• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Ending Info

Faerie

MONS
Sure it's a marketing ploy, but when you think about it, the entire anime is one for the games, so what's new there? As for the actual ending, it's really nothing special, but I don't dislike it.

Also, apparently the notched-ear pichu is a girl. o.o For some reason I found that surprising.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Faerie if your saying that the Anime is mostly for the games true and if your saying what is the point for the ending its cause of the movie. But it could be to advertise the 2 pichus to be special in a g*shot*

milenadrg

So, that Retarded Ear is just fur, it's nothing special, Pichu just looks weird and don't have any specail power? Those two Pichu are looking remarkable to those previous, Pichu Brothers...
I liked the song...

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
So, that Retarded Ear is just fur, it's nothing special, Pichu just looks weird and don't have any specail power? Those two Pichu are looking remarkable to those previous, Pichu Brothers...
I liked the song...
While yes its just fur it does have a role to saving the world in the movie we just dont know how and i think its advertising more then a movie...

I gots a question, would it, in theory, be possibly to have a pikachu coloured knotched ear pichu?
Yes cause PCP is the politically correct term by Gamefreak for shiny pichu. So in theory if you have a shiny notch ear pichu you would have a pikachu colored notch ear pichu OR a PCNEP. These fancy terms are getting out of hand me thinks.

Faerie

MONS
Faerie if your saying that the Anime is mostly for the games true and if your saying what is the point for the ending its cause of the movie. But it could be to advertise the 2 pichus to be special in a g*shot*
I don't really get what you're saying. Are you saying that you thought I wanted to know what the point of the ED was? I get the point of it, and I've got nothing against it. I know it's to advertise the pichus.

I kind of wonder what the pichus will be doing in the movie, though. It looks as serious as the other movies, and I hope they won't just toss them aside when the action starts happening (which, as I recall, is what happened to Tooi's Plusle and Minun). That would kind of be a waste of advertising.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
Thoughts

Sure it's a marketing ploy, but when you think about it, the entire anime is one for the games, so what's new there? As for the actual ending, it's really nothing special, but I don't dislike it.

It's true: this entire anime is based on and made to promote the video games. And it just happened to beget a spin-off industry, complete with specialized stores for such merchandise. No doubt a reflection of the series's (games and anime) popularity. Pokemon wasn't created to turn nations into shopaholics (read the cover story from EGM #124, 1999)

And Pokemon's not the only animation that does this. What about The Simpson's merchandising phenomenon of the early 90's? And how is a Pokemon Center different from the Disney Store or the long-defunct Warner Bros. Store?

Last edited:

firelovindocker

sure it's a publicity stunt for pokemon i know,
but to be honest it's shitty,
the songs good but the actual ending:
first we see a NE pichu siloette dancing
then we see it to play/fight with PCP pichu
then the most popluar group pokemon dance/martial arts with them
and like.... WTF!
they don't showcase anything from the actual anime, god it sucks

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Watched this subbed.

This is like the first Japanese song I've ever read the lyrics to that actually seems to make sense. Although I do find it a bit amusing how the song apparently thinks getting lost and crying are what girls do. :0

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I too thought that entire sequence was pretty damn condescending, and as such, all sorts of funny.
I'm quite surprised the likes of Weedle and the rest of the guys who live to yell 'sexist' at the tip of a hat have yet to spontaniously combust over this little gem. Hint, hint!

As for the song itself, I've began to warm up to it a little. Leaving it on loop for over an hour and lacking any motivation to turn it off will do that to ya.

Janovy

Banned
And what about new intro. They didn't change the intro either.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Seeing as how I dodged all apocalyptic bunker-building in preparation for the Pichu onslaught, perhaps I should take this brief reprieve to finally comment on the damn ending:
This is a way better ending than the Pochama one. Forget the marketing involved with both; the song in this is catchy, the animation is great, and it almost makes me want to...*shudder*...buy their toys. I still prefer the first two DP endings, but this certainly is not as dreadful as feared.

milenadrg

Chimchar is in the ending, too and it's evoloving soon, isn't that right? That means it's Monferno replacement will be too big? I will laugh if there will be Infernape replacement in the ending...