• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New compeitive team

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
ok a bit of a flop with the Johto team yesterday so have come up with a better team

Blastoise - Utility
Item - Leftovers
Nature - Bold
EV's - 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpA
Surf
Rapid Spin
Toxic
Ice Beam

Arcanine - Special Choice
Ability - Intimidate
Item - Choice Specs
Nature - Modest
EV's - 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
HP Grass/Extremespeed
Overheat/Extremespeed

Nidoking - Physical attack
Ability - Poison point
Item - Choice Band
Nature - Adamant
EV's - 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Megahorn
Sucker Punch

Honchkrow - Physical attacker
Ability - Insomnia
Item - Choice Band
Nature - Adamant
EV's - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Sucker Punch
Drill Peck
Superpower
Night Slash

Cradily - Special Wall
Item - leftovers
Nature - Careful
EV's - 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Rockslide
Recover
Toxic
Stealth Rock

Gengar -Standard
Item - Life Orb
Nature -Timid
EV's - 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
HP Fire/Explosion

thats it - let me know what you think and suggestions greatly welcome

ok a bit of a flop with the Johto team yesterday so have come up with a better team

Blastoise - Utility
Item - Leftovers
Nature - Bold
EV's - 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpA
Surf
Rapid Spin
Yawn
Ice Beam

Arcanine - Special Choice
Ability - Intimidate
Item - Choice Specs
Nature - Modest
EV's - 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
HP Grass
Overheat/Extremespeed

Nidoking - Physical attack
Ability - Poison point
Item - Choice Band
Nature - Adamant
EV's - 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Megahorn
Sucker Punch

Honchkrow - Physical attacker
Ability - Insomnia
Item - Choice Band
Nature - Adamant
EV's - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Sucker Punch
Drill Peck
Superpower
Night Slash

Cradily - Special Wall
Item - leftovers
Nature - Careful
EV's - 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Rockslide
Recover
Toxic
Stealth Rock

Gengar -Standard
Item - Life Orb
Nature -Timid
EV's - 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
HP Fire/Explosion

thats it - let me know what you think and suggestions greatly welcome

Almost nothing with the Team is wrong, but you have WAY too many Choice Users. A rule of thumb; never use more than 2 Choice Users, and only if you also have at least one Mixed Sweeper along with them. Really, there isn't much too rate, though; try something a little non-standard every once in awhile. Everyone needs too, otherwise they won't get better. Believe it or not people, even I do.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
yep i believe that this is the start of my competitive battle style so i deffinatly need improvments - what do you think i should change them with? to fit in with the rest of the team?

Any of these sets can work; I would definitly suggest changing Nidoking, but the other's are your choice.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Naughty
252 Atk / 168 SpAtk / 88 Spe
~ Earthquake
~ Megahorn
~ Ice Beam
~ Fire Blast / Thunderbolt

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Naive
228 Atk / 92 SpAtk / 188 Spe
~ Flare Blitz
~ Overheat
~ ExtremeSpeed / Dragon Pulse
~ HP Electric / HP Ground

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Naive
248 Atk / 48 SpAtk / 212 Spe
~ Night Slash
~ Drill Peck
~ Superpower
~ Heat Wave

Weezing

The Poison Trainer
Well for Blastoise- get rid of rapid spin!
I also recomend teaching gengar a destiny bond? It would come in handy.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
umm rapid spin is to get rid of spikes, toxic spikes and stealth rock it is part of the standard blastoise set - so no

and destiny bond just no

if you look at Chaotic Tyrants sets above that is how you do a competitive battle moveset >_> not just throw random moves in and hope for the best

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
kk kool - i will do - do you have any suggestions about any pokemon that need changing or do you think those pokemon are fine?

Hm... Quite a bit of a CB Ttar problem, actually, if it decides to run Earthquake / Stone Edge / Fire Punch / Crunch. If you use prediction too work around it though, you should be fine.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
well i may end up changing something anyway but if you have any suggestions i'll gladly take them into consideration (i won't change Arcanine or Nidoking though lol just the set you indicated)

CBTar isn't very common anyway, if your facing one it will probably be a Tyraniboah or DDTar. There isn't much you can change without some kind of new problem being posed.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
New pokemon instead of gengar

Lunatone
Item - Leftovers
Nature - Modest
EV's - 252 HP / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Earth Power
Calm Mind
HP Rock
Psychic/Signal beam/Ice beam

Alright, now with Lunatone, I'm seeing quite the bad Water / Ice offensive problem, two types not exactly rarely seen together, and very common seperatly.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
ah ok i'll stick with Gengar for now - but may change it for dusknoir as i feel that the team is a bit to offensive so need something a bit more on the defensive side than Cradily :p

I don't find it 'too' Offensive, depending on your playstyle. Hell, I've been using the same Competitive Team for months and it doesn't have a single Wall (and yes, it has been winning matches; quite a few, actually). I used to try too over complicate everything in my Team, packing 3 Walls, always making sure they cover each other's weaknesses perfectly, and then leaving my Sweepers as two Choice users, one that can Trick and the other that can Revenge Kill, and then a Mixed Sweeper. And doing this all while making sure I had at least 2 Resists for every type in the game. While doing these things made my Teams good, it didn't match my simpler playstyle, where the point is too work off the opponent's mistakes in prediction.

So basically, having only 1 Wall is fine. It just depends on how well your Pokemon can flow, and how you play.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
ah kk CT - i may end up changing at some point as 2 are EQ weak so need to cancel that out - 2 are thunder weak but Nidoking is there to cover that.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
yeah don't mind me lol my heads not working properly :p

btw is there an easy way to tell what type HP is?