• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Dub Voice Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alopec

Still Dreaming...
The sad thing is, Misty sounds the best out of all of them. Yet of course she's the one who we won't see again for a very long time...

May's voice is deeper than I expected...

Ash is awful. ><; He reminds me of somebody... not sure who... maybe Richie?

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
Brock sounds OLD. Like OLD OLD.

celebi2k

Beginning Trainer
It's only 5 mins into it but ash and brock sounds horrible. Misty sounds like normal but it dont matter since she is not a main char. I can learn to accept may's voice. Did james get a voice over?? Max sounds horrible too but i always hated max so i dont care how his voice sonds. Oak sounds horrible as well but he's not a main char either so it dont bother me. I just have to get used to it i guess.

And they only showing 1 new pokemon a week now?? That sucks.

Rex Kamex

The plus side is that they're using original Japanese music, but we'll all have to get used to these new voices. Misty seems the most original. Ash sounds like a grown up version of Dub Koby from One Piece.

Just remember, we didn't know how the voices would sound until after we've heard them.

EDIT: Man, this thread is gonna increase with posts as fast as the Signature/Avatar Disappearance thread.

Wes

Iblis Wings
.....Wow.....just wow. The voices were way off from what I expected....pueberty indeed will have to be explained then! The Rockets sound oddly cooler to me though...

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
Judai Yuki said:
May,Jessie,James and Meowth sound the same.

I thought that.

Ash sounds like he went through puberty. (I hope I can say that word on here. xD) Plus, Ash's voice sounds really familar, and I don't know why.

Max's is horrible sounds constapated(sp?) him and Brock are the only bad ones.Ash sounds a little out of character though but his voice isnt bad.

whit19

Fire boy
lol, this is the only time they'll show that openin theme right...?

Anyway, Misty and Pikachu sound the same. I like May's voice and I thought Ash's was... ok, I guess. Brock kinda sounds like he's strugglin to keep his voice. Meowth sounds like he's tryin to hard to sound like the old one and James just sounds retarded. They completely messed up Prof.Oak's voice...

Well... This new voice cast has got me interested in the anime again. :p

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Oh dear, my poor Brock. ;_; Now I'm going to be cringing waiting for the special to appear on YouTube so I can hear it for myself.

Nice to know that the girls all sound all right, though. That's something.

Ash-Horrible
May-Horrible
Max-Good
Jessie-Good
Meowth-Good
Everyone Else-Bad

Ash kinda sounds more like Richie now...only Max sounds close enough to not be noticable (well, he sounds older, since he's getting older you know)

Last edited:

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
Wow, I had no idea that some of the characters would sound like Sonic VAs. o_O

Misty has Wave's voice, Ash has a voice I sorta recognize... I can't exactly remember...

Misty's is very good, actually. Too bad she won't be around much after this special. :\
Hey, does anybody else reconize Ash's voice from somewhere else? I swear I've heard it before....

Yeah... I KNOW I've heard that somewhere...

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Ash finally sounds like a boy.
May doesn't squeak.
Brock could use some work but I like the voice.
Max is different but not better or worse.
Misty sounds about the same.
Jessie and James are over doing it. The voices are okay but they could lose the accents.
Meowth: Sounds alright too.

And you people were worried they'd suck.

ShinyCelebi

Volcano Trainer
"Mistys ok.COME BACK NEW VOICES!!!!!!!The new ones stink"

You just contradicted yourself.

Anyways, the new cast of becides Misty, need work. Ash sounds alittle bad, and Brocks new voice over actor needs to be seriously fired. I don't think any "work at it" type thinking will work with that one.

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
I like Misty's new voice. I can handle that.

But serious, the other voices? I'm still in shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.