• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Dub Voice Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
I don't think we will get a clear-cut answer if old guard truthseeker is really Carter Cathcart until either him himself or Maddie comfirms it. No jumping to conclusions here.

On a side note, too many important people on these boards. [IMG139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif[/IMG139]

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This thread has more drama and angst in it than a soap opera airing on daytime ABC.

Reading through this thread from beginning to end is enough to put anyone in a hospital.

Trainer Rachel

Let's do it!
CyberCubed said:
This thread has more drama and angst in it than a soap opera airing on daytime ABC.

Reading through this thread from beginning to end is enough to put anyone in a hospital.

Haha, and I'd say it's more interesting than a soap opera as well.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Harold the Wonder Dog said:
Wow. And that reaction is not because that names means something to me as it apparently does to the some of the other posters after you said that, but just wow in regards to someone with your personal background resorting to general concept and tactic of outing someone in any way, shape, or form.

outing? I'm just making an educated guess is all. Was it outing when everyone else made their guesses? Don't I get to play guess the mystery man?

Oh that's right. I'm evil.

Kuroshi

maddiejoan said:
outing? I'm just making an educated guess is all. Was it outing when everyone else made their guesses? Don't I get to play guess the mystery man?

There is a difference, and you are well aware of that. This is exactly the kind of behavior that puts you the actors, and 4Kids itself in a bad light.

Last edited:

RomanMack

Johto Champion
Oh yes, becuase it's defenetly they're fault for what 4Kids does.

Bah. Exactly what do they do that makes them and 4Kids hang in the "bad light"?

Kuroshi

The rather petty behavior the members of the main cast have been exhibiting since day one. I have seen many of the 4Kids VA's (which are ironically considered to be the 'lesser' VA's) take a mature, and non-combative view on this. Even the company itself has moved on, but the stunts that the 'main four' have been pulling in this constant grudge against TAJ/PUSA only makes themselves look bad, and that does reflect on 4Kids, considering they have all stated their loyalty to the company. I know that if I were Khan or Grossfield, I'd have put a stop to this travesty ages ago.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
Honestly, I really don't see the "petty" behaviour. You guys are giving her a hard time when she goes to say that she's sad that she lost a role she likes. Yeah, as a profesional, she should know stuff like that happens. However, that doesn't mean that the stuff that happens can't suck.

On top of that you guys are ALWAYS giving her a hard time... What's she to do? Agree with all the points you guys make? Answer every question you guys want to be answered? It doesn't work that way, nor should it.

So really... I don't see this petty behaviour. And to top it off... You guys are being pretty petty too, so I guess the blame is on both sides.

Kuroshi

So who among us was holding the gun to Eric Stuart's head when he wrote this noob-ish little ditty?
Eric Stuart said:
URGENT: IT SEEMS THAT POKEMON USA IS IT'S INFINITE GREED HAS DECIDED TO TAKE POKEMON AND RE-CAST ALL OF THE ORIGINAL STARS TO SAVE MONEY. THEY PLAN ON RECORDING A 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL WITH ALL NEW ACTORS AS WELL AS DOING THE NEXT SEASON WITH NEW ACTORS. THEY FEEL THAT THE VOICES DON'T MATTER AND THAT TAJ PRODUCTIONS CAN DO THE SAME QUALITY OF WORK THAT 4 KIDS HAS DONE.

WRITE THE WB-WRITE THE FAN SITES. 4 KIDS TRIED TO SAVE THE SHOW BUT POKEMON USA IS MORE INTERESTED IN THEIR WALLETS THAN THE QUALITY OF THE SHOW. THE FANS MUST SPEAK UP!!!!!

ARE YOUR READY FOR A NEW ASH, BROCK, MAY, MAX, JAMES, JESSIE AND MEOWTH?!!!

Veronica must have been attacked also.
Veronica Taylor said:
At this moment Cartoon Network is talking with Pokemon USA and Nintendo about negotiating a deal for next season. Whether they know that the show they potentially acquire is a very badly done 'fake' is unknown. We need as many people as possible to flood them with emails letting them know that the 'special' we all saw on Saturday was beyond unacceptable. The actors, other than being lackluster and unable to fit the flap, lacked any emotion or character. The script was amateurish and flat. There was no direction. The Pokemon themselves all sounded incredibly different from the original show and video games. It was more violent than any other Pokemon episode has ever been. It was in no way up to the standards which have been set over the past eight years by 4kids, Nintendo and the WB. Are we all expected to simply sit by as Pokemon USA lies to everyone, saying the show will be "exactly the same", even though they have replaced every single element? We have now seen, through the fiasco which was the 10th anniversary special, that this is far from the truth. Please send emails immediately to the two executives at Turner Network (below) and warn them before they make a mistake they will certainly regret for a very long time. Bring Pokemon back to 4kids before it's too late.
Thank you in advance!
Sincerely,
Veronica Taylor
And what do ya know? Lillis got zombiefied too.

Racheal Lillis said:
At the risk of sounding melodramatic, I feel like something's
been stolen from me. Someone took my ideas and my work and
approximated it and is getting paid for it.

And of course Maddie's comments have been seen multiple times.

And no one is asking Maddie to agree to anything, people are just sick of the her feeding the 'OMG Pokemon will die without the old cast! Let's lynch anything new and different' attitude. Witch hunts went out with the middle-ages.

Last edited:

Shift

I'll learn you good!
On another note, I really hope PUSA doesn't feel obligated to dip into the archives for every old Pokemon voice. I'd much rather have a fresh performance, and quite honestly, I probably wuldn't mis a lot of those voices, anyway. No offense, but it got really tiresome when Eric Stewart started voicing half of the Pokemon shown, and I didn't like many of those voices at all, even without seeing the original Japanese. Absol (I heard it's original voice in the special, which fits it so much better than the English deep voice), Zangoose, Ludicolo, baby Squirtle, Hitmonlee (I'm pretty sure he was the one giving that really high-pitched performance), etc. So if you read this, OGT, and if you're allowed any ounce of input, please let them know that they can, and should use the original Japanese when they can, and fresh performances besides.

By the way, anyone know if there's a site where I could just hear clips of all the English and/or Japanese Pokemon to compare them?

Last edited:

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Kuroshi said:
There is a difference, and you are well aware of that. This is exactly the kind of behavior that puts you the actors, and 4Kids itself in a bad light.

enlighten me as to what that difference is. I don't see it.

Wes

Iblis Wings
I saw him credited as the voice director in the special, and he also voices Vector the Crocodile in Sonic X and the games (under 4Kids), but could it really be OGT's true identity?

You guys suggesting that OTG is the same guy who invented the infamous quote, "FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM!"? Or perhaps it's a different Carter for a different role.

Shift said:
I saw him credited as the voice director in the special, and he also voices Vector the Crocodile in Sonic X and the games (under 4Kids), but could it really be OGT's true identity?

Me? Cathcart? I'm a friend of his. I came to his defense when he was getting trashed up and down the block for being hailed as a C- adapter, or, as some original VAs stated, was either not the current adapter or wasn't the previous adapter (since it was repeated over and over that the whole original Pokemon team was gone), depending on your point of view. I'm not NewBrock either. But as long as people want to talk about that, of course anyone can.

Also, as far as I know Cathcart's never directed anything anime-wise, and it was Jimmy Zoppi who was Vector - I think.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Why am I not surprised that this thread is still going?:rolleyes:

I've never seen people hold a grudge for this long. Especially you Maddie. Sorry I had to say that but this has been going on for a month.

I've failed one of the inside subjects of my course and was told to try again for that next year but at least I still go on to the next stage. I was told this two days ago. I was upset and grew a hatred for my teacher since he gave everyone a resubmit and not me.
I now understand why I didn't get a resubmit. I attempted to do a resubmit despite what he said and I never got it finished. The original piece was terrible and I had to restart from scratch. Never ended up resubmitting. He knew I wuldn't be able to get it fixed in 2 days. I am over that and am now getting on with my life. While 2 other students in the class still hold a grudge against him.

It's interesting how people can't stop holding a grudge against things and really it does tear you apart if you can't let go. I say if PUSA destroys the anime then let them because seriously if they're stupid enough to do that then it's on their own heads and believe me their mother company "Nintendo" will blast them worse than 4kids. Also Pokemon kind of left it's origin when May and Max came in and Misty left. I still think PUSA has potential though. They just need to hire someone who knows what they're doing. If they can't do that then that's it isn't it. Cartoons come and go all the time. According to my dad, Pokemon has outdone it's stay anyway. It's had a good run. I think there's still potential though as long as the new VA's try their best it should be at least a little decent.

I'm over it now and really don't care what happens to Pokemon anymore. It will either be successful and people will stop complaining or it will be a failure and die and people will stop complaining. I just want the arguing to stop and I don't care how anymore. I prefer my games more now after the complaining that people have been putting on and in all honesty it's the complaining that's turned me off.

I now treat Pokemon like any other cartoon already and we in Australia haven't finished the 8th season. I am collecting the episodes for the story and animation now (got Destiny Deoxys through the mail recently) and really don't care anymore who dubs it. I want to see the Battle Fronteir season but I really don't care who dubs anymore as long as it is being shown.

I'm over it and am getting on with my life.=P

Last edited:

Harold the Wonder Dog

Thunder Trainer
maddiejoan said:

Well, there's quite a difference. First, previous to your "educated guess", as you call it, it was already noted that OGT would not or could not reveal himself or his sources by name, or the result would be the sources would dry up. Chances are you personally know OGT to some degree as well, so any "educated guess" made by you is different when compared to any guesses made by the fans on here. You are acquainted with him whereas they are not. Finally, there's the manner in which you did it, quoting the last thing he said and not even responding to what he said, but dismissing him as you attempted to out his identity. So that's why your "educated guess" is not so innocent as you'd like to claim.

Oh, and again, you're wrong. You're not evil, but you are 45 and should know better, or at the very least be better at pulling off what you attempted.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Harold the Wonder Dog said:
Well, there's quite a difference. First, previous to your "educated guess", as you call it, it was already noted that OGT would not or could not reveal himself or his sources by name, or the result would be the sources would dry up. Chances are you personally know OGT to some degree as well, so any "educated guess" made by you is different when compared to any guesses made by the fans on here. You are acquainted with him whereas they are not. Finally, there's the manner in which you did it, quoting the last thing he said and not even responding to what he said, but dismissing him as you attempted to out his identity. So that's why your "educated guess" is not so innocent as you'd like to claim.

Oh, and again, you're wrong. You're not evil, but you are 45 and should know better, or at the very least be better at pulling off what you attempted.

I find it more interesting that you don't hold OGT to the same standards as you hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.