1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

New Dub Titles!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Dogasu, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Dogasu

Dogasu Frustrated Elf

It'd be fitting, though. Since the very first 4Kids title (Pokemon! I Choose You!) was a direct translation of the Japanese title.

2. kaibachaoschampion

kaibachaoschampion Feather Trainer

Yeah, 4Kids could give us a nice leaving present. While we sort out the VA problem and get them changed back.

3. Cobalt_Latios

Cobalt_Latios Well-Known Member

4 episodes till season 8 is over?? Already???? But i really dont think that the VA will change. Though it will get some taking used too. Unless they decide to try some other people than the ones previewed, then it wouldnt be half bad. But that's just me. Typing this at midnight.

Although, there have been exceptions in gaming however...

-C_L-

4. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Final Dub Title Revealed for Season 8

Jp. Title: Hand-to-Hand Fighting Dojo! Ash VS May!
    US Title: Pasta La Vista

Which is pointless...Noodles are only mentioned like once at the start of the ep x,x

5. So much for a good title to end 4Kids dubbing.

I mean Pasta La Vista :/

Well at least it wasn't 'Hitmonchanwich'.

6. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

Well "Pasta la Vista" 4Kids. May you never again darken our skies.

Hopefully the puns will now end. Or at least they'll get some one with a better sense of humor. I don't see why they can't just translate the titles. Maybe PUSA will.

7. Nathan Madien

Nathan Madien Me on a Good Day

So the last 4Kids-dubbed episode title is "Pasta La Vista"? That is so lame...I hope PUSA comes up with less corny pun titles for season 9 or translate the titles like The Big Al suggested.

8. Kento

Kento PoKeSaFaRi

PoKeSaFaRi here.

Serebii, it would be nice from you, if gave decent credit for once, even if it's on a forum post! >=\

Originally reported at: http://www.pokemon-safari.com/main

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  9. kaibachaoschampion

kaibachaoschampion Feather Trainer

Well, its a bad but fitting title. Not because it doesn't fit with the episode. But it fits because I guess its 4Kids way of saying goodbye.

10. RandomCharizard

RandomCharizard i hatez pokemonz

So much for 4kids perfect dubbing in the last episode. Damnit. It was too much to hope for anyway.

11. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

From what I can recall, Haruka is pretty psyched to eat them through the majority of the episode. And then we have Team Rocket's mecha-noodle thing.

With various Hitmontoppings, including sliced Hitmonleek.

12. Kento

Kento PoKeSaFaRi

Still, ramen is not pasta nor noodles Gravy.. but anyways, 4Kids dediced to make everything look so occidentalish as usual in order to put that farewall pun title =\

13. Porygandrew

Porygandrew Well-Known Member

What are you all talking about? 4Kids is saying "goodbye" to everyone with that title. It's a wink-and-a-nudge. Granted it's a bad title, but I see good intentions with this last one.
    Edit: eeep: ^ You beat me to it.

14. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Indeed, so long 4kids. Mostly though, it'll be saying goodbye to the old voices.

I wonder if the final Trainer's choice will be anything special, unless PUSA continues them. At least the season ends on an episode that stars Ash/May, Veronica Taylor gets one last major performance with both of them.

15. intergalactic platypus

intergalactic platypus Only rescues maidens

Dreadful title, one of the worst since the episode isn't about freakin pasta, but I suppose it fits 4Kids farewell. May the next season fare better

16. Kento

Kento PoKeSaFaRi

final Trainer's choice will be anything special -> the last Traner's Choice was: Choose which of the following Pokemon don't evolve:

Absol, Wynaut and Snorunt

No need to give you the answer, heh. It was like all the others.

Well, all the episode isn't about Doodles, but it plays an important role, as Kyle (Ham's son, which is the karate guy) wants to make the best noodles in town, which are his dad's according to him, so all he wants to do is practice and practice to get them as good possible. May is obsessed with noodles and wants to taste Kyle's, which were called "Tallarines Batalla" (Battle Noodles) in Spain.

So the whole episode and the main battle is about those noodles after all.

Spain already aired it and the episode title is known thanks to www.Pokemon-Safari.com *waits for Joe to give proper credit >=) *

17. The Big Al

So they send us off with a completely butchered episode. 4Kids must love us so much for our loyalty.

18. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

Woah there trigger! Don't jump to conclusions. We always get the names of foodstuffs altered which, whilst a little irritating, does not equal a butchered episode no matter how you look at it.

19. The Big Al

I thought I saw something that meant they'd gut the plot.

20. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Well at any rate, we know the ramen noodles will be called "pasta" in the dub. Reminds me in the Hoenn league, where May said she likes chicken noodle soup and not ramen noodles.