• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Dub Titles!

Joe

Lost Fan #4815162342
For shame.

"A Real Cleffa-Hanger" ........................Whoever made up that title deserves to be shot.

That is all.

PDL

disenchanted
at least it isn't "A Cleffa Caper", because we all know how original that title is :)

Joe

Lost Fan #4815162342
Also, wtf is up with that Mime one? >_>; Mr. Mime probably has about 10 seconds in the ep altogether. Even a 2 year-old could make a better title than that.

*grumbles and walks off*

Dogasu said:
Wailord had all of 10 seconds in "Having a Wailord of a Time," yet it got a mention in the episode's title.
Wailord at least had a bigger part, it was mentioned, stolen, seen and saved. Mr.Mime just appears in the background.

In other words Wailord had more than a background shot :p

Last edited:

RandomCharizard

Little prediction: The Rice balls in the Agatha episode will surely be edited D:.
These titles stink. The best one is "The Symbol Life" It's pretty 4kids usual though :/.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Blazken said:
You Do know that Jynx will most liky turn into a pokemon that can use the same move

No, these episodes have already aired in the UK months ago, 4kids didn't touch Jynx, and they even gave her the same voice that she has in the Kanto eps.

It was KidsWb's decision to delay the Contest episode (for an idiotic reason we will never know), but I guess they figured that showing Jynx on American television isn't going to offend anyone.

S

Shadowcat

I just noticed it. Paris Hilton Styled Titles fail in Pokemon, so I'll go with 'Numero Uno Articuno'.

o_O. Now... Jynx Epi RULES! Skitty in action? Rawk on.

Californian_DJ

help Pokémon survive
well, the symbol life sounds okay, and I actually like numero uno articuno.

but I think they should come up with better titles then these. I mean, even my 9 year old dutch cousin could do better.

well, actually I think that dutch dub titles are even worse, I mean, I don't understand them all, as my dutch isn't really that great, but the ones I can understand are just lame. and they're so far behind. I mean, they're airing Advanced Challenge (what you seed is what you get) on my cousins birthday (march 29) thank god I can download them.

and only 3 months untill I go home again :) I'm really missing San Francisco, even though Nijmegen is a cool city, with all of it's historical stuff, but after a while you've seen it all.

Kabuto

little punks!
Numero Uno Articuno is plain unoriginal and terribly irritating. There hasn't been a good title pun since Bad to the Bone which still sucks.

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Dogasu said:
Wailord had all of 10 seconds in "Having a Wailord of a Time," yet it got a mention in the episode's title.

Like Torky Stu said, Wailord at least had a bigger part in that episode. Plus, it was a Wailmer before it evolved into a Wailmer in that espisode so I can understand why the title is "Having a Wailord of a Time". So far I liked the dub title "Numero Uno Articuno". Sounds a little catchy to me.

PDL

disenchanted
would have been better if it was "Numero Articuno"... "Numero Uno Articuno" seems a bit of a mouthful...

HoennMaster

I like all the dub titles minus the Pallet Town episode, It is an okay pun for a Mr. Mime episode but not that episode. As for the Having A Wailord Of A Time, that would have been better for the episode Island Time

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Well, I had some OK title guesses here, my best one being "Factory and Myth". But I was wrong about all five, and the ones they do have sucked.

HoennMaster

CyberCubed said:
No, these episodes have already aired in the UK months ago, 4kids didn't touch Jynx, and they even gave her the same voice that she has in the Kanto eps.

It was KidsWb's decision to delay the Contest episode (for an idiotic reason we will never know), but I guess they figured that showing Jynx on American television isn't going to offend anyone.

They delayed it because they don't want a Jynx episode to air in February, Black History Month. They don't want the old controversy to arise

XD375

Shane
Zak said:
Well, the same reason the Porygon episode remained banned when that little scene that was about three seconds long could have been edited. As a matter of fact it WAS edited and although it didn't cause any harm after. However, TV-Tokyo stopped airing it for sentimental reasons as far as I know, and didn't give it to 4kids for the same reason.

So, this and the Porygon episode are the only ones banned in Japan.

~Zak
4Kids actually translated Legend of Dratini and Electric Soldier Porygon.

Last edited: