• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Dub Voice Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Kamex said:
You sure they wouldn't give you guys the OK to work on the dub without them? I mean it's not like you're not working on other 4Kids dubs.

I'm no longer sure of anything :)

I know that 4Kids has been wonderful to me for the last 8 years, and that I don't stab friends in the back.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
The Big Al said:
The fact she supports Pokemon being returned to 4Kids to be turned into a souless shell tends to not make her very well liked.

Maybe I can't find your quote specifically, but I can sure as hell find Big Al's. Such as this one.

Honestly... You meet one 4Kids hater, you meet them all... As far as I'm concerned. But I'm willing to hear how "different" you are. So out with it.

Harold the Wonder Dog

Thunder Trainer
RomanMack said:
Maybe I can't find your quote specifically, but I can sure as hell find Big Al's. Such as this one.
Good, then when you argue your point, argue it towards him rather than attributing all of the opposition as such.

Honestly... You meet one 4Kids hater, you meet them all... As far as I'm concerned.
Except for when they're not all 4Kids haters to begin with.

But I'm willing to hear how "different" you are. So out with it.
Go to my profile and view all of my posts. That's simple.

Drew.

→ kill the n o i s e
Trainer Rachel said:
Oh man, that was terrible. And a little degrading, too...

Yeah I remember that comment....
I remember just thinking '......wow........' because that didn't seem like something she would say....
Ash was IC....althought I'd pause after he'd speak and try to hear Veronica saying it....in which case I'd be happy and go about watching the episode again.... ^^;;

maddiejoan said:
Sooooooo many. Here's some hilites :)

Kirby: Kawasaki, Waddledoo, Mehlman,Biblio,Tuggle,Curio
Foodons: Oslo
Yugioh: Grandpa
Funky Cops: Boogaloo
Ultimate Muscle: The entire Tusket Family
Sigma 6: Overkill
One Piece: Dr. Kureha
Cubix: Dr. K

many more --check out my listing on imdb.com

and look for me this fall on Yugi GX as Satorious (Saiou)

PS --On Slayers I was Jillas :)

Oh my gosh you were Grandpa?! Hahaha, thats freaking awesome!! oO ...^^; *used to be Yugioh obsessed.* Thinking about it, I can hear it now.... XD Dude....
and so many others...wow.... o____o thats one heck of a voice-acting talent....
I'll keep a look out for the GX character as well... I don't watch it all the time, but I can look up episode numbers online and find out which episodes you're in. XD
Man, I can see it now...
----
My mom: *walks into my room* "Hey, what do you want for din--"
Me: "Ssssshh!"
Mom: "......." o____o
Me: "....Listening for Maddie......"
Mom: "......... *closes door* ....."

((Sorry for a lightly off-topic post.... I'll stay on topc from now on...^^; ))

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
RomanMack said:
Honestly... You meet one 4Kids hater, you meet them all... As far as I'm concerned. But I'm willing to hear how "different" you are. So out with it.
I've been reading this thread for a while, and from what I seen, Harold the Wonder Dog has not shown any sign that he's biased toward 4Kids. At all. o_O

You just randomly coughed up that he was biased towards 4Kids for no damn reason. |:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
RomanMack said:

Do I hate 4Kids? Yeah, and with good reason. Because they make stupid edits, change the music, and hack apart the dialogue. I've said this numerous times. Others have said this numerous times. You ignore the trees despite the forest. We give you reasons for our distain for 4Kids and all you are willing to see is the distain.

And I don't know what PUSA and TAJ will do to the dub. I just hope in their lurking they've got the message that we want them to keep the dub as faithful to the original as possible. But I know if it stayed with 4Kids it would be more of the same.

And I'm frankly getting sick of people like you. Because I don't like the work of 4Kids I'm bad? Because I don't get along with Maddie I'm bad? No. I'm just a person with an opinion and I'll state that opinion for all willing to hear.

HoennMaster said:
He could be making it up. I want solid proof, I don't want to know who told him, just the message

I can't tell you who told me, becuase no one TOLD me. A guy who's name I cannot mention smiled and nodded his head when I mouthed "New Ash"? Now if I tell you who that is, I can't ever go to any more sessions anymore. So I'm not going to tell you. But Ash also sounded different to me as well.

It doesn't really matter though, does it? I was responding to some previous questions, and doing my best to not getting my head handed to me on a platter. You'll certainly find out in September when you see 901. But I'm curious - what possible gain could I get if I lied about if it's another Ash or not? To keep peace around here? No...I know there are going to be people who won't like *any* Ash other than Veronica. I'm just telling you what I know. I wish someone could ask me something I could really answer.

Trainer Rachel

Let's do it!
Man, I missed 4 more pages of new posts already?? Dang...

Anywho, this is getting chaotic.

I was gonna post something, but my brain is too cluttered by this mayhem to think of what that was XP

Oh yeah! I remember. To those who are skeptical as to whether PUSA will make worse edits than 4Kids: I highly doubt it. Why? Because like others have mentioned, PUSA knows of many fan's disgust for 4Kids, mainly the edits. So therefore, I think they'll keep the show very close, if not exact, to the original. Of course, I can't be sure.

old guard truthseeker said:
I wish someone could ask me something I could really answer.

Well..... how about you just give us all the information that you can?

RomanMack

Johto Champion
The Big Al said:
Do I hate 4Kids? Yeah, and with good reason. Because they make stupid edits, change the music, and hack apart the dialogue. I've said this numerous times. Others have said this numerous times. You ignore the trees despite the forest. We give you reasons for our distain for 4Kids and all you are willing to see is the distain.

And I don't know what PUSA and TAJ will do to the dub. I just hope in their lurking they've got the message that we want them to keep the dub as faithful to the original as possible. But I know if it stayed with 4Kids it would be more of the same.

And I'm frankly getting sick of people like you. Because I don't like the work of 4Kids I'm bad? Because I don't get along with Maddie I'm bad? No. I'm just a person with an opinion and I'll state that opinion for all willing to hear.
Yes. You're bad because you're giving Maddie a hard time just because she's a 4Kids actor.

Hate the damn company all you want. But don't give her a hard time just because she works for the company you hate.

You're tired of people like me, huh? Well, believe me kid... You don't know how tired I am of people who hate 4Kids and treat others poorly because of it. That's what people truely should be tired of.

It's not that your stating your opinion. It's HOW you state it. Most 4Kids haters like you need to realize this.

Also, I'm aware of what they've done. Still not a good reason for all this hate... But that's my opinion anyway. I just don't feel it's right that some of you guys are (practically) running over Maddie just because she works at 4Kids.

Drew.

→ kill the n o i s e
Well..... how about you just give us all the information that you can?

I think he already has....at least from what I've heard...
I mean, its not like he can tell us much... PUSA probably doesn't want him to...

I just don't feel it's right that some of you guys are (pratically) running over Maddie just because she works at 4Kids.

Thats what I think too....I've kinda noticed that with some people....Dont remember who they are for certain... but I have noticed it...

Trainer Rachel

Let's do it!
Drew. said:
Thats what I think too....I've kinda noticed that with some people....Dont remember who they are for certain... but I have noticed it...

I agree. Just because Maddie works for 4Kids doesn't mean you should treat her with the same hate that you have for the company.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
old guard truthseeker said:
I can't tell you who told me, becuase no one TOLD me. A guy who's name I cannot mention smiled and nodded his head when I mouthed "New Ash"? Now if I tell you who that is, I can't ever go to any more sessions anymore. So I'm not going to tell you. But Ash also sounded different to me as well.

Does he sound well...male? Ash in the special sounded too much like Richie or the generic filler boys on the show. I've had a problem with Ash's voice NOW because Ash is supposed to be older in the Advance series, since he acts like a mentor to May who is the new young character. I hope they don't make Ash sound younger than her, because that was ridiculous in the Mastermind special.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Hero of legend said:
Hey Maddie, what's your favourite Pokemon movie so far?

Also, please look at my other questions on pg. 154!:(

It's way off topic...but:

Number 8 is my fave.

Hero of legend said:
Hey Maddie, sorry if these questions have been asked already, but:

Is 4kids doing the voices of the Pokemon in Super Smash Bros Brawl, or PUSA/TAJ?

Also, what's your opinion on the game, and the Wii?

Finally, what's your opinion on 4kids doing the voices in the newer Sonic the hedgehog games?

Does the company have sympathy for the previous cast that was fired without warning or voicing their opinion?

I do realize that there's already another thread to ask questions to you, but you haven't exactly been paying attention to that thread!

1) I have no clue.

2) I'm a bad judge of video games as I am horrible at all of them

3) I can't answer for the company, but I always feel badly when actors lose work.

Hero of Legend

Advanced Missingno.
Do you voice any of the characters in the Sonic the hedgehog games?

What was your reaction when you (if you are in the Sonic games) were hired to voice in the games?

Don't mind me asking this next one, but is there anyway to get the previous actors to voice the characters in the Sonic games again? This change has not only infuriated the fans worldwide (or at least here in North America), but hundreds or even thousands of fans are boycotting the games because of the change!

It's not that I'm mad at you or the other voice actors, I respect you and the others a whole lot, it's the people in charge of the whole change that I've lost virtually all my respect for!

If I may make a suggestion (which you'll probably think is stupid and mean!),

But what would happen if you and the other voice actors refused to voice the characters in the games, maybe Sega or 4kids (which ever made the change), will rehire the previous actors!

Like I said, it's not you guys I disrespect, it's Sega and the 4kids company I disrespect! I hope you take my suggestion as not an insult, but rather a way to help those actors who lost their jobs!:(

Besides, you guys are already voicing in Sonic X (although it may be cancelled as it's not in the fall lineup on 4kidsTV, and there's no news of a fourth season/series!).

Speaking of which, have you heard if there is a new season/series (which ever it referred as) is being made at all?

Trainer Rachel

Let's do it!
Heh... while I love Sonic, I really don't think Maddie is any of the voices for it, and I doubt she wants to discuss yet another chaotic situation...

Hero of Legend

Advanced Missingno.
Trainer Rachel said:
Heh... while I love Sonic, I really don't think Maddie is any of the voices for it, and I doubt she wants to discuss yet another chaotic situation...

You have a very good point!

To Maddie: It's alright if you don't want to discuss about it, you don't always have to answer a question, it won't offend me if you just said for example "I wouldn't mind not talking about it"!

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
If people are allowed to whine and whine about how 'evil' 4Kids is, I have every right to do the same about how I feel that PUSA is evil.

That is my last damn word on the subject until September. And don't say I didn't warn you when my prediction is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.