• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Dragon Ball anime film in the works - God commits suicide

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
The source, in moonrunes.
Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!! is an upcoming Dragon Ball animated film that will premier at the "Jump Super Anime Tour" in November 2008. It is the first animated Dragon Ball feature in twelve years.
This special introduces four new characters: Abo (??, Abo?) and Kado (??, Kado?), red and blue aliens wearing battle fatigues, one relatively small, yellow alien, a young Saiyan child named Tarble (????, T?buru?), the brother of Vegeta who had previously been sent away from Planet Vegeta, and a large, purple alien named Aka (??, Aka?).
Getting an ORIGINAL CHARACTER(DO NOT STEEL) vibe from this Tarble fellow.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Why do they insist on dragging this up again and again? Even Toriyama wants to forget it, shouldn't they take that as a sign?

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Why do they insist on dragging this up again and again? Even Toriyama wants to forget it, shouldn't they take that as a sign?

From what I've heard, Toriyama wrote the concept for the film.

Rave

Banned
And the crap just never ends.

Though... seeing Dragon Ball in computer animation for a change does sound slightly enticing...

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Well...It can't be worse than the live action movie.

Rave

Banned

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Well...It can't be worse than the live action movie.

It might not be much better, either.

Even if Toriyama wrote the film's concept, Dragon Ball isn't a franchise that you let people forget. However, newer fans will think that this is all DB has to offer, which is sad, really.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I'm sure new fans who see this will probably search out the original manga and anime if they find it interesting.

I mean, it's not like it's a cult series or anything like that.

BCVM22

I'm just saying that if the movie turns out to be a failure, potential fans will never really experience the franchise, just the failing movies of it.

This would be accurate only if there's something physically preventing new fans from finding collected volumes of the manga and anime. I would think that any fan who is just now being exposed to the franchise for the first time would want to experience enough material to render an informed opinion on the franchise. One hour-long film (give or take 10 minutes), good or bad, is not at all "enough material" in that context.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Not to mention this is a special being shown at the Jump Super Anime Tour in Japan.

Now, call me crazy, but I think this "Dragon Ball" might be well known.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
What has Archimedes got against Dragon Ball?
Anyway, read the summary. Boring....