore are good enough for me. The more games that come out, the more the company can add to the cities (or anything really).