• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New DP vid (the 3:12 one) info!

PeteDHeat

What is this all about?A new Video?

FEZ

well, you also saw the girl character change into a pink dress....

if may stays in the anime i cant wait to see that *shot*

yah thats interesting i dont see why they added that though it seems kinda pointless if you ask me.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
if may stays in the anime i cant wait to see that *shot*

yah thats interesting i dont see why they added that though it seems kinda pointless if you ask me.
Most likely because they changed the way the contests are played out. Now they are more elaborate and sophisticated in a way.

dabattousai

Hikozaru Trainer
Yay, glad we got the video now. That was an awesome video showed a bunch and I am sure that Pokeball was edited to save time, otherwise Pokemon capturing will be easy.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Heh...and to think we were at one time all wowed by the Female Trainer simply walking between the first few Routes, and now THIS?!

All I can say is we need a Sugimori of that bird...like now. Did you see the attack it was using; It looked huge. And Huzzah, yet another 4 lb bird can carry a tween Trainer around the World! I'm starting to really like this Mukkuru.

Everything looks amazing, the evolution sequence is breath-taking, really. The draw bridge, that scummy railway place, everything looks tip-top. Seeing as you obtain your starter by finding a random suitcase near the cliff of the ocean, I'm thinking that it'll take place [if you look at a map of Shinou] in that little clearing of the forest near the lake just beside Futaba.

But the entire Mukkuru scene was what really had me interested 0_0

FEZ

Yay, glad we got the video now. That was an awesome video showed a bunch and I am sure that Pokeball was edited to save time, otherwise Pokemon capturing will be easy.

yah it problely is edited but it would not make it any easier to catch the pokemon if it wasn't i mean they could still pop out just as often instead of waiting to till the last wigle and then it pops out it could just do it to save you some suspence.

FEZ

They could make the pokemon avoiding the pokeball, in the case that the video isn't edited

0now thats smart or blocking the pokeball as well like what really happens in the show although in the show it shakes as well hmm...

Odori

Thesaurus'd
0now thats smart or blocking the pokeball as well like what really happens in the show although in the show it shakes as well hmm...

I distinctly remember when I played pokemon blue, I had a hell of a time trying to catch Articuno because the ultraballs kept "missing". Infact, the balls only made contanct with it at all when the thing was frozen/paralyzed/ect.

But I always wondered why they took that out; besides the fact that it was very frustrating for me as an 8 year old to catch a pixelized bird. Infact, when I first played Silver I had been wondering why it was so easy to catch Lugia, as compared to the R/B/Y legends. Lawl.

Though I couldn't really see the feature being used by something as insignifigant as this new "pidgey" pokemon- I am almost 100% certain that the details of its capture were cut to save time.

Anyway, excellent video. I am adoring the little slum town; I've been wanting to see one in the series for a long time. Junkyard/Mining places always seem to have beautiful scenery to me, even though they are often considered "ugly" to most people.

Draw Bridge = yay, varily.
Starter opening scene looks intresting, so many theories come to mind. Oh well, it doesn't matter; I just hope that the new rival is more mischevious/spirited then Wally was.

Does anyone else think that the meadow area with the flowers is /gorgeous/? I mean, really. I love flowers. <3

And god yes, SNOW. Jeeze. This game is ressurecting all my hopes and dreams that I had for R/S/E that were shot down. Well done.

Also- ha, voice chat! Excellent. What's not so excellent is that people will be immature about this feature, I'm sure.

Last edited:

meta-master

The name says it all
the attack effects are friggin awsome! and WOOt voice chat!

B.Dragon

From what I could see from that part of the video it seems like nothing was cut. Can an expert on video editing analyse the pokeball scene?

Odori

Thesaurus'd
From what I could see from that part of the video it seems like nothing was cut. Can an expert on video editing analyse the pokeball scene?

I am almost certain that someone who is in charge of making a commercial for a wildly hyped game such as this would know how to cut a 3 second scene from a video without making it look obvious. It wouldn't be hard to do; nothing changes between the "throw a pokeball" scene, the "rocking" sequence, and finally the "capture", as far as your pokemon's window/the enemey pokemon's window is concerned. Infact, anyone who basically knows how to edit a video could do it.

But yeah, I guess a little further analysis wouldn't hurt.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Or they could have just programmed that particular cartrige to just catch the pokemon since they were just using it for show.