• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Dub Voice Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
People please be civil and stop this fued :/

Wes

Iblis Wings
Also, as far as I know Cathcart's never directed anything anime-wise, and it was Jimmy Zoppi who was Vector - I think.

A-HA! Bingo! So it was Zoppi after all who invented that quote! Case Close for that one!

This thread has more drama and angst in it than a soap opera airing on daytime ABC.

Reading through this thread from beginning to end is enough to put anyone in a hospital.

Gee don't you think that is a bit overexaggerating on your part CyberCubed? Granted there is some angst, drama, comedy, and etc, but to put them in a hospital? And more then Daytime ABC even? I mean I know your joking and all but still... or are you not joking? Meh I'm not good at this on the internet.

Last edited:

Harold the Wonder Dog

Thunder Trainer
maddiejoan said:
I find it more interesting that you don't hold OGT to the same standards as you hold me.

I would, if I saw anything as unprofessional or manipulative that would hurt the franchise coming from him as I believe it has from you. If you have any examples, please share, and I'd be happy to review them.

Wes said:
A-HA! Bingo! So it was Zoppi after all who invented that quote! Case Close for that one!

I'm confused. If Vector is Zoppi, then wasn't he just doing a pre-written line from either the show and/or video game? I don't really know what you're talking about - forgive the ignorance.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Serebii said:
People please be civil and stop this fued :/

And in that spirit, I'm go to leave this thread.
If anyone has any questions about my time as Meowth --I'll answer them in the "Ask Maddie" thread.

I'll close my participation here just saying that all in all I've been quite pleased and proud to have had the chance to be a part of Pokemon these last 8 years.

I'd like to wish the new cast all the good luck and well wishes I can, and to those of you who plan to watch the new Pokemon --do so! Enjoy it!

Pokemon is a wonderful program, with characters that care about each other and it's fun as well.

To those in SOVA...

Thank you. Your care and concern has touched my heart more than you will ever know.

Blaustein Off,

Maddie

Shift

I'll learn you good!
old guard truthseeker said:
Me? Cathcart? I'm a friend of his. I came to his defense when he was getting trashed up and down the block for being hailed as a C- adapter, or, as some original VAs stated, was either not the current adapter or wasn't the previous adapter (since it was repeated over and over that the whole original Pokemon team was gone), depending on your point of view. I'm not NewBrock either. But as long as people want to talk about that, of course anyone can.

Also, as far as I know Cathcart's never directed anything anime-wise, and it was Jimmy Zoppi who was Vector - I think.
Okay, so now we know. Yeah, I made a mistake about him being the voice director; he was in charge of script adaptation, and someone named C.J. Cathcart was the adaptation consultant, but I know for a fact that Carter Cathcart was credited for a voice role in the Shadow the Hedgehog video game when Jimmy Zoppi (who only voiced Vector in the first Sonic X episode the Chaotix appeared in) wasn't. So no, Zoppi isn't Vector, at least not currently. Cathcart, as he plays at least one Sonic character, is most likely Vector.
Wes said:
Yeah, read the above.

Last edited:
Shift said:
Okay, so now we know. Yeah, I made a mistake about him being the voice director; he was in charge of script adaptation, and someone named C.J. Cathcart was the adaptation consultant, but I know for a fact that Carter Cathcart was credited for a voice role in the Shadow the Hedgehog video game when Jimmy Zoppi (who only voiced Vector in the first Sonic X episode the Chaotix appeared in) wasn't. So no, Zoppi isn't Vector, at least not currently. Cathcart, as he plays at least one Sonic character, is most likely Vector.

Yeah, read the above.

Hmmm...I think 4 Kids made a mistake then. It wouldn't be the first time they've done that. I know Cathcart used to do voices years ago for things like Slayers, but I don't think he's actually had any time to voice anything for 4 Kids. He was writing scripts for them at the time, but he didn't write anything other than Pokemon - that I AM sure of. He wrote the Mastermind adaptation too, and his son CJ did a lot of work with names and attacks. That's where those credits came from. But his days with 4 Kids are over.

Zoids11

Nintendo Believer
I just watched Mastermind of the Mirage Pokemon. I cringed when "Ash" first opened his mouth. Horrible voices. If they aren't gonna give us the awesome VA's back, at least get some VAs with talent.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
Hmmm...I think 4 Kids made a mistake then. It wouldn't be the first time they've done that. I know Cathcart used to do voices years ago for things like Slayers, but I don't think he's actually had any time to voice anything for 4 Kids. He was writing scripts for them at the time, but he didn't write anything other than Pokemon - that I AM sure of. He wrote the Mastermind adaptation too, and his son CJ did a lot of work with names and attacks. That's where those credits came from. But his days with 4 Kids are over.
If that's the case, I guess they're gonna have to find a third voice for Vector now. At least the people who weren't satisfied with it will have another chance to be happy...

Shift said:
If that's the case, I guess they're gonna have to find a third voice for Vector now. At least the people who weren't satisfied with it will have another chance to be happy...

I don't think Zoppi's there any more as well, and I believe it was he who did Vector. I'll ask around. I know that other characters Zoppi did like Gary Oak and that crazed bug trainer Weevil in Yuggioh! are being done by others now, if at all.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
I don't think Zoppi's there any more as well, and I believe it was he who did Vector. I'll ask around. I know that other characters Zoppi did like Gary Oak and that crazed bug trainer Weevil in Yuggioh! are being done by others now, if at all.
Well, yeah, that's what I said; both Zoppi and Cathcart won't be voicing Vector, so it'll have to be a new, third person. Also, since he's still on Pokemon (as James, Meowth, and Prof. Oak), there's no reason he couldn't still play Gary if the character ever comes on the show again, and the original Yu-Gi-Oh! is over, so there's no more Weevle, anyway.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
SOS! Its Not Healthy.. said:
And PokemonTrainerLisa, I like how you poured your heart about your post, it actually got to me.
Aww......

Thank you very much, SOS! Its Not Healthy.. ^^

CyberCubed said:
This thread has more drama and angst in it than a soap opera airing on daytime ABC.

Reading through this thread from beginning to end is enough to put anyone in a hospital.
Yes, I would definitely agree with you there, CyberCubed.

I mean, I've been on Pokemon forums for years. But never have I seen a thread quite as dramatic as this one. O_O

And I'm not sure if it would be enough to actually put someone in the hospital (that would depend on just how sensitive you are to everything that's going on here), but this thread would definitely put a huge amount of stress on anyone.

(since it was repeated over and over that the whole original Pokemon team was gone)
Aww, reading that line just made me realize even more how much I've lost......

And I really wish the whole Pokemon team wasn't gone. I mean, it's the 10th Anniversary of Pokemon, and that just seems like a shame to me.

I loved the original team, and not just the VAs either. Along with the voice actors, I also liked both Michael Haigney and Norman Grossfeld a lot. I think that might be partly due to the commentaries I heard those guys in. But, anyway, they still seem like really nice guys and I'd love to meet them in person sometime.

It was always nice to hear them joke around like that, and they seem to have a pretty good sense of humor on those commentaries. And I think I can see why the guys at 4Kids like putting puns in the episode titles so much (now they didn't mention the pun-titles on any of the commentaries, but they DID say many interesting things about puns being used in the Japanese version, like for example how it's hard to always translate the puns correctly - especially if it's a visual pun).

maddiejoan said:
To those in SOVA...

Thank you. Your care and concern has touched my heart more than you will ever know.

Blaustein Off,

Maddie
Wow!

Thank you so much, Maddie! ^_^

That's very nice to hear. And I'm glad that we've touched your heart. :)

Hopefully, we've also touched the hearts of the other VAs as well. Afterall, that is one of the things we at SOVA are hoping to accomplish, besides getting you all back on Pokemon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.