1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

New contest

Discussion in 'The Authors' Café' started by legandlover989, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legandlover989

legandlover989 Its now or never

Hi *waves* Im hosting a fan fic contest

The rules are:

1.The hero must be a girl.

2.The Heroine must not die.

3.Trainers the heroine meets can be from the anime and games

4. She haves to befriend some legendary pokemon (more than one)

Thats all.

2. pokedexfiller

pokedexfiller Unova Trainer

ummm... just wondering what is the contest part to this. really your just asking people to write a story, or at least thats what i see.

3. Rixec

Rixec Shadow Trainer

Is it a one-shot contest or something else? And do we post the entries or P.M. them to you? And does the trainer have to meet more than one legendary, or can it just be one?

4. Starlight Aurate

Starlight Aurate Just a fallen star

Did you get a mod's permission? Because it really doesn't seem like you did. And it'd be hard to have a person befriend a legendary Pokemon without it being a Mary-Sue. If you're going to host a contest, shouldn't you make it more specific too?

5. Diddy

Diddy Renegade

lol.

Is this a Mary-sue contest? Maybe one of the other requirements is that she overcome all obstacles with relative ease. Except those which require a moral lesson to be learnt, those get sorted at the end!

All you're doing is "Write me a story because I'm too lazy to do that!"

You've not thought this through have you?

Do you know what hosting a fan-fic contest entails? What makes you the best person for the job? Do you have any reference reviews we can see so we know your skills?

Or did you get bored, decide not to read the fics we have on offer and just think, "I know, I'll get people to write what I want to read. No effort at all on my part!"

Come back when you've read the rules.

6. Rixec

Rixec Shadow Trainer

I'm sure legendlover989 has read fan fics, but she's new. And you don't have to sound so mean Diddy, you may scare her off. If you can't say things to people nicely maybe you shouldn't say anything at all.

7. Psychic

Psychic Really and truly

Guys, the Report button exists for a reason. And there is no need to be such a hard-ass, Diddy - the condescending tone is not necessary and we would like to see it stop.

legandlover989, if you wish to host a fan fiction contest here, there will be certain requirements, some of which you will notice if you have a look at previous contests and see how they were run. Aside from needing permission from a moderator, you yourself need to show a certain level of knowledge and skill in writing that shows that you would make a fair judge, as well as choosing a couple of other people to judge with you. Restrictions and guidelines should be more specific, and your contest should have a theme rather than "female hero meets people and befriends legendary Pokémon," which would be considered incredibly amateur for a fic here.

Spend some time here on SPPf; read fics, write your own, get feedback and get a feel for this forum and how it works. Don't try to take on any major projects until you've had some experience and know what is expected.

Good luck, and we hope to see you around.

~Psychic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.