• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Dub Titles!

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Heh, I loved "Taming of the Shroomish". But I can give you some MUCH worse pun titles for the first few episodes of Season 9:
AG 147: Let's BOO This Thing!
AG 148: You're Just in Mime!
AG 149: Love, Marshtomp Style!
AG 150: Hello Greta, Hello Faddah!
AG 151: Eggers Can't Be Choosers!
AG 152: Contest This!
AG 153: Puff the Magic Dragonair!
AG 154: There's No Place Like Dome!
AG 155: Elekids 'R Us!
AG 156: It's a Celebi's Market, Baby!

Yeah, I came up with those at the top of my head. If I thought about them for a bit, I could do even worse. >_<

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
S.Suikun said:
Heh, I loved "Taming of the Shroomish". But I can give you some MUCH worse pun titles for the first few episodes of Season 9:

Yeah, I came up with those at the top of my head. If I thought about them for a bit, I could do even worse. >_<

You know, if 4Kids was still dubbing Pokemon, we would probably see those titles. Scary...o_O

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
chosen_one386 said:
Scary is an understatement -_-'

To think that in the beginning, 4Kids merely translated the episode titles before their pun horomones took over.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Nathan Madien said:
To think that in the beginning, 4Kids merely translated the episode titles before their pun horomones took over.

Not really.

"Pokemon Scent-sation," "Friends to the end," "Make room for Gloom," "The Pi-Kahuna," "Volcanic Panic," "Pallet Party Panic," etc.

Most of the Season 1 and 2 titles also had puns. Some people try to pretend that the puns didn't start till mid-Johto, but we had them since the very beginning.

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
S.Suikun said:

Those definitely sound like 4Kids material, scary enough. Are you sure that you aren't working with them?

Anyways, "Pasta La Vista" is a funny title for the last 4Kids dubbed episode of Pokemon. 4Kids, we shall never forget your funny and horrifying attempts at puns. *plays Taps* Now we'll just have to wait and see what PUSA will do...

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
CyberCubed said:
Not really.

"Pokemon Scent-sation," "Friends to the end," "Make room for Gloom," "The Pi-Kahuna," "Volcanic Panic," "Pallet Party Panic," etc.

Most of the Season 1 and 2 titles also had puns. Some people try to pretend that the puns didn't start till mid-Johto, but we had them since the very beginning.

I know that. In the beginning, 4Kids pretty much sticked with the Japanese titles like "Pokemon, I Choose You!" and "Clefairy and the Moon Stone". It wasn't until Ash got to Celadon City in "Pokemon Scent-sation" that 4Kids began to stray away from having Japanese-translated titles to pun titles. I don't think we've seen a Japanese-translated title since Celadon City.

Revolutionary Destiny said:
Those definitely sound like 4Kids material, scary enough. Are you sure that you aren't working with them?

Anyways, "Pasta La Vista" is a funny title for the last 4Kids dubbed episode of Pokemon. 4Kids, we shall never forget your funny and horrifying attempts at puns. *plays Taps* Now we'll just have to wait and see what PUSA will do...

Well, "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon" isn't based on any puns. It sounds more like a Japanese-translated title, so perhaps PUSA will stick to that at least in the beginning. I mean, really, they can fit "Dragonair's Lake" onto the title screen.

Last edited:

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
Judai Yuki said:
Pasta La Vista is appropriate for 4Kids last pokemon episode.

That is why PUSA will have their work cut out in trying to match the level of suckiness 4Kids managed to reach with their dub titles.

D

Dr. Thinker

Let's look on the bright side.....

It's a new company doing the series. We may get better titles..but here's
my titles, if I was in charge--and reasons--the voice is the person who WILL voice the title.

PBF1: "Ghost Battlers"
Voice: Ash
(Ash gets fillers with the regular battles with Brains & Gym Leaders)
Reason: A midnight duel is happening between Pyshic and Ghost Pokemon.

PBF2: "James's Vaction House"
Voice: Meowth
(Meowth gets Team Rocket eposides)
Reason: Not that Mine Jr. isn't important, but the local is too. This
is James's sumer mansion.

PBF3: "Mudkip in Love?"
Voice: Brock
(Brock gets eposide that deals with Love)
Reason: This is the shorter version of Japanese's title, "Mizugouru And Mokoko! The Wonderdrug of Love?"

PBF4: "Battle Arena Showdown!"
Reason: This is Ash's battle with Gretta.

PBF5: "The Real Kanto Breeding Center"
Reason: Recall the title of the first appearance of Cassidy and Butch: "The
Sercet of the Breeding Center"--is eposide is a vist to the real
Kanto Breeding Center.

PBF6: "Does The Rival Work The Company?"
Voice: May
(May gets to voice epoisdes that focus on her, Max, or Pokemon Contests.)
Reason: This another contest eposide. The question is similar
to the Japanese title.

PBF7: "The Pest Of The Lake"
Reason: It's a eposide that reals a Heonn Pokemon caushing trouble
with Kanto Pokemon.

PBF8: "The Battle At The Dome"
Reason: It's Ash battle against Turker (sp?) at The Battle Dome.

PBF8: "Surpise, Eleckid!"
Reason: This is just a short version of the Japanese title!

PBF9: "SAVE SERBII!!"
Reason: A shorter version of the Japanese title with the American
spelling of Celebri!"

PBF10: "The Ninja School"
Reason: A shorter version of Japanese title.

PBF11: "A Trip in Time!"
Reason: May travels in time!

PFB12: "Battle Lucy?"
Reason: This is his battle against Lucy at the Battle Pike. The question mark
is done to refence Team Rocket's plan trick in this eposide. (Jessie dresses
up as Lucy.)

PFB13: "Do Ask For Direction!"
Reason: This deals with finding your ways--so a direction title works.

That's enough of going in order for now.....but I have some ideas for later eposide....

Japanese Title: The Usohachi King and Maname Queen?
Dub Title: Staring...Bonsley and Mine Jr.?
Voiced: Ash
Reason: Similar question--and since it's a movie needing made in
this eposide, Starring--fiits as the starting word.

Japanese Title: The 'Red Inazuma' of Skyscaper!
Dub Tilte: Scthyerman Returns
Reason: The title is a pun on a certain WB blockbuster move that recently
come out--but I was going for "Cutman"--but if I was in charge and
that eposide come up--Capcom could a sent a lawsuit against PUSA. The reason for May's voice is that she's center on in this eposide.

Japanese: Usokki! The Golden Legend?
Dub Title: Gold Pokemon?
Reason: Short version of the Japanese title!

Japaanese: The Rocket-Den Breaks Up?
Dub Title: Confused Rockets?
Voice: Meowth
Reason: Shorter type of Japanese title--and some type of question.

Got to go! My mother wants the computer......

skarmachild

Cheer up.
Dr. Thinker said:
PBF1: "Ghost Battlers"
PBF2: "James's Vaction House"
PBF3: "Mudkip in Love?"
PBF4: "Battle Arena Showdown!"
PBF5: "The Real Kanto Breeding Center"
PBF6: "Does The Rival Work The Company?"
PBF7: "The Pest Of The Lake"
PBF8: "The Battle At The Dome"
PBF8: "Surpise, Eleckid!"
PBF9: "SAVE SERBII!!"
PBF10: "The Ninja School"
PBF11: "A Trip in Time!"
PFB12: "Battle Lucy?
PFB13: "Do Ask For Direction!"
Dub Title: Staring...Bonsley and Mine Jr.?
Dub Tilte: Scthyerman Returns
Dub Title: Gold Pokemon?
Dub Title: Confused Rockets?

Well they are rather shite.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
My opinions on the puns is that for the most part, they worked in Kanto and Orange Islands, properly displaying the plot and/or the Pokemon involved without being too over-the-top. The start of Johto wadn't too bad, either, but as time went on, the puns basically became just a way to showcase the Pokemon and almost none of the plot. Eventually, the title's only purpose was to push a Pokemon (or plot once in a while) pun at us, sometimes even using basically the same play on words they used for other episodes. In short, mid/later Johto up through Hoenn were nothing more than puns with almost no relevance to the plot, meant only to push the Poke of the day down our throats. I'm not saying a title shouldn't be clever if it really works, but if's it's just for the sake of making a pun of the day, I'll pass.

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
skarmachild said:
Well they are rather shite.

Well, these are Pokemon dub titles we're talking about. It isn't like they are going to win Pulitizer Prizes or anything.

Trainer Rachel

Let's do it!
Shift said:
My opinions on the puns is that for the most part, they worked in Kanto and Orange Islands, properly displaying the plot and/or the Pokemon involved without being too over-the-top. The start of Johto wadn't too bad, either, but as time went on, the puns basically became just a way to showcase the Pokemon and almost none of the plot. Eventually, the title's only purpose was to push a Pokemon (or plot once in a while) pun at us, sometimes even using basically the same play on words they used for other episodes. In short, mid/later Johto up through Hoenn were nothing more than puns with almost no relevance to the plot, meant only to push the Poke of the day down our throats. I'm not saying a title shouldn't be clever if it really works, but if's it's just for the sake of making a pun of the day, I'll pass.

Exactly.

~T. Rachel

Here are my ideas for some of the new titles:

421: The Battle at Midnight!
422: Goodbye, Chimeco; Hello Mime Jr.!
423: Mudkip's Love Story!
424: Ash in the Arena!
425: May's Breeding Experience!
426: The Silvertown Contest!
427: Dragonair's Lake!
428: The Dome Duel!
429: Elekid and The Egg!
430: The Ranger Rescue!
431: Baby Bonsly?!?
432: May in Time!
433: Lucy and the Battle Pike!
434: Victory is James!
435: Muchlax's Match!

They're not the best, but at least I tried. :D

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
How about for the first episode in Season 9, we dub it...

"Poke-Ghostbusters!" :D

(shot)

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
I'm going to go ahead and unsticky this thread and then just make a new one for the Battle Frontier season. We should be finding out the first titles for that one soon enough.