1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

New Dub Voice Discussion!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Serebii, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Use this thread to discuss the new Voices and Voice Actors brought into the field for the special: "Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon" & Season 9.

Don't speculate on other voices, just discuss the revealed voices

2. Hercule

Hercule average shiny hunter

In the netherlands the voices used for the movies are really really bad.

Now you can choose to listen to the English voices.
    I'm afraid that now the english voices are also different the up comming movies will turn out really different,

3. YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon Storm Trainer

Just give it a chance. I did the same with Loonatics Unleashed, and I actually liked it! But after THIS week, there's gonna only be ONE episode of Pokémon every week, and Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island will come back with new episodes.

4. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

I don't think the new voices will be in the Onix episode, or any of the rest of the episodes Kids WB will air. This is sort of a preview of the voices, they won't change in the show till Season 9.

5. MasterJedi

MasterJedi Coral Eye Trainer

You are right, the voices won't change until Season 9.

6. I hope these new voices are good! If I can't last 5 minutes with them, I will not watch the rest.

Everyone, if they get bad ratings on this special, they might change the voices back! Listen to them for 5 minutes, if you like them, KEEP WATCHING! If you don't, STOP WATCHING NOW AND WRITE A NEW LETTER!

7. zonic the hedgehog

zonic the hedgehog HUR HUR USER TITLE

If you do that, you won't get to hear all the voices. =_=

This thing wll probably recieve incredibly high ratings, for the sole fact that the internet is going loco over it, and the ad has Mewtwo, so people will watch the whole thing. I definitely know I will, just to see what the heck the special is about, first of all.

By the way, it seems that I live in Florida, and I'm going to be one of the first people to see this special. =P

(Anyone who's on GMT-5 will catch this first, unless I'm mistaken, and The WB shows it all at the same time throughout the country)

8. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

I will cry if May gets a bad voice. :/

9. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

I predict that the differences between most of characters will be ever so minor, yet a select few will still pop some vessels over it.

10. Judai Yuki

Judai Yuki Banned

Well it airs in 11 mins.

11. Porygandrew

Porygandrew Well-Known Member

Wow, they sound like they have sore throats :p And May finally hit puberty ^-^

The intro's unbearable, though -__-

Misty sounds fine, though. So does Jessie (& Pikachu^_~)

Actually it reminds me of the early Kanto episodes. The VA's not the greatest, but I'm sure they'd grow into the part. Give 'em..... eight years ;)

Brock sounds like a high-pitched Butch.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
  12. zonic the hedgehog

zonic the hedgehog HUR HUR USER TITLE

Alright, it's on right now where I live.

There's some odd opening going on, and it seems May and Max are in this special. So we'll probably hear their voices in the special somewhere.

The animation ain't half bad, either.

I'll post what I think of the voices as soon as I watch a little more of the special.

13. Ledian_X

Ledian_X Don Ledianni

My ears! These earmuffs do nothing!

LX

14. ChakiChu

ChakiChu Marsh Trainer

O.O

Ash scares me....they're ok but really....its creepy!!

15. Judai Yuki

Judai Yuki Banned

The intro is retarded anyways Ash sounds good Brock's sounds a bit bad.

16. Skittygirl

Skittygirl Skittyx2

Mistys ok.COME BACK NEW VOICES!!!!!!!The new ones stink

17. Aldrius

Aldrius Orange Champion

OHGOD. The intro... it burns! IT BURNS!

The voices are annoying. I think I'm just used to the old ones, though.

I can't stand Brocks. @__@ None of them emote of course, but neither did the old ones.

Ugh, I think it'd be better if they didn't try to imitate them. Yeah...

18. :O So Misty sounds close to normal?

May has a high/typical girly voice?

Ash sounds normal?

What about Max, James, Jessie and Brock ect? (If they get on screen, or for when they do?)

EDIT: Damn all my questions were answered pretty much xP Except like what's wrong with this intro then?

19. Brinstar

Brinstar you suffer

that intro was painful. May sounds pretty old but the others are okay by me. It's kinda surprising how close they're able to mimic the originals, even if I'm able to tell the difference.

EDIT: Oak wtf

20. mangod/pikachu

mangod/pikachu Volcano Trainer

WOW! Ash sounds horrible! I do like May's voice it makes her sound older but she's only 10 so the voice doesn't really suit her. I'm liking some of the voices that sound very accurate like Max, Misty, Jessie. However Meowth and James just sound fake. Another thing, the opening sucked...badly. I like music in the background and the animation looks better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.