• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Dub Voice Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gliese

Banned
zonic the hedgehog said:
If you do that, you won't get to hear all the voices. =_=

This thing wll probably recieve incredibly high ratings, for the sole fact that the internet is going loco over it, and the ad has Mewtwo, so people will watch the whole thing. I definitely know I will, just to see what the heck the special is about, first of all.

By the way, it seems that I live in Florida, and I'm going to be one of the first people to see this special. =P

(Anyone who's on GMT-5 will catch this first, unless I'm mistaken, and The WB shows it all at the same time throughout the country)
i live in ohio and im watching it now and THEY ARE TERRIBLE THE VOICES ARE GIVING ME A HEAD ACE AND THE ACTING IS SO TERRIBLE

Jo-Jo said:
Oh dear, my poor Brock. ;_; Now I'm going to be cringing waiting for the special to appear on YouTube so I can hear it for myself.

Nice to know that the girls all sound all right, though. That's something.
You and me both Jo-Jo. D:! *Wonders what'll happen to Harley and Drew ect when they reappear* ;O;!

Wow Brock sounds really old? Older than say 20? Or by Old you mean old man old?

K

Kit-Bit

What the hell was that thing Misty did with her voice when she said "Professor! Behind you!" Was she supposed to be yelling? ^_^ Ha! I just found that funny.

I like Ash's voice, actually. I'm undecided on May's, the others I don't care.

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
mangod/pikachu said:
HOLY CRAP! Ash sounds Luffy someone from One Piece!

He does! It clicks in!

Prof. Oak's voice is killing me.

Deathborn_606

Power of the mind
The new voices....SUCK!

Ash's new voice Sucks.
Misty's new voice sucks {but not as bad}
Brocks' new voice really sucks
Max and May's new voices suck
And Professor Oaks' voice is the suckest voice of them all.

Thank god these sucky voices don't come out till Season 9.

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
mangod/pikachu said:
HOLY CRAP! Ash sounds Luffy someone from One Piece!

*click* there we go! Exactly what I was trying to think.

One thing I find VERY odd is that these VAs ARE 4kids VAs... and they're the worst ones... ;_;

ftw? The voices... ugh they aren't good to me. May sounds so... old. ;; All the voices 'cept Misty's are bad. Just bad. >< ;;

Okay
May-2/10 bad
Max-8/10 bad
Brock-7/10 bad
Ash-1/10 bad
Jessie/James/Meowth-Great
Misty-Great

Aldrius

Orange Champion
That was hilarious. No one thought to help the old man run away? Hehe.

Yeah, the rap intro is crap...

"DON'T LIKE KANTO? HOW ABOUT JOOOHHTTOOO!"

Aw. I wanna see what pokemon Oak has with him. ;__;

"GO DEOXYS!!"

Wow. What a weird way of getting rid of May, Max and Brock...

"IN YOUR TIME OF NEED I'M GONNA GO ON A DATE!!" "May and Max... you guys better stay here! Silly Kids."

Atari

Did it on 'em
Silverchan said:
I like Misty's new voice. I can handle that.

But serious, the other voices? I'm still in shock.
Although you can still tell the differences, it's still the same enough to handel. But when I actually listened to the new VA's, my ears were about to go deaf. Ash's voise sucks, Brock sounds more like an old idiot about to jump off a cliff, May sounds like a prostitute, Max sounds 5 years older, and Oak sounds, well, different.

I've been watching the anime ever since I was in 1st grade. Hearing these new voises just takes the fun away. :)p Yes, you guys can agree.) Expect updates from me soon.

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
zonic the hedgehog said:
*click* there we go! Exactly what I was trying to think.

One thing I find VERY odd is that these VAs ARE 4kids VAs... and they're the worst ones... ;_;

I wonder how the old VAs feel right now...

Rex Kamex

Man, I was afraid this thread would turn out like this. Anyway, it's amazing how they're going back to pronouncing Pokemon "Po-Kuh-Mon" again. Somehow, I missed that. Nostalgia, I guess. Yeah, that's it.

K

Kit-Bit

May's voice is great - IF SHE WERE A 30-YEAR-OLD LAW PROFESSOR. But she's 10. May should have Misty's VA and Misty should have May's so things can be, I don't know, realistic?

I like Brock's. *Shrug*

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
Ash sounds horrible. May sounds ok, Max sounds so-so and brock sounds horrible.

Jessie James and Meowth are fine

Oak is bad

Misty was good

OVERALL: the old voices are better

These are the voice we'll be stuck with?

celebi2k

Beginning Trainer
I didn't see the intro. I set my tivo up to tape at 10.00 the intro must of came on at 9.57 or something.

Heh.They wont be seen until the end of this thing.Anyways we'll probably see James again so sense people said Volt Tackle that means 2 options.
a)We'll see Jame's [SPOIL]Manene[/SPOIL]
b)Mewtwo deletes Pikachu's memory so it forgets Volt Tackle
;p

Heigani

Oblivious Crustacean
It appears I missed it. Too bad I can't get to listen to their voices. (It's unlikely it'd've aired on a channel I have access too anyway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.