• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New ending theme: "Brat Boy, Brat Girl" by Taiiku Okazaki w/ Sly and Robbie (Feb 8)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/songs/viewsong/721

Quick translation. Will probably revise it a bit later.

I do like the meaning behind how he interprets the nickname the TRio give them.

Not so much the Rocket trio's nickname, he says they mean it negatively, but he's using the literal meaning of "jari" to give the term "jari boy" a more positive interpretation. "Jari" means gravel, so a "jari boy" is a kid that's still rough around the edges... a kid that still hasn't lost the sense of wonder you eventually grow out of, which he sees as a good thing. The song has this "Kids should be kids while they're still kids and should enjoy their childhood before they grow out of it" message.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Was really surprised to see Nebby in the ending TBH. Does this indicates that it can appear anytime soon?

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Was really surprised too see Nebby in the ending TBH. Does this indicates that it can appear anytime soon?

It may not return to the SM anime or if it does return it could play an important role in the Ultra Beast arc. It could be like some memory of past characters that joined the group and left for some time.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
The pictures and animation are nice. But the song itself and the singer are terrible. Sure, it's better than "Pose" and I am relieved that despite being named after Team Rocket's term of choice for the heroes, Meowth doesn't sing it. But still, the melody is annoying, the singer is also incredibly annoying, and overall, the song is just kiddie **** of the kind that would be heard on PBS Kids shows (the really bad ones like Barney the Dinosaur, Caillou, etc.).

Bottom line: "Twerp and Twerpette" SUCKS.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Not so much the Rocket trio's nickname, he says they mean it negatively, but he's using the literal meaning of "jari" to give the term "jari boy" a more positive interpretation. "Jari" means gravel, so a "jari boy" is a kid that's still rough around the edges... a kid that still hasn't lost the sense of wonder you eventually grow out of, which he sees as a good thing. The song has this "Kids should be kids while they're still kids and should enjoy their childhood before they grow out of it" message.
Yes that's right. That's a deep and beautiful meaning & message from Okazaki. I believe adults can still have that sense of wonder/discovery... but not to the extent of kids.

Was really surprised too see Nebby in the ending TBH. Does this indicates that it can appear anytime soon?
Nah, if he does appear, it won't be until there's another crisis or they enter the Worm Hole. Though I honestly don't know. Solgaleo didn't have much of a role in the AF arc and he'll probably retain that same role if they need him again.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Yes that's right. That's a deep and beautiful meaning & message from Okazaki. I believe adults can still have that sense of wonder/discovery... but not to the extent of kids.

Nah, if he does appear, it won't be until there's another crisis or they enter the Worm Hole. Though I honestly don't know. Solgaleo didn't have much of a role in the AF arc and he'll probably retain that same role if they need him again.

with the poster, I believe he could end up as necrozma's lunch.
Also, TBH, I like this one more than future connections

ShadowForce720

Ouch, Solgaleo can't go down like that. :p

Well given that the poster shows both Dusk Mane Necrozma, and Dawn Wings Necrozma there is a good chance that Nebby is going to be taken over by Necrozma at least for a period of time, plus it would be pretty suspenseful if the next time Ash and the others see Nebby is when it's already taken over by Necrozma. Now it's interesting how we see both of those forms for Necrozma on the poster so it means one of the two thing either 1. Necrozma takes over Lunala or Nebby for a short period of time and then takes over the other one or 2. There are 2 Necrozma's . In my opinion I think there will only be one Necrozma.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I actually really enjoyed the new ending more than I thought I was going to. When I first heard the previews, I was a little skeptical but now, after hearing the TV version, it really works. The animation for it was beautifully done and this song is very catchy. It had definitely grown on me.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Well given that the poster shows both Dusk Mane Necrozma, and Dawn Wings Necrozma there is a good chance that Nebby is going to be taken over by Necrozma at least for a period of time, plus it would be pretty suspenseful if the next time Ash and the others see Nebby is when it's already taken over by Necrozma. Now it's interesting how we see both of those forms for Necrozma on the poster so it means one of the two thing either 1. Necrozma takes over Lunala or Nebby for a short period of time and then takes over the other one or 2. There are 2 Necrozma's . In my opinion I think there will only be one Necrozma.
Yeah there better be just 1.

andrewscott48209

It could also be Nebby's Mother and Father. Just guessing.

ShadowForce720

It could also be Nebby's Mother and Father. Just guessing.

Yeah but it wouldn't really have as much impact if they used a different Solegaleo other then Nebby, because one Ash and the others don't have a established bond with it and two Nebby's time there was really short so I'm not sure if it would really know that the Solegaleo taken over is it's Father, it would be more suspenseful if the Solgaleo that gets taken over by Necrozma is Nebby because Nebby had that whole bond with Ash and the others and now they have to fight and save it and plus even though the Nebby's time with the main cast on the anime was short more people in the audience would care more about it if Nebby was the one to get taken over since it's a established character that we already know to some degree compared to a different Solegaleo that just got taken over that we've only seen for a brief few seconds.

andrewscott48209

Yeah but it wouldn't really have as much impact if they used a different Solegaleo other then Nebby, because one Ash and the others don't have a established bond with it and two Nebby's time there was really short so I'm not sure if it would really know that the Solegaleo taken over is it's Father, it would be more suspenseful if the Solgaleo that gets taken over by Necrozma is Nebby because Nebby had that whole bond with Ash and the others and now they have to fight and save it and plus even though the Nebby's time with the main cast on the anime was short more people in the audience would care more about it if Nebby was the one to get taken over since it's a established character that we already know to some degree compared to a different Solegaleo that just got taken over that we've only seen for a brief few seconds.

I was just guessing why that poster would have both forms of Necrozma. That was the only thing I could come up with that isn't "it means nothing.". Because you'd think that a new arc poster that doesn't signify a new generation series would only show what's relevant to the story arc.

Evanibble

It's definitely a cutesy ending. Not what I expected, but I actually enjoyed it. It's a catchy song, and the visuals worked out really well. Like someone previously said, this could only happen in the SM anime, and they definitely chose the right time to use an ending like this one.

DatsRight

A cute credits sequence. Hoping the dub keeps at least some of the footage like did the earlier one.

The style and interactions (and cameos including Jigglypuff and Nebby and the Tapus) are all adorable.

I admit the title left me expecting a TR themed ending though. :p