• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New combo discovered?

Soperman

The One and Only
No offense or anything, but there was a very very VERY similar thread before this.
Anyway, this tactic is interesting, but is too glitchy and unpredictable. I wouldnt use it, but its still cool

Its a very gimmicky combo, and can be easily stopped, and CONTAINS THE MOST BS THING EVER. Not to mention that no one other than pokemaster366 plays doubles anyway, playing doubles is shitter than playing HO. Seriously, when your playing something gayer than HO, you have a problem. Pokemaster, you can get BJs from Whimmsicott from Marriland, Serebii at least has a few decent players (like 1uc4rio80f4s! aka my cousin!

I thought I told you not to swear on Serebii, whatever I'm sigging this cause its just too funny!

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Even though Rampardos is powerful, if he uses Rock Slide or EQ, it will take 2 to 3 turns to take out a pokemon w/ no weakness to the moves, and there's still a chance that a bulky pokemon who's weak against the move will survive.

Well, there are ways to give the attacking pokemon some attack boosts. I have a nice strategy involving Trick Room, Sky Drop, Baton Pass, and Bulk Up/Swords Dance, but it requires another team of 3 to fully execute. I'll find time to post all 6 of the pokemon in a 6 - member gimmick RMT later.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Why are people so obbesed with gimmicks, they only work like once!!!!

Because when they work, and you get beaten by a team with a Pelipper, an Accelgor, and a Rufflet, I get to go, "BWAHAHAHAHA!"

(Sigh) if this combo wasn't illegal, it'd probably be used a lot. Spinda with Contrary+Skill Swap+Swagger.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
The one main advantage this has over Tailwind is you can stick it on an Eviolite Cottonee...

PokeMaster366

No offense or anything, but there was a very very VERY similar thread before this.
Anyway, this tactic is interesting, but is too glitchy and unpredictable. I wouldnt use it, but its still cool

You must be referring to the one I made a few days ago. I tried to make this thread before, but I bombed and failed for lack of a solid example. This one offers a much, much, much, much, MUCH better explanation of what happens.

The tactic itself is easier to pull off when you use a move like Eruption or Surf b/c you don't have to worry about targeting, but when you use a single-target move, the laws of moves such as Outrage, Thrash, and Petal Dance apply. In other words, it picks one of the opponent's pokemon at random. It's random and crazy, I'll give you that, but it just might be crazy enough to take out your opponent. It helped me in a few battles in the past. That much, I can tell you.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Interesting find. Too bad it's only restricted to moves that hit the foe's side. Then again, who wouldn't like priority Earthquake?
The Pokémon being hit by it.

PokeMaster366

The one main advantage this has over Tailwind is you can stick it on an Eviolite Cottonee...

And like I said before, it also has the advantage of priority, which is sometimes more valuable than speed itself, and it's somewhat hard to predict when it will be used if you're going with an all-out offensive; and like I said before, it can be used if Tailwind won't get the job done or your attacker is Paralyzed or slow in general.