• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Dub Titles (Season 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
They're all pretty good, except for "Wheel...of Fortune!"

I mean...what? Yes, Greta does use a wheel in her Facility to see how many Pokemon they will each use, but to name the entire episode after it when it makes a 1 minute cameo? "Candid Camerupt" is coming back to me...

RomanMack

Johto Champion
Oh, hahahaha. Oh, my, now this is irony.

Seems like PUSA may be trying to be more like 4Kids than we thought, given these pun titles.

I'm gonna so laugh at all the 4Kids haters, if this PUSA dub does indeed turn out pretty much like the 4Kids dub. Though since it's not being dealt by 4Kids anymore... They proboally won't care. Even if they do changes exactly like the 4Kids one.

'Cause they're hypocrits like that. >_>

HoennMaster

So Battle Frontier airs on September 8 and then premiere September 9? What was the point of that.

PAK Man

They're all pretty good, except for "Wheel...of Fortune!"

I mean...what? Yes, Greta does use a wheel in her Facility to see how many Pokemon they will each use, but to name the entire episode after it when it makes a 1 minute cameo? "Candid Camerupt" is coming back to me...

What about "Having a Wailord of a Time" or "A Shroomish Skirmish?" At least Camerupt actually did something major in its episode.

I'm also glad the puns are back, those are always enjoyable.

I agree with that. People always complain about the puns, but some of them are very clever and I find most of them very entertaining. I like all the titles with the exception of "Wheel. . .of Fortune!" It's better than the title I picked for the episode ("Greta Clue," a play off of Get a Clue. Don't ask why I picked this one.) but it still doesn't make sense. My favorite is A Chip Off the Old Brock. I knew they were going to choose an egg-related pun for the Breeding Center episode (I guessed they would use "An Un-Egg-Spected Discovery"), and the one they chose isn't that bad.

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
Ok I think we can see Slaking Kong coming now. Either way...I hate the puns. At least it'll give us a memory of when the original VAs dubbed it...Oh well.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
"Fear Factor Phony": Eh, it's okay, but it could be better.
"Sweet Baby James": Nice one. Let's see the kids try to get the James Taylor reference.
"A Chip Off the Old Brock": Not bad, and it seems to fit the episode pretty well.
"Wheel...of Fortune": They could have tried harder. I think "Wheel of Misfortune" would have been better than what they have.
"May's Egg-celent Adventure": Part of me wants to gag, but another part of me wants to give them credit for the Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure reference.

Well, I don't know who didn't see "A chip off the old Brock" coming, But aside from the few puns, I think they're okay. So far, PUSA isn't screwing them up. `-`

Last edited:

PDL

disenchanted
as long as these episodes air in Canada at an appropriate time I'll be happy...

Kinslayer

Nevermore...
Seriously, 8:30 AM (my time) on a SATURDAY? After a Friday night of usual college student garb?! Pfft. Looks like I'll be downloading these episodes. :/

Anyways, I like these episode titles. Not like they make any difference concerning how good or bad the dub is. D:

Dreamer

living in a dream
I really like a chip of the old Brock....it made me laugh.

the rest...well, fear factor phony seems okay, and so does sweet baby James. don't like wheel...of fortune that much (why use '...'?" and may's eggcelent adventure is a real 4-kids title...

well,don't care that much about titles, as long as the dubbing is okay, I'm happy.

HoennMaster

"Fear Factor Phony": Not bad could be better.
"Sweet Baby James": Great Title
"A Chip Off the Old Brock": Love it.
"Wheel...of Fortune": Bad, just Bad.
"May's Egg-celent Adventure": Yeah, we still have dumb puns!

Butchering the opening - check
Creating Music For The Show - Check
Pun Episode Titles - Check

"we hate 4Kids lolz but this company is diong the same thing", bring forth the paint, but some people will defend anything that isn't 4Kids "I don't care if it's painted, as long as the episode is good".

Thriller

Its almost time
Seriously, 8:30 AM (my time) on a SATURDAY? After a Friday night of usual college student garb?! Pfft. Looks like I'll be downloading these episodes. :/

Anyways, I like these episode titles. Not like they make any difference concerning how good or bad the dub is. D:

The VCR is there for you bud :/

As for the Wheel... of Fortune, I wonder if TAJ got the rights from Sony for the use of the name. If not, say goodbye to TAJ dubbing it because Sony LIVES on laswuits.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Goodnight, you moonlight ladies, rockabye sweet baby James....

It's a pun on a James Taylor song. Yay for being like the only one who got it .__. (edit: Okay, one of two people. XD Jessie GS is my hero :0)

And....and omgwtf wheel of fortune?

Other than the intro song, we have no confirmation about music changes.

uh yes we do. OGT already said orignal music was being created to put in silent breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.