• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Diamond/Pearl survey

The Baron

do i dazzle you?
1. What is/will be your starter? Piplup

2.What is/are your favourite types?. Water

3. What is your ideal (in game) team using the types named above
Whatever pokemon i catch early usually stays in my team

4. What is you ideal (wi-fi) team (no legendaries)? Probally my party pokemon.

5. What kind of team do you like? my Pokemon are all random

Pachirisu

<- He want da cookie
1. Piplup or Turtwig. Such A hard choice.

2. Fire and Electric

3. Well I pick my pokemon at random so right now I just have Lucairo Pachirisu and Darkrai.

4. Still working on it lol.

5. I like using the pokemon in my party.

1-What is/will be your starter? Turtwig
2-What is/are your favorite types? Rock, Steel, Fire, Grass, water
3-What is your ideal (in game)team using the types named above? Dotaitos, Tyrannitar, Scizor, Typhlosion, Manaphy, Milotic
4-What is your ideal (wi-fi) team? Tyrannitar, Milotic, Szisor, Dotaitos, Enpurito, ???
5-What kind of team do you like? Sp.Attk

Sami

GTS obsessed!
What is/will be your starter?
Chimchar. I like Piplup more, as far as first-stage goes, but Chimchar's final evolution is better.

What is/are your favorite types?
Eh.. I tend to think more about the Pokemon themselves, than the types, so I don't know.

What is your ideal (in game)team using the types named above?
I didn't list any types above, but my team might be...
Leafia, Flygon, Floatsel, Togekiss, Rentora, and Eteboss.

Another possible team is...
Jolteon, Flygon, Houndoom, Floatsel, Muumajii, and Togekiss.
This team will be used if I decide not to replace my current powerhouse (Jolteon) with Leafia. :3

What is your ideal (wi-fi) team?
I don't plan on battling on Wi-Fi. :3

What kind of team do you like?
A FAST one! Many of my Pokemon get either max, to at least a few EV's in speed, and the ones that don't I make sure to make up for it in their defenses.

-Edited to answer the new questions-

New questions as of 2/22/07(Whoo!!! U.S. release in exactly two months!!!)
6-Which pokemon do you like the MOST out of all generations?

That's hard. I have too many favorites. :(

7-Which pokemon do you like the LEAST out of all generations?
Hm.. Maybe Togepi. I don't like Togepi's whole "I'm a sickeningly cute representation of the perfect infant!" which is funny, because I don't like Togetic either, but I fell in love with Togekiss the moment I saw it.

Last edited:
Chimchar... Mainly because Goukazuru is VERY useful ingame.

What is/are your favorite types?

Bug, Fighting, Water, Flying... and Ground.

Just those types? Uh... Heracross/Goukazuru/Mukkuhawk/Swampert/Driftblim/Roserade
I guess.

What is your ideal (wi-fi) team?
Swampert/Gablias/Skarmory/Milotic/Agnome/Heracross
^_^

One with balance. All out offence fails, and mindless stall needs power to mop up the remains. With the two bulky waters I'm carrying (Milotic and Swampert) I can absorb most assaults, and should I encounter a suprise Grass move, Skarmory can not only set up Spikes, but also back them up. Heracross is the all out Choice Band sweeper, being able to severely irritate most everything with In Fight, Megahorn, Stone Edge and Blade Test. Gablias and Agnome can exploit a suffering foe and set up for the sweep. Milotic can keep Gablias out of Ice-related trouble.

Spriteman

Sometimes a bit rude
1-What is/will be your starter? My starter was a Naetoru.
2-What is/are your favorite types? Grass, Steel, Psychic, Dark and Dragon.
3-What is your ideal (in game)team using the types named above? Hmm... Dotaitos, Steelix, Gardevoir, Houndoom, Flygon and maybe a Sceptile.
4-What is your ideal (wi-fi) team (no legendaries or wynaut family;you dont have to use the types you named from #4)? Hmm... It'd be a Sceptile, Zangoose, Scyther, Shuckle, Dotaitos and maybe an Engarde.
5-What kind of team do you like? A nice, balanced team. I tend to lean towards Sweepers though.

Slappy_Pancake

1-What is/will be your starter? Turtwig
2-What is/are your favorite types? Bug
3-What is your ideal (in game)team using the types named above?Pokémon that I find cool
4-What is your ideal (wi-fi) team (no legendaries or wynaut family;you dont have to use the types you named from #4)? Sub bar and NU
5-What kind of team do you like? Don't really care, but it usually ends up as more of a defensive team.

My answers in bold

Nintendo_6444

Tails the Bouyzel
1-What is/will be your starter? Pochama/Piplup
2-What is/are your favorite types? Dragon, Water, Fire, ice, steel, grass
3-What is your ideal (in game)team using the types named above? Gabaito, Enperuto, Charizard, Diaruga, Sceptile, Donkrow.
4-What is your ideal (wi-fi) team? I dunno... It will have at least Gabaito, Enperuto, Spectile and Charizard.
5-What kind of team do you like? Attack

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
I'm pre-ordering Diamond, to get it on April 22nd.

1-Turtwig, but I'm getting all three through a restart/trade with my brother.
2-Fire and Dragon, but I love Pokémon of any type if they appeal to my battle style.
3-I'm unsure, as of yet.
4-I'm unsure, as of yet.
5-Well rounded. I haven't EV trained in the past, but I plan to start. I want to use Pokémon I like, not necessarily those that work best.

Guraena

1. What is/will be your starter? Turtwig for Diamond, probably Piplup for Pearl.

2.What is/are your favourite types? Dark, Fire, Dragon, and Electric.

3. What is your ideal (in game) team using the types named above? Mightyena, Arcanine, Flygon, and either Jibacoil/Ampharos/Jolteon for the types listed above. The other two would be Breloom and Walrein.

4. What is you ideal (wi-fi) team (no legendaries)? Dotaitos/Cradily, Walrein, Arcanine, Jibacoil, Dorapion, and Yonowaaru. Basically what's currently in my sig. Might not be 'my ideal team' but I like it enough.

5. What kind of team do you like? A balanced team with Pokemon I actually like.

shiny manafi

Sea Prince
Chimchar(fire)
What is/are your favorite types? (I.e.-fire,steel,water,)?
Psychic
I don't base a team according to a certain type.(That's stupid) (No offence)
What is your ideal (wi-fi) team (no legendaries or wynaut family;you dont have to use the types you named from #4)?
Charizard, Metagross, Genger, Shedinja, Swampet, Salamance
Speed+ Sp. Attack

hiou2

High-ohw-you-too
1.piplup
2.water, electricity,steel,grass,ice
3.empelt,rosarade,dialga,glacia,leafia,palkia
4.empelt,goukozaru,dotaitose,typhlosion,swampert and venusuar
5.special attack

Gribman92

This is just a quick survey for P/D owners and future ones,tell your friends aobut this survey please....I want eveyone to take it.

1-What is/will be your starter?
2-What is/are your favorite types? (I.e.-fire,steel,water,)
3-What is your ideal (in game)team using the types named above?
4-What is your ideal (wi-fi) team (no legendaries or wynaut family;you dont have to use the types you named from #4)?
5-What kind of team do you like? (i.e-defense,attack,sp.defense,etc)

1. In diamond, Chimchar. In Pearl, undecided
2.fire, steel, fighting
3.It's on my TC in my sig. It looks good
4.Probably the ones from #3
5.Attack and Sp. Atk

ludicolo_kid

1-What is/will be your starter? Chimchar, purely for the reason that Goukazaru is cool and is the only one I'm likely to ever use competitively.
2-What is/are your favorite types? Rock, Ice, Fire, Electric. Meh, most of them are cool.
3-What is your ideal (in game)team using the types named above? Lol what? Ingame i just catch whatever i feel like and some stuff that'll come in handy for proper battles later on.
4-What is your ideal (Wi-fi) team (no legendaries or wynaut family;you don't have to use the types you named from #4)? Well, i'm currently still deciding. It probably will have a legendary, just not an Uber. I'm thinking right now something evil like Swampert/Tyranitar/Skarmory/Salamence/Yukishii/Blissey.
5-What kind of team do you like? (i.e-defense,attack,sp.defense,etc) Hmm. I generally wear the opponent down patiently via Sandstorm/Status/Spikes/Stealth Rock damage etc, while easily walling all their attacks. When i get a chance, normally mid game, i'll send out a hard hitter and basically try and batter as much of their team as possible. Then i'll stall some more, probably really annoying them in the process, and send out a Sweeper to clear up the horrible mess there is left of the opposing team.

If, however, the opponent isn't that good, i'll just save time and sweep them from the offset.

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer
1-What is/will be your starter? Piplup
2-What is/are your favorite types? (I.e.-fire,steel,water,) Psychic, Dark, Ghost, Dragon and Ice
3-What is your ideal (in game)team using the types named above? Not sure but it consists of Espeon for sure
4-What is your ideal (wi-fi) team (no legendaries or wynaut family;you dont have to use the types you named from #4)? Umm not thought of
5-What kind of team do you like? (i.e-defense,attack,sp.defense,etc) Mine usually come out Ofensive, mostly Sp.Attack too, and with my planned Future DP team, looks like it will again.

1-Pochama
2-water, electric, grass, psychic, dragon
3-Not telling >:)
4-You can't tell me not to use legends >:O
Latias, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Meganium, Lucario, Mukkuhawk
5-I'm all about offense, a bit of supportive and walls to back up the offense, though.

Piplup~Luver

Squirtle
1-What is/will be your starter? Piplup

2-What is/are your favorite types? (I.e.-fire,steel,water,) Water

Whatever Pokemon I catch early in the game always stay in my team.

4-What is your ideal (wi-fi) team (no legendaries or wynaut family;you dont have to use the types you named from #4)? Again I don't know, most likely my Party Pokemon.

5-What kind of team do you like? (i.e-defense,attack,sp.defense,etc) I don't bother with all that, my Pokemon are all random.

yeah,I was never into the whole stat. training thing either.Back in teh old days I went by what looked cool and what had cool and powerful attacks........but last week,when I first spotted serebii.net, I read the game mechanics page and decided that in this generation I'd actually pay attention and focus on my Pokemon's stats just to see if it'll work

Edgar The Fanciful

Lawlz, Your Mom.
1-What is/will be your starter? Piplup.

2-What is/are your favorite types? Ghost, Normal, Fire.

Pretty much anything I like since it really won't matter in game. Probably something along the lines of Roserade, Beequeen, Crobat, Medicham, Bunyat, and Octillery. >___>

4-What is your ideal (wi-fi) team (no legendaries or wynaut family;you dont have to use the types you named from #4)? Still planning.

5-What kind of team do you like? (i.e-defense,attack,sp.defense,etc) I try to get all stats overall, but it usually comes out to be a fast and offensive team.

Veggie

1-What is/will be your starter?
2-What is/are your favorite types? (I.e.-fire,steel,water,)
4-What is your ideal (wi-fi) team (no legendaries or wynaut family;you dont have to use the types you named from #4)?
5-What kind of team do you like? (i.e-defense,attack,sp.defense,etc)

New questions as of 2/22/07(Whoo!!! U.S. release in exactly two months!!!)
6-Which pokemon do you like the MOST out of all generations?
7-Which pokemon do you like the LEAST out of all generations?

1. Hikozaru (not Chimchar!)
2. Fire (for starting purposes) and then psychic.
3. Goukazaru, Lucario, Rentoraa, Gardevoir, Dragonite, Milotic (last three imported form Emerald)
4. All magikarp.
5. Since I don't plan to go wi-fi, I will be using all sweepers (three special, three physical).
6. Probably Milotic and Dragonite. Gardevoir and Alakazam are tied for 3rd. See, I would have imported Alakazam from Emerald, but I think Gardevoir has finally beaten it in this generation.
7. Ditto. In my emerald, I have spent 50 HOURS LOOKING FOR A DARNED ADAMANET DITTO FOR BREEDING PURPOSES!111