• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Diamond & Pearl: Great Encounters (featuring Darkrai!)

kst80

Witness Legendary Battles... Experience Great Encounters

Palkia. Dialga. A mysterious legend emerging from the darkness to challenge all comers.Who will stand victorious? In the Pokémon TCG: Diamond & Pearl - Great Encounters expansion, these incredible Pokémon come together to battle one another in an epic confrontation that will be a triumph for Trainers everywhere! With more brand-new Pokémon, more Pokémon LV.X, and a titanic clash of some of the most powerful Pokémon ever, Great Encounters is your chance to encounter greatness!

More new Diamond & Pearl Pokémon!
More powerful new Pokémon LV.X
Includes two brand-new Legendary Pokémon, Cresselia and a mysterious, powerful Pokémon...
Features three theme decks built around new Diamond & Pearl Pokémon!
Exciting holographic parallel set for players and collectors alike
Over 100 cards in all!

In Stores February 2008!

Thats what it says, Im going to buy the Darkrai-deck. The three decks are: Eternal Time, Infinite Space, and Endless Night, they will proboaly feature Dialga, Palkia and Darkrai, based on the 10:th Movie. When I told my brother what Pokémons there would be, well, just see this:
Me: What deck does you want?
Brother: What decks is it?
Me: Eternal Time, with Dialga, Infinite Space, with Palkia...
Brother: The deck with Palkia!
Me: Ok! Then I will buy the deck with Darkrai!
Brother (Too ugly words to be written here)

What Pokémons do you think there would be?

Cipher 2008

We know which Pokémon are going to be included because of what was in the Japanese Moon Hunting/Night Dashing set. Awfully big set, should be some very interesting prereleases.

kst80

I think there are going to be 6 LvX this time, Dialga, Darkrai, Palkia, Leafeon, Glaceon and Cresselia. I hope that there is some Pokémons that can make the opponent asleep because Darkrais attacks get stronger when the defending Pokémon is asleep.

I'm already collecting money to buy a booster box since there are interesting and a large amount of rares in it. And there will surely be Dialga, Palkia and Darkrai LvX.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Well, since this was anounsed a few days ago...
Coming This Spring!

What could make this specially designed Pokémon Trading Card Game Collector’s Tin even better for players and collectors alike? How about 1 of 3 exciting legendary Diamond & Pearl Series cards that will add real power to any Pokémon TCG collection! Collect them, trade them, train them...but don’t miss them!

4 Pokémon TCG booster packs
1 of 3 foil Diamond & Pearl Series promo cards— Dialga, Palkia, or a new legendary Pokémon!
A great window design for displaying your favorite card!
In Stores Spring 2008!

This makes me wonder if there will be Lv.Xs of Dialga, Palkia and Darkrai in DP4 in English.
The English DP4 info didn't say those would be the Lv.Xs did it? They just said that they would be in the set.
I'm guessing that Cresselia, Leafeon and Glaceon with be the Lv.Xs in DP4 while there will be regular versions of Dialga, Palkia and Darkrai.
If that is true, then the tins will be the only way to get these in English.
Thats just my guess on it.

kst80

That does not make any difference to me, Im going to have both darkrai and Darkrai LvX in my deck, a Weville (SW) and Honchkrow would also be very good!

Cipher 2008

Well, since this was anounsed a few days ago...

This makes me wonder if there will be Lv.Xs of Dialga, Palkia and Darkrai in DP4 in English.
The English DP4 info didn't say those would be the Lv.Xs did it? They just said that they would be in the set.
I'm guessing that Cresselia, Leafeon and Glaceon with be the Lv.Xs in DP4 while there will be regular versions of Dialga, Palkia and Darkrai.
If that is true, then the tins will be the only way to get these in English.
Thats just my guess on it.

Sounds to me like the Dialga/Palkia/Darkrai LV.X cards will be promo cards, with Leafeon, Glaceon and Cresselia in the set.

kst80

Maybe, I hope so, that will make it easier to get Darkrai and harder for my opponents to get Cresselia LvX!

Well, they've already released pictures of boosters and decks to the new set. It can be found at PokeBeach. I must say, the art looks very nice.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
They are...Spring 2008 tins. Check SkittyOnWailord's post not far up.

Unfortunatly there is no garantee that they will be the Lv.X versions.
Japan still has 3 Dialga, 3 Palkia and 4 Darkrai that haven't come out here yet. (I'm still missing one of the Darkrai)
My guess is that one of the Darkrai will be in the set while they'll have one of the other Darkrai and one of the Dialga and Palkia in the tins.
There is still a chance that it'll be the Lv.Xs though.

txdaan

Who reads this is...
i think i will be buying dialga AND darkrai, because i already have enough water pokemon like Mew*(delta) and no steel/dark energys

i live in europe(netherlands), and by the time they come out here, i'll have enough money for them (i think they come later in europe then in USA)

Last edited:

Rikku

you're so mean! :@:@
Yeah,same as txdaan,I will be buying only darkrai deck,I have so many dialga and palkia at DP1,And,I have less Dark basic energy (dark energy,the basic one),so,I was thinking about buying that deck.

Tins are always nice. Of course I'll be getting all of them as soon as I can..but it takes me quite a while to find them to being with.

As for the set itself, a booster box maybe for me. I was quite lacking in Secret Wonders card because I didn't feel like buying too much due to lack of Lv.Xs.

r0ck3rZ

PokeMania Owner
I'll wait until an Arceus Deck comes....