• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Dub Titles (Season 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The Battle Finale of Legend!
The Treasure is All Mine!
Mastering Current Events!
Double-Time Battle Training!

The first one isn't very creative. It's just a summary of what will happen in the episode. Obivously it's the Galactic finale. The second makes sense since James' treasure chest appears, the third one is a pun on air currents, and the fourth one is a reference to the double-performance by Mamoswine and Cyndaquil. All in all, their ok. I was soooo sure the season would end with the Galactic finale...

adyniz

Bulbapædist
The Battle Finale of Legend!

The first one isn't very creative. It's just a summary of what will happen in the episode. Obivously it's the Galactic finale.

OMG!!! Really? I think first title is one of the BEST TITLE of season 12. Nevermind, everybody have its own opinion. :D
2nd title is also a pun/similar to "The pleasure is all mine".
Overall, all the four titles are awesome.

dman_dustin

I thought by now I didn't have to preach this. Seasons are not determined by what happens in episodes, they go by production order.

Not that it would make sense anyway for it to end right after the Galactic episodes (since it wouldn't be the typical season length, regardless of the circumstances).

But hypothetically speaking, what if from when the new English Season starts to the end of the DP series is 60+ episodes, then what? I really doubt there would be a small 15 or so episode season (or even enough for two more seasons), and I doubt the episodes would be included into the new series with a brand new cast change (with only Brock and Ash being the same).

Torpoleon

But hypothetically speaking, what if from when the new English Season starts to the end of the DP series is 60+ episodes, then what? I really doubt there would be a small 15 or so episode season (or even enough for two more seasons), and I doubt the episodes would be included into the new series with a brand new cast change (with only Brock and Ash being the same).
Well, that probably wont happen.

Galactic Battles will probably end with DP156/DP157. Season 13 would be DP157/DP158- DP210.

210+ episodes for Sinnoh is ridiculous considering Generation V will start in Late 2010.

Anime-Ash

YTV Canada has revealed the second last episode of the DP Galactic Battles season.

DP156- A Meteoric Experience! (airing May 8th on Cartoon Network, and May 17th on YTV Canada)

Also, YTV's site revealed that DP157 will be the final episode of Season 12, as A Meteoric Experience is scheduled to premiere on Monday May 18th, DP157(listed as Season XII on YTV's site)to premiere on Tuesday May 19th, and Get Your Rotom Running to re-air again on Wednesday May 20th.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
YTV Canada has revealed the second last episode of the DP Galactic Battles season.

DP156- A Meteoric Experience! (airing May 8th on Cartoon Network, and May 17th on YTV Canada)

Also, YTV's site revealed that DP157 will be the final episode of Season 12, as A Meteoric Experience is scheduled to premiere on Monday May 18th, DP157(listed as Season XII on YTV's site)to premiere on Tuesday May 19th, and Get Your Rotom Running to re-air again on Wednesday May 20th.

Well, interesting. I always thought that DP157 is the final episode of the season and not DP156. It turns out I was right. And this is a very nice title for Ash's Gible's first episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

So Pokemon Galactic Battles is ending eh? Makes sense since the TG finale aired last week. I like the title since it refers to the developments in that episode but the rest doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I guess I don't understand the context. Hoping that season 13 will air sooner rather than later.

Well, interesting. I always thought that DP157 is the final episode of the season and not DP156. It turns out I was right. And this is a very nice title for Ash's Gible's first episode.

I don't understand why anyone would think DP 156 would be the season finale since:

DP 156 ends with sort of a cliffhanger; Gible follows Ash and Co and they meet in the next episode. Why would the season end with that? It would make more sense to end with Ash capturing a new Pokemon rather than ending the season with Gible following Ash and Co.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I don't understand why you'd think DP 156 would be the season finale since....

DP 156 ends with sort of a cliffhanger; Gible follows Ash and Co and they meet in the next episode. Why would the season end with that? It would make more sense to end with Ash capturing a new Pokemon rather than ending the season with Gible following Ash and Co.

Read again what I said. I said that DP157 is the final episode of seson 12. Ans that's what he said:
Also, YTV's site revealed that DP157 will be the final episode of Season 12.
Well it's also more logical, I never thought that DP156 should be a final episode. Well now I'm looking forward to see the title of DP157.

AtoMan

Restoring the Kanto
It obviously does end at DP157, but not because of any plot convenience, but simply because of 52-ep mark...

adyniz

Bulbapædist
Awesome :D

Perfect title. I was also expecting DP157 to be finale. So, the new season will probably begin in may (just like it did last year).
Ooo, Can't wait!

Torpoleon

DP156 has a good title. If DP157 did not tie-in with DP156, DP157 probably would have started Season 13.

To AtoMan: Season 10 only had 51 episodes.

Now Ash-kid, don't you dare say anything about me being wrong since DP158 is supposed to start Season 13 which is what you thought and I didn't.

Wait, so DP157 officially airs on Tuesday, May 19, 2010?

AtoMan

Restoring the Kanto
Season 10 only had 51 episodes.

So what? 11th was 52-eps long, and 10th was like that most likely due to Taj not knowing there will be a skipped clip show. Hadn't their contract ended, season 10 most likely would be 52 eps long.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
So what? 11th was 52-eps long, and 10th was like that most likely due to Taj not knowing there will be a skipped clip show. Hadn't their contract ended, season 10 most likely would be 52 eps long.
Makes sense, given how they perhaps anticipated the next clip show this time around. We had a lot of speculation over this, obviously, and it looks like they learned their lesson. Thus, Season 12 gets a full 52-episode run.

Though just to clear the record, ending on a cliffhanger likely wouldn't have affected the season end-mark had it gone the other way. No one knows ahead of time where a 52-episode run will end.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I was always believing DP156 might be the last episode, but seeing what looks best, DP157 might just be the last episode then. xp But anyways, not a bad title at all.

HoennMaster

Oh yeah time to explain again. I'm actually surprised that TPCi actually had an order of 53 episodes. They did homework this time. Makes me wonder why they didn't do this with season 10.

I don't understand why anyone would think DP 156 would be the season finale since:

How many times does this need to be said. Episode plots have NOTHING to do with how long a season is. A season goes by how many episodes are ordered. Apparently this time they ordered 53, but that was so they could skip the clip show and have 52, not because of the events of DP156 and DP157.

Also,

DP156 does not end in a cliffhanger. Gible starring at Ash and the others is not a cliffhanger.

It obviously does end at DP157, but not because of any plot convenience, but simply because of 52-ep mark...

Not true, TPCi ordered 53 episodes in order to have 52, so that rules doesn't really apply here.

Last edited:

Anime-Ash

DP156 has a good title. If DP157 did not tie-in with DP156, DP157 probably would have started Season 13.

To AtoMan: Season 10 only had 51 episodes.

Now Ash-kid, don't you dare say anything about me being wrong since DP158 is supposed to start Season 13 which is what you thought and I didn't.

Wait, so DP157 officially airs on Tuesday, May 19, 2010?
No. On Cartoon Network US, it is premiering on Saturday May 15th, 2010. On YTV Canada, it's premiering on Tuesday May 18,2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.