• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Dub Titles!

Your Serebii has a big head sir.

Does it come in a doll edition? ^_^ You know, kind of like that one you posed yourself with? Hilarity ensues.

Last edited:

shigilyboohoo

WalkingContradiction
The dub version of AG169 could be Telepathy Maiden Anabel (maiden - made in) :p

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
I don't get y America and Japan just can't have the same title...

Uh oh, it must be having a glitch and showing one of the Xiaolin Showdown episode titles! The whole site is having glitches, the Xiaolin Showdown page shows that it will show "The Apprentice" (an episode of The Batman), but the ad above it claims one full hour (according to Toon Zone, its "Chucky Choo" and "Wu Got The Power"). And even worse, how can firstly "Wu Got The Power" have to do with Onix? Then, how can they show a new episode when they are showing a one hour special? Then even more worse, the page for Loonatics Unleashed is showing that they will air "Chucky Choo", which isin't even a L.U. episode, being an XS episode. Man, the whole site has gone bonkers!

Review:
Pokemon - "Wu Got The Power" - an episode of XS
Loonatics Unleashed - "Chucky Choo" - an episode of XS
Xiaolin Showdown - "The Apprentice" - an episode of The Batman
Viewtiful Joe - "Time After Time" - a future two part episode of XS/episode of Loonatics Unleashed
Coconut Fred - "Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon" - The Pokemon 1 Hour Special?! come on!!!
Johnny Test - Johnny to the Center of the Earth / Johnny X - correct finally!

Now that was a good laugh!

Last edited:

Jakley

Eevee Coordinator
I was thinking that too (Unless someone in the Onix Episodes name is Wu which is highly unlikely) Plus why have a new episode air the same day as the Special?

EDIT: Checked Tv.com and it says that it is a XS episode

Last edited:

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
npdargy312 said:
I don't get y America and Japan just can't have the same title...

Most obviously, the Japanese have drastically different methods of titling their TV show episodes than the Americans do - they tend to give rather extravagant descriptions of what the episode is about over there, whereas the American dubbers would undoubtedly prefer not to be as straightforward.

Plus, a title is how most people remember which episode is which, and it usually helps if it's something catchy. What are you more likely to remember - "Falling In Love With Kucheat! Hasubrero's Runway!" or "Once in a Mawile"?

(My only gripe is the fact that 4Kids can't come up with any decent puns or wordplay for their titles. They used to be far more conservative, but now it's just painful.)

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Here's May's schedule. Looks like Kids' WB! is going back to the once-a-week schedule.

May 6th
10:00am - "Hooked on Onix"

May 13th
10:00am - "Rough, Tough Jigglypuff"

May 20th
10:00am - "On Cloud Arcanine"

May 27th
10:00am - "Sitting Psyduck"

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
The way things are now, we'll get eight weeks of reruns before the end of the beginning of September, when Kids' WB!'s new season begins.

Such is the price we pay for getting two episodes premiering every weekend for three months straight.

HoennMaster

Don Vito said:
Good that they are going back to one ep a week shows. That way the priceless summer won't be as long.

don't assume that, Advanced Challenge had 52 episodes, if they would have shown one new episode a week then it would have ended the same day it did but they didn't air them like that

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Finally, new titles. FINALLY, back to one new ep a week! Maybe the summer duldrums won't be as miserable.

Hooked on Onix
(Prediction: A Battle for the Cages)
This one made me LOL. And not because it's horrible, but because it gave me flashbacks of those idiotic Hooked on Phonics commercials of yesteryear. (Haven't seen 'em lately, fortunately).

Rough, Tough Jigglypuff
(Prediction: Puff Enough for Ya)
Standard rhyming title. It's actually appropriate considering the Jigglypuff's stamina. Nothing special, though.

On Cloud Arcanine
(Prediction: Rated Arcanine)
Ooh, I really like this one. Pretty clever. Best one since "Rhapsody in Drew".

Sitting Psyduck
(Prediction: West Psyduck Story)
While not terrible per se, it's my least-favorite in this particular batch. It's just so...unoriginal. There are so many better Psyduck puns out there.

That said, every single one of these titles is better than any of the ones of the April batch. I wonder if we'll still have these quirky puns with PUSA's dubbing.

Hmmmmm they are better than the usual title standard we have, I mean A Real Cleffa Hanger from the last set was just :|

Hooked On Onix - Pretty good, I didn't really have a predict one for this episode anyway.

Rough, Tough Jigglypuff - Normal Rhymes as usual, but this one does actually fit the episode (much like 'Where's Almardo?' did).

On Cloud Arcanine - Got to be the best in this set, it just works in my opinion. If it was another Drew pun I would of screamed, I mean Drew's great in all but him getting more title mentions than other people just seems wrongs. But nice.

Sitting Psyduck - I so think Sigh a Little Psyduck would of been better and more fitting, as well as a better title all round. Though I guess its not all bad, nothing overly great though.

So pretty good I guess.

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
The only one i don't get the pun is the Psyduck one unless it's sitting duck.