1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

New Ending January 5

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Pepsi_Plunge, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Revealed in the scan with Krokorok.

Tks to Bluesun for translating it on Bulbagarden.

Opinion:

I like it, not a fan of the current one, like I said in the other thread, hoping for a opening soon now, stop being lazy animators XD.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  2. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

BAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! I hope it is...I hope it is...

Singing Sommelier toujou! ~Dento no thema~

I just hope my hopes aren't shattered. T_T

3. Akira Takamedo

Akira Takamedo Well-Known Member

Excellent, I'm not a fan of the current ending all too much. It's fun, but it wears thin after awhile.

4. Banana Knight Arthur

Banana Knight Arthur NEGATIVE MINUS

About damn time. How about a new opening?

5. Dax

Dax R.I.P Dax

I'm very excited to skip this ending like I have skipped the others.

6. spikyearedpichu

spikyearedpichu Dawn of the XY Era

Oh fudge!!! I got excited thinking it was a new opening!! -_- Oh well!!!

7. Maxim

Maxim Beyond repair

Why not a new OP?

The current OP is:
    1. There for too long.
    2. The worst one animation-wise
    3. One of the worst music-wise
    4. Not working anymore because it was just a gimmick to promote new Pokemon and add surprise factor. Now it's not needed.

8. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

No character specific endings until we get a new opening, that shows off Ash's Pokemon. Even if Ash's Pokemon would show up in the supposed character specific ending. The focus will clearly still be about said specific character, that any other Pokemon would get a small "cameo" at best.

Edit: I think the Japanese are mean. They'll change the ending 50 times before they touch the ending. I know the ending can be skipped and all, so there's no reason to have an ending. But don't you think the opening most of us are forced into watching should be replaced more than the ending.

What is up with Japanese and their obsession with keeping the opening like it is for long periods of time. And yet we have like about 4-5 endings for Best Wishes already. At least change the freaking Pokemon on the opening. Gosh.

9. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

D=

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/5-3.png[/IMG139]

It would draw in the fans so well though ;_; Mamo-chan singing > Ash's Pokemon that we see almost everyday

10. dman_dustin

But what to the writers care about my opinion, so you'll probably get your character specific ending.

Yes because we see Tranquill, Scraggy, Swadloon, Palpitoad Roggenrola/Boldore in every episode.

Plus I did say they could have character specific endings if they just change the opening, and shove all of Ash's Pokemon in there Yes, including his 1-4 gen Pokemon as well.

11. Pepsi_Plunge

What writers dman? lool wtf.

The openings are done by the animators, they probably just ask what is the team at that time and make the opening based on that, they probably have reunions together to get some ideas together but bottom line that is up to the animators.

12. dman_dustin

I'm sure the writers have some role into making openings and endings, even if it's a small role.

I highly doubt the animators have full control over openings and endings, outside of just animating them.

It's like almost saying an episode is done entirely by the animation staff, and its up to the animation staff to say what gets to happen in an episode.

Openings and Endings are NO different than commercials, movies, or episodes. Someone has to write something about it about what they want the opening or ending to be about. Usually we call that person a writer.

I don't care if one of the animators wrote the "script" of the opening or ending, he or she would still be considered a writer. The animator is only responsible for making the "script" come to life.

I'm sure it wasn't the animators solely that had Oshawott keep its eyes closed prior to mastering aqua jet. I'm sure the writers specifically told the animators to make it like that.

So it's up to a writer to determine what goes on in the opening and ending. Like I said the animator just brings it to life.

Otherwise we might as well be saying the music director or whatever is actually in charge of openings and endings, since the themes do have a large role in the opening or ending probably more so than the animators. Since the openings and endings, usually reflect the song. We're not going to have a song about Ash kicking tail, and just have Misty, May, Dawn, and Iris show up in all the scenes. We'd clearly get some battling scenes with Ash.

13. Pepsi_Plunge

No like I said its a joint work but the final quality is not up to the writers at all, they might give them some pointers, like I said about character appearing in the future and pokemons but that is it.

I'm sure the writers didn't tell them to put all those legendaries and random fightning scenes in the last DP opening but I'm sure they did tell them those pokemons at the end and rivals woudl appears in the league.

Obviousl the writers have a say in it but the animators do what they want after the get some pointers, the music its the same, if its a music that goes along with the openings, the animator and writers have to give them some pointers in that also but its not up to the animator if the music is going to suck or not.

That is what I meant aka don't blame it on the writers if you don't like it.

14. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

Figures they would change the ending and not the opening...hmm, hopefully it'll be changed next year

15. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

I couldn't care less about the ending. I normally don't like any of the Pokemon ending themes. They sound horrible.

16. Flygon Master54

Flygon Master54 Ahh I'm back baby

the ending is being changed next year though. Do you mean in the 11 months and 26 days afterwards?

Anyway the ending has no relevance to me, its basically something I skip to see Oak's Livecaster and the preview for the future episode(s).

17. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

I don't care about the ending. Make a new opening.

18. Flygon Master54

Flygon Master54 Ahh I'm back baby

Exactly what I'm thinking.

Is it comfirmed what the ending is going to be like?

19. Janovy

Janovy Banned

As of now, all the information we have regarding the new ED theme is its air date.

20. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

All I wanted for Christmas is a new opening...jk. We'll have to get one eventually

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.