• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Dub Titles!

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
You can't be serious! It is absolutely dreadful and the worst pun since the season began. If I watch tomorrow and this is true (which seems almost certain), I will hate this episode for all time.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Serebii said:
Where's Waldo

Duh

Joe. Have you got some sort of problem with me as of late, because your attitude towards me in this thread is really starting to get on my nerves.

It's called Where's WALLY in the UK. I bought the books which where called Where's WALLYy. I bought the educational magazine called WALLY'S World. I know it as Wally, not 'Waldo'.

Duh.

Last edited:
Another Simpson spoof:

Hmm..where's Waldo..

*Waldo walks past by the Window*

IIRC.

F

Factory Head Noland

I think it's quite a good title, if I were 6 I wouldn't know what it meant, but I'm not 6, now am I?

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
The problem is that it doesn't sound like a pun, which is how, in my opinion, the titles should really sound if they're going to be puns. It sounds here like a simple (rather childish) title, despite actually being a pun, and there are much clevererer puns to use. This reminds me of titles like "Sharpedo Attack" or "Poetry Commotion", which work in a similar way, and this is not a very blatent pun like they were. Does Wally/Waldo still have a big franchise in America, because today's kiddies won't really know about it.

F

Factory Head Noland

ChaosMage said:
I only know the name Waldo from various confusing Simpsons parodies.

I remember it was said in an episode of Friends, in the doctors waiting room.

"Mommy, I can't find Waldo!"

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
ChaosMage said:
and this is not a very blatent pun like they were. Does Wally/Waldo still have a big franchise in America, because today's kiddies won't really know about it.
So what? I suspect a good majority of kids don't usually get half of the title puns anyway. I don't see why this one should be any different, even if it is more simplistic than usual~

Come to think of it, this one could pass for a japanese title :p Its on the same level as [SPOIL]Catch Snorunt![/SPOIL] and other such scarce simplistic titles you'll get from the original ~

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
Serebii said:
Maybe its more along the lines of the Philosopher's Stone & the Sorcerer's Stone in Harry Potter

They changed Philosopher because we jerky-eating homosexual Yanks are too stoopid to understand a long word like fil-as-i-fer.

:/

Anyways, this is actually one of the better titles. I never thought that they'd make a pun off of something like this.

Last edited:

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
"Where's Armaldo?" Wow, what a dud. Even my ambiguously confusing "Jurassic Pok'" would have been better.

(Note the apostrophe after the K, insinuating that "Pok" is short for "Pokémon"...I know it's not great, but it's better than this. Maybe a more sarcastic title like "Bland of the Lost" or "Valley of the Grouchy" would have been even more superior.)

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Serebii said:
Anyone got tomorrow's on their Sky Guide?
Sorry, no. Or the day after's. Anyway, I've now seen the episode and I'm not convinced. The title does rather suck (as do many lines in the episode)

Yeah it keeps saying "Ash, Brock and May continue their adventures round Hoenn" or whatever.

But as for ''Where's Armaldo'', I didn't understand the pun either since i'm english and you know its "Were's Wally" and so on, but I did remember Waldo from the Simpsons =O. Its a pretty good title purely because it says the whole point of the episode, the gang trying to find Armaldo.

I still wonder what there going to do to the Harley episode.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Sky Guide shows some episodes titles and dosen't show others..... todays is not one that is shown... I will check later,but I can't now....
but I think the best would be 'a Cacturne for the worst' I can imagine that title

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Churly said:
By England time, what time is the Harley ep going to come on?
5:00pm on toonami... sky channel 621

but it is best to turn on toonami around 4:56-4:57

Yesturday I turned it on at 4:59 and it was near the end of the intro....

lets just hope:
1) Harley remains as a male
2) they kept his name!

EDIT:

The dub title for the Izabe island ep is: A cacturne for the worst! as predicted

Harley's dub name is Harley! with a high voice and he is a male!

Max is short for Maximillius and Harley has a Yugioh characters dub voice. can't put my finger on it though

Cacturnes sounds like camerupt's but deeper

Last edited:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I love this title, and it was one of the better choices to make up for the previous one. Harley sounds sort of like Arkana or Espa Roba, high-pitched and creepy. It works far better than any other would have been.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
So Harley IS a guy? Good. Although I probably shouldn't have feared, given that the regular show isn't done by the same schmucks who did "Chronicles".

Title's all right, though I kinda suspected they'd use something like that. Probably a stronger title than my predicted "May-by, It Ain't Over 'Till It's Over", although mine does describe the episode a little better.