• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Earthbound video game without Shigesato Itoi's involvement?!

MiloticTwins

Do, you think that there will be any plans for a new Earthbound video game without Shigesato Itoi's involvement, whether a fourth installment in or spinoff or reboot of the original Earthbound franchise? If not, please let me know why not?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Nope.

The series has long been complete, and there's little reason for a reboot.

Remasters? Maybe. New Earthbound/Mother games are extremely unlikely in the near or far future though.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Itoi has basically confirmed that there aren't going to be any more entries in the Mother series. I think he said something along the lines of, 'I'd like to be the player next time, instead of the one creating the game'. Nintendo really has no apparent interest in the series, outside of Ness and Lucas being in Smash. So them making a new Mother game is pretty much a definite 'no'.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
You have to remember that Nintendo cares so very little about the Mother series that the company won’t release the third game to the rest of the world or the remaster that Japan got along with the Mother 2 Amiibo. And the first game is only playable to those who have a Wii U outside of Japan which isn’t as many players who could become potential fans of the series as there could be. Not every Wii U owner will download Earthbound Beginnings.