• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New DS Lite Black/Pink Defects?

dabattousai

Hikozaru Trainer
Alright today, the new Nintendo DS Lite Colors black and pink came out. I went and bought one and when I got home and got it all charged up and popped in New Super Mario Brothers, I was greeted by a huge dead pixel in the middle of the screen.

I quickly went back to EB Games to exchange for a new one and when I got home and charged it up, I tried playing it and sure enough, to the left of the screen is a dead pixel.

Now my question is if anyone got one of the new colored DS Lites and have any problems with theirs because I plan to once again exchange for a new DS Lite, but if people have been getting defects or anything, I might just get my money back and wait for them to release the second ship of them.

Zabi

Not really here.
No, my Onyx one is fine, I think o_O When I was playing New Mario Bros. and Kirby Canvas Curse, I didn't see anything.

So, maybe return it, get another, and hope for the best

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
My Onyx black version has served me pretty well these past few weeks(UK resident). I've had no such problems.

You've just been extremely unlucky I'm afraid. :<

I just tried mine out and it works completely fine...you must be really unlucky. As the others said, exchange it and hope for the best.

Sparky 101

I love Torchic
WOW! I might change my mind about gitting a Lite.

^^No, no, don't just think that just because of one glitch. My DS Lite is working just fine, and it is VERY rare it's gonna happen. Anyway, I think they fixed the glitches and released newer Pink/Black Lites.

Kasaioni

You're Illegal
I'm thinking it might depend on where you got it, maybe EB games doesn't take care of they're products that good, cause two of my friends got a DS (regular) at the same time, but one of them got theirs at wal-mart, and the other at EB games, the guy that got it at EB games had cracked screen.

Well, when I got my Lite we went to the mall, I was gonna get it from EBGames but it turned out to be in Sears, so I bought it. The surprise was, when I opened it in Sears, the battery was fully charged!

Kasaioni

You're Illegal
Huh, thats cool, maybe they kindly pre-charged it?

Anyways I buy my games and systems at Wal-Mart, they have always been relyable to me and they're within walking distance of my house :D

And I buy my accssissories(sp?) from EBgames, because walking distance and wal-mart doesn't have that much in selection for accssesories , well they do, but EBgames has a better one.

HoagiethePokeBreeder

Poke’veteran
Well, hopefully the second shipping will come in by Saturday (tomorrow) because I'm getting a DS Lite tomorrow. That would really suck to get a Lite with dead pixels :( I usually get my game systems from either Target or Best Buy though so I should be fine.

Cruxis

Banned
Send it to Nintendo instead, they will get you a perfectly fine one, and it won't cost you as long as you still have the warrenty.