• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Dub Titles (Season 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
They've butchered the openings (just like 4Kids), screwed up the original score by adding self-made music (just like 4Kids).
I just have to point out that in AG 4Kids added ALL their own music. Most people didn't object too much to them filling the silence; the objection was primarily 4Kids rewriting the score for no known reason. Not trying to start anything, just pointing that out

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I just have to point out that in AG 4Kids added ALL their own music. Most people didn't object too much to them filling the silence; the objection was primarily 4Kids rewriting the score for no known reason. Not trying to start anything, just pointing that out

Don't kid yourself. People were going head over heels to b!tch about the silence being covered up, then they celebrated when Mastermind had the silence left in, and now they're being hypocrites by praising something they previously blasted. I've seen it with my own two eyes. That's been the case with this whole thing: they decided PUSA's dub would be godly, then when the proof came in that it would be just as bad as 4Kids', they changed their tune all of a sudden and started praising PUSA---for making the same mistakes 4Kids did.

Last edited:

Heracross

Custom User Title
Don't kid yourself. People were going head over heels to b!tch about the silence being covered up, then they celebrated when Mastermind had the silence left in, and now they're being hypocrites by praising something they previously blasted. I've seen it with my own two eyes.
Keeping silence is nice. Filling in is tolerable. Re-writing blows.

XD375

Shane
Justin, you needn't justify yourself to goons like these. They hate everything about the 4Kids dub because they have vendettas against 4Kids for other dubs ending up badly. Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but PUSA's dub is not going to be exactly like the raw either. They've butchered the openings (just like 4Kids), screwed up the original score by adding self-made music (just like 4Kids) and are using horrifically bad puns as the titles (just like 4Kids). But of course, everything could be the same as 4Kids' dub and these fools would still proclaim PUSA's superiority.

Like I said, Justin, you keep standing up for what you believe in. Don't let arrogant fools tell you what to think.
I liked the 4Kids dub. I actually liked the first episode of the 4Kids dub better. But the only Japanese stuff I've seen are:

Clip: Ash VS. Gary (First time, Pikachu VS. Eevee)
Episode: The Legend of Dratini
Episode: Electric Soldier Porygon
Episode: The Ice Path!
Episode: Pokémon! I Choose You!
Episode: The beginning of the pallet episode up to the end of Tracey and Max's first conversation.
Episode: Ash and Brock! Defend Pewter Gym in a Tag Battle!
Episode: The first Hoenn episode up to the end of May's introduction at the beginnning.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
Get off your high horse. The reason people didn't like the 4Kids dub was because of the edits, not just the company dubbing. It's just that the company dubbing has a huge record of crappy dubs, case in example: One Piece. If the PUSA dub does the same things the 4Kids dub did, then dub haters will continue to be dub haters.
Oh ho ho. I beg to differ. I've seen how 4Kids haters act. I garrentie that if this PUSA dub does indeed end up coming out like the 4Kids dub... That there will be a great number of people STILL proclaiming that PUSA is great.

'Cause, if I've learned anything, 4Kids haters (the bad ones) are the ULTIMATE hypocrits. They'll complain about anything 4Kids. Even if the said thing is actually good. Yeah, it sounds silly. But then again, so are the people.

Now, the rational ones are the cool ones. But I hate the hot-headed 4Kids haters. And there's quite too many of 'em. Like some here... And they know exactly who they are.

Anyways, that said, let's see how the dub turns out. So far, it seems PUSA is trying to copy 4Kids as much as possible. This should prove humourous.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
at least PUSA doesint have a crappy resume.

So? If the dub does indeed turn out like 4Kids' would it matter? A bad dub is a bad dub.

Not that I agree with Pokemon even having a bad dub ( I think it's decent) but some of you most obviously do.

But 4Kids haters will be 4Kids haters. And no matter how bad a dub turns out from another company, they will always state 4Kids as being worse.

At least the bad ones. >_> But then again, their views shouldn't matter none.

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
So? If the dub does indeed turn out like 4Kids' would it matter? A bad dub is a bad dub.

Not that I agree with Pokemon even having a bad dub ( I think it's decent) but some of you most obviously do.

But 4Kids haters will be 4Kids haters. And no matter how bad a dub turns out from another company, they will always state 4Kids as being worse.

At least the bad ones. >_> But then again, their views shouldn't matter none.

I'm not a 4Kids hater per se, but I do find it annoying that 4Kids found it necessary to change whatever episode or movie they are working on, sometimes to the point where their dub barely matches up with the original. You have two sides of the spectrum: you either have a fanfolk that will hate 4Kids no matter what or you have a fanfolk who loves 4Kids above all else and will try to "Save the Dub" or "Save the Original Voice Actors" as their mission in life even if it accomplishes pretty much nothing.

Anyhow, as far as the main topic is concerned, I don't think we can automatically decide whether or not PUSA's dub is going to suck simply by their episode titles.

Last edited:

Kuroshi

Anyhow, as far as the main topic is concerned, I don't think we can automatically decide whether or not PUSA's dub is going to suck simply by their episode titles.
Quoted for truth.

As far as the titles are concerned, they are about as good as some of 4Kids best ones, so no complaints here.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
*grabs The Great Butler and PokemonMaster Justin by the head (and then grows a third arm to grab RomanMack by the head) and smashes their heads together*

Now that that's out of my system. The PUSA haters who have decided to be pricks on this thread are giving me a headache. While I don't like punny titles, they're up there for all of fifteen seconds and gone. The open is a minute and gone. I don't really care about the fat as much as the meat and the meat is the actual episode.

I liked the dubbing in the first season. They didn't mess with the music (only filled in the silence and the music was tolerable and sometimes even good, not chimps banging on electrical instruments like today, and fit the scene pretty well).

They translated the signage which I understand because translating includes signage whether translating the actual sign or subtitling them.

But they didn't begin the wholesale gutting they've been doing since early to mid Johto. My problem with 4Kids is that they've began gutting the show of its cultural soul. They beat on the Japanese animators to stop using Japanese and start using the Tajirian which in the end they were still erasing for sh*ts and giggles. The cultural puns, jokes, and references (that didn't require dialogue) disappeared unless it was so intertwined into the episode it couldn't be pried loose (I bet the dubbers through a fit dubbing the episodes with the Eevee sisters that oozed with Japanese culture). And then mutant sandwiches that can hold together while bouncing down hills showed up. 4Kids got worse as time went by. If trends had continued, it's dub would have been as bad One Piece's.

Now here comes PUSA who is willing to at least reverse the process back up to season one. And it seems the Japanese animators know the 800 pound Slaking has left the room and are returning to the days of Season 1.

We'll see, but for me the music and editting are more important than titles and openings. They can make them filth as long as the dubbing is done well.

Mio

Belief
Well I guess there alright. The only ones I didn't like were "Wheel...of Fortune!" (just made me go WTF), and "May's Egg-cellent Adventure" (blood shoot out of my eyes when I read that).

Oh well overall I think it wasn't a disaster

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
But they didn't begin the wholesale gutting they've been doing since early to mid Johto. My problem with 4Kids is that they've began gutting the show of its cultural soul. They beat on the Japanese animators to stop using Japanese and start using the Tajirian which in the end they were still erasing for sh*ts and giggles. The cultural puns, jokes, and references (that didn't require dialogue) disappeared unless it was so intertwined into the episode it couldn't be pried loose (I bet the dubbers through a fit dubbing the episodes with the Eevee sisters that oozed with Japanese culture). And then mutant sandwiches that can hold together while bouncing down hills showed up. 4Kids got worse as time went by. If trends had continued, it's dub would have been as bad One Piece's.

Now here comes PUSA who is willing to at least reverse the process back up to season one. And it seems the Japanese animators know the 800 pound Slaking has left the room and are returning to the days of Season 1.

Well said and in addition, 4Kids even went as far as erasing ENGLISH words like "Stop".

While PUSA is giving shorter dub titles to longer Japanese titles, like "Munchlax’s Battle Debut! Harley and Taking the Game Seriously!", does that mean they will do the same to small Japanese titles as well? For example, look at "Dragonair’s Lake!". They can fit that on the title screen.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
I agree, there are worse things than punny titles and a 30 second theme song. As far as music goes, I'd be content if they kept it to the first season's standard; silence-replacing music that blends in with the original stuff. I also hope the acting improves; I know they're trying hard, but some parts do still sound flat or emotionless, i.e. Sarah's clip of Ash and the clip of the Dungeon special. Hopefully, they will improve quickly.

Just another note about the 30 sec theme; Naruto's dub theme is that length, as well, and they manage to avoid any other time cuts in the actual episode, right? (Sorry, I've never seen the original.)

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
o_O...*destroys all hopes of it being better than the 4Kids dub* The only thing we need now is an American sandwich...
Uh, filling in scenes with no music is BETTER than replacing music that's already there with synthesized garbage. :/ That what they did in the first season's dub, which was kept close to the original aside from culture references in dialogue being removed.
The Great Butler said:
Don't kid yourself. People were going head over heels to b!tch about the silence being covered up, then they celebrated when Mastermind had the silence left in, and now they're being hypocrites by praising something they previously blasted. I've seen it with my own two eyes.
You must be so damn blind then, because people only praised the Mastermind dub because it had silence, which 4Kids has never left in. It isn't possible for them to complain about silence not being kept in the special before it aired, because before they thought it was dub-created and American-only.
That's been the case with this whole thing: they decided PUSA's dub would be godly, then when the proof came in that it would be just as bad as 4Kids', they changed their tune all of a sudden and started praising PUSA---for making the same mistakes 4Kids did.
[Bad] Openings and punny episodes aren't proof or mistakes in dubbing, genius. Pointless edits in the actual content are mistakes.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
Satoshi, I think what TGB was saying is that people were complaining about the music, even back when it was only the silence replaced, that they were happy when the silence was kept for the special, and that they were still happy after PUSA said they were only replacing the silent parts. I do disagree with that last statement; no one "celebrated" that they were replacing the silence, it's just that it's better than what 4Kids has currently been doing, which is replacing ALL the music, silent or not, with they own sythesized stuff. In other words, replacing ONLY the silence is worse than leaving it intact, but better than scrapping everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.