• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Dragon Quest to be announced Monday.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Just saw today over at MyNintendoNews that Square Enix is planning on announcing a new Dragon Quest game on Monday. It seems that it will be announced worldwide instead of just a region specific announcement that day. Sounds like it might be possible that they'll be announcing Dragon Quest X from what I have seen. That will probably be a relieve for the North American audience after the run-around type thing that happened with Xenoblade. Guess will see what it turns out to be when Monday comes around.

natie

Mr. F
Then Nintendo would announce that in their 3DS conference (which is in about 2 weeks, I think?).

Vipsoccermaster

Then Nintendo would announce that in their 3DS conference (which is in about 2 weeks, I think?).

More like 1.5 weeks. That conference is on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Japan time.

But I don't play Dragon Quest, don't have an interest in it, but it's nice to see they're announcing it.

Another Dragon Quest? o___o Good news for my brother. He loves them.

Chris

Old Coot
I'm hoping it will be for the 3DS.
Not likely. Dragon Quest only appears on top selling platforms. 3DS is not that.

I will say, I certainly hope it's not a platform shift for Dragon Quest X or overall shift of the series back to the PlayStation brand. Namely because Square-Enix stopped releasing the games in the west after the DS remake of V, as if they've given up on it.

Still waiting on an announcement for Dragon Quest Anniversary in the west.

pampam88

Pokenerd/Animenerd=D
Im kinda p.o.'d about it because its so convient having it on the d.s. I dont have enough time to invest in another wii rpg...

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
X on the Wii, and the already confirmed Rocket Slime 3 on 3DS. Just do it. For the love of God just do Nintendo's job and give us something to look forward to that's not Zelda or Kirby, Square.

And Nintendo, localize it. Seriously. If you can't do this I think my faith in your potential for sound decision making will be damaged dizzyingly. Not that you actually value my money, someone else will give you theirs, but as far as my wallet goes it won't be pretty. Star Fox and Smash Brothers are really the only things from you I'm buying new at this point as it is.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
X on the Wii, and the already confirmed Rocket Slime 3 on 3DS. Just do it. For the love of God just do Nintendo's job and give us something to look forward to that's not Zelda or Kirby, Square.

And Nintendo, localize it. Seriously. If you can't do this I think my faith in your potential for sound decision making will be damaged dizzyingly. Not that you actually value my money, someone else will give you theirs, but as far as my wallet goes it won't be pretty. Star Fox and Smash Brothers are really the only things from you I'm buying new at this point as it is.

There are many things that NoA doesn't bring over to the states. A mainline Dragon Quest game is certainly not one of them.

Nebbio

NINJA!
I doubt it will be X at this conference. It has already been announced. I love the DQ series even though I only have IX (I am getting DQJ20). They should hurry up and release X.

natie

Mr. F
Last edited:

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Not likely. Dragon Quest only appears on top selling platforms. 3DS is not that.

I will say, I certainly hope it's not a platform shift for Dragon Quest X or overall shift of the series back to the PlayStation brand. Namely because Square-Enix stopped releasing the games in the west after the DS remake of V, as if they've given up on it.

Still waiting on an announcement for Dragon Quest Anniversary in the west.

They remade VI and that was the last one. Im personally waiting for a VII remake... I heard its pretty good.

I have liked I, VI, V, VIII and IX... never had a chance to play the others besides VI- which was meh. It didnt hook me like the others did for some reason?

Nebbio

NINJA!
It's only been about a year since IX came out. You have to give them to actually develop a quality game.

http://www.1up.com/news/dragon-quest-announced-wii

Look at the date of the announcement. I don't think that Nintendo should have announced it so early on. But in saying that IX was announced in 2006.

I am beginning to notice a reacurring theme. that and the fact I am very impatient when it comes to waiting for games to come out.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
http://www.1up.com/news/dragon-quest-announced-wii

Look at the date of the announcement. I don't think that Nintendo should have announced it so early on. But in saying that IX was announced in 2006.

I am beginning to notice a reacurring theme. that and the fact I am very impatient when it comes to waiting for games to come out.

You're probably right. They've had plenty of time to develop it. To be fair, just because they announce it doesn't mean they started it immediately, look at SSB for the 3DS for instance.

Chris

Old Coot
They remade VI and that was the last one.
They remade it, but they didn't release it here; it was Nintendo who published it in the west. SE stopped publishing the DQ games in North America after DQV on the DS.