• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Dub Titles (Season 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aipom Fan

A.I.P.O.M. R.U.L.E.S
Keystone Pops??? Wow, you know... I would've expected something a bit more...umm... ...EXCITING?! Oh well, I guess the Title isn't everything right? Or maybe I'm the only one who thinks that Pokemon USA could've done a better job on this.

- Aipom

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Where are my Charlie Chaplin and Fatty Arbuckle references?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Good lord, that's genius. Possibly PUSA's best title since "A Staravia is Born".
(pun of "Father Knows Best", for those left in the dark)

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Why was "A Staravia is Born" such a good title? (My pun-knowledge is nonexistant)
For a number of reasons. First, it's a pun of "A Star is Born". Slapping the word "Staravia" in there seems like a cheap way to make a pun, right? But the thing is, unlike a lot of 4Kids pun titles where they would just slap a Pokemon's name in the title without it making a lick of sense ("Having a Wailord of a Time", for example), this one worked appropriately. Staravia was essentially "being born" as it emerged from Starly's glow after a life of trauma after never recovering from the concussion Aipom gave it. In addition, unlike many of PUSA's titles, it wasn't some long-winded obscure reference to a general theme of the episode. Part of it's the simplicity, another part's the effectiveness.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
The Keystone pops? What's that a reference to?

The Keystone Cops, a comedy group from way back in the early film era.

As for Bibarel Gnaws Best, I like it. Good reference to Father Knows Best. Wonder what's next?

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Guesss I was beaten once again to posting the eppy title oh well then.

Kuroshi

Very nice title, and it is close to the Japanese title, as thunderblade12 pointed out.

This thread needs to be updated for season 11, we are already three episodes in.

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
Very nice title, and it is close to the Japanese title, as thunderblade12 pointed out.

This thread needs to be updated for season 11, we are already three episodes in.

Are we? The new title that was just released was the final Season 10 title "Bibarel Gnaws Best" I think when the episode titles after this are revealed I'll ask for a title change.

Kuroshi

Are we? The new title that was just released was the final Season 10 title "Bibarel Gnaws Best" I think when the episode titles after this are revealed I'll ask for a title change.

Well, in the US "Bibarel Gnaws Best" is the third episode of the 11th season. Since season 10 started with "Following A Maiden Voyage" and ended with "Smells Like Team Spirit".

AtoMan

Restoring the Kanto
Well, in the US "Bibarel Gnaws Best" is the third episode of the 11th season. Since season 10 started with "Following A Maiden Voyage" and ended with "Smells Like Team Spirit".

Wow, i never thought that will happen - fans know better how to count than PUSA. Yeah, they screwed up with transitions.

Kuroshi

Where would they have screwed up? Since in the Japanese version there are no "seasons" there is no predefined line between one group of episodes and the next.

AtoMan

Restoring the Kanto
Because there was already established "system" people seemed to ignore, and after ages of hard work for people to acknowledge this, PUSA stopped caring. And we didn't know this for a while, so lots of people assumed the beginning of DP is season 9.

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer

No it didn't it started with "Different Strokes for Different Blokes" because Season 9 consisted of the first 5 DP episodes.

AtoMan

Restoring the Kanto
No it didn't it started with "Different Strokes for Different Blokes" because Season 9 consisted of the first 5 DP episodes.

NO it DIDN'T. Season 9 is 47 eps long, season 10 is 51. People need to pay attention.

Now you see what i mean, Kuroshi?

pi-pikachu1_1

GIMME BAK MAH COOKIE
Ok.. so on May 3 Saturday, the 4th ep. of DP Battle Dimension "The Keystone Pops" is supposed to air, but on my tv guide it says "Following A Maiden's Voyage!" which is the 1st ep. of previous season Diamond and Pearl.. is this true for all of u guys, or am i just retarded. i hope its a typo or something tho..

Cobalt_Latios

Ok.. so on May 3 Saturday, the 4th ep. of DP Battle Dimension "The Keystone Pops" is supposed to air, but on my tv guide it says "Following A Maiden's Voyage!" which is the 1st ep. of previous season Diamond and Pearl.. is this true for all of u guys, or am i just retarded. i hope its a typo or something tho..
It very well could be. I remember on my guide where it said Pokémon, and it wound up being an entirely different show (forgot what the show was called...)

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

edit: I mean that it could very well be a typo, just thought I'd clarify in the event you got confused.

~C_L~

Status
Not open for further replies.