• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Dub Titles!

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
Kento said:
Still, ramen is not pasta nor noodles Gravy..
Pasta:
Unleavened dough, made of wheat flour, water, and sometimes eggs, that is molded into any of a variety of shapes and boiled.

Noodle:
A narrow, ribbonlike strip of dried dough, usually made of flour, eggs, and water.
A noodle is a thin strip of pasta, usually cut or extruded from some kind of dough.

Ramen:
1. A Japanese dish of noodles in broth, often garnished with small pieces of meat and vegetables.
2. A thin white noodle served in this dish.
Most ramen noodles are made from four basic ingredients: wheat flour, salt, water, and kansui (かんすい).
Ramen noodles come in various shapes and lengths. They may be fat, thin, or even ribbon-like, as well as straight or wrinkled. According to Nissin, there are five traditional types of noodles: "hand-stretched noodle", "oiled and stick-stretched noodle", "cut noodle", "pushed noodle" and "rice noodle."

Or did I miss the part where a ramen "noodle" contains leavening agents and isn't a strip of dough, often meant to be boiled, made of at least flour and water? Or is this a joke of some sort, perhaps sarcasm, that I didn't catch?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
CyberCubed said:
Well at any rate, we know the ramen noodles will be called "pasta" in the dub. Reminds me in the Hoenn league, where May said she likes chicken noodle soup and not ramen noodles.
Though it'll have me in stitches as Team Rocket talks about how they don't know how to make pasta. Even I know how to make pasta and I'm about as clueless in the kitchen as you can get. I guess it'll prove once and for all how terminally stupid Team Rocket is.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
*remembers when they turned ramen into chicken noodle soup in the Hoenn League*

If anything, it's a fitting title in the sense that we have (hopefully) seen the last of this horrendous butchering. I just hope it's not the end of pun titles. I liked them. >_<

Last edited:

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
Well, it's only fair that after hundreds of stupid pun titles, 4Kids would say good-bye with a equally-sucky pun. After all, it isn't like they can merely translate the episode title. No, they have to "creative".

Then again, for all we know, PUSA could rename "Psychics vs. Ghost! Midnight Duel!" as "A New Haunting" or something.

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
Torkoal Stu said:
What about Peanut Butter and Cactus Biritto?

Blech...you gotta love 4Kids logic: "Instead of using Japanese food, let's make up stuff like this." Hopefully, PUSA won't so squemish about saying the word "ramen".

intergalactic platypus said:
Completely butchered episodes are very uncommon in pokemon. Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions

While that may be somewhat true for the main series, the Pokemon Chronicles definitely are butchered to the point where it isn't even funny.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
Kento said:
final Trainer's choice will be anything special -> the last Traner's Choice was: Choose which of the following Pokemon don't evolve:

Absol, Wynaut and Snorunt

No need to give you the answer, heh. It was like all the others.
And let me guess: they used Absol's abysmal dub voice, right?

RomanMack

Johto Champion
The Big Al said:
So they send us off with a completely butchered episode. 4Kids must love us so much for our loyalty.
Ok... Now this is just complete and utter BULL if you're talking about the main Pokemon series.

Now Pokemon Chronicles... That is something you'd be right with... But the main series?

Last edited:

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
RomanMack said:
Ok... Now this is just complete and utter BULL if you're talking about the main Pokemon series.

Now Pokemon Chronicles... That is something you'd be right with... But the main series?

Not all the episodes in the main series are exactly what you got in Japan. Certain episodes get away with merely time cuts while a lot of episodes are edited for content or because 4Kids was bored.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
I just hope the sucky title puns will go away.

You see, 4kids is wraping it up with a title like "Pasta la Vista"

So, is this episode about pasta? The only pic I've seen of the episode is a Breloom and Hitmonchan battling.

o_0...

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
chosen_one386 said:
I just hope the sucky title puns will go away.

You see, 4kids is wraping it up with a title like "Pasta la Vista"

So, is this episode about pasta? The only pic I've seen of the episode is a Breloom and Hitmonchan battling.

o_0...

Pasta has something to do with the episode.

S.Suikun

Pasta has nothing to do with the episode. And ramen only has to do with the first minute and the last 5 seconds.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
Nathan Madien said:
Not all the episodes in the main series are exactly what you got in Japan. Certain episodes get away with merely time cuts while a lot of episodes are edited for content or because 4Kids was bored.
Yes, but it isn't completely "butchered". It's just edited.

S.Suikun

What I find funny is that pasta is probably more foreign than ramen is!

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
RomanMack said:
Yes, but it isn't completely "butchered". It's just edited.

I'll give you that. For as much as 4Kids edited Pokemon, at least they didn't turn it into Cardcaptors.

HoennMaster

No one kill me with this. For people wondering, on the main site it said it will air on the 8th or 15th and according to ToonZone it is July 8. I like the title because it is a funny goodbye one but other than that no. I'm kinda of scared of the titles that PUSA and TAJ will come up with though.

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
HoennMaster said:
No one kill me with this. For people wondering, on the main site it said it will air on the 8th or 15th and according to ToonZone it is July 8. I like the title because it is a funny goodbye one but other than that no. I'm kinda of scared of the titles that PUSA and TAJ will come up with though.

Why would you be scared, HoennMaster? After eight years of bad 4Kids pun titles like Pasta La Vista, PUSA and TAJ can't be any worse.

Besides, no matter which anime dub you go to, bad pun titles are all the rage.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Nathan Madien said:
Why would you be scared, HoennMaster? After eight years of bad 4Kids pun titles like Pasta La Vista, PUSA and TAJ can't be any worse.

Besides, no matter which anime dub you go to, bad pun titles are all the rage.
You do realised that you have just jinxed it and we'll get even worse puns right?

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
Serebii said:
You do realised that you have just jinxed it and we'll get even worse puns right?

Worse puns? You mean to tell me there are worse puns than "Beauty and the Beach", "Pikachu Re-Volts", "Good 'Quil Hunting", "Taking it on the Chinchou", "Taming of the Shroomish", or "The Symbol Life"? o_O